pav 23-Nov-20
12yards 23-Nov-20
Duke 23-Nov-20
Surfbow 23-Nov-20
APauls 23-Nov-20
txhunter58 23-Nov-20
redquebec 23-Nov-20
22-Nov-20
Just for fun, say your sitting in a tree doe hunting like I am now due to the fact i don't have a buck tag. A doe is coming up the trail and right behind her is a giant booner that is obviously breeding her. You don't have a buck tag so the booner is off limits, would you shoot the doe with the knowledge that she is more than likely carrying the baby of the booner or let her walk too? I'm letting her walk for the future, what say you guys? This can be on public or private which ever you hunt.

I'm hunting in iowa all this week without a buck tag so this scenario will probably play out over and over all around me.

22-Nov-20
I wouldn’t bet the farm on the “booners all around me” scenario. Even in Iowa. But to the question......if I only had a doe tag I’d shoot the first mature doe I had a good shot at. Since the does carry half of the genes there’s no guarantee what her offspring is gonna grow on his noggin.

22-Nov-20
Drycreek, the odds are in my favor for multiple booners around me simply because they know I don't have a buck tag:)

22-Nov-20
Shoot the doe. Then said booner has to go looking for another one. I’ve actually done this exact thing, although not with a booner in tow. The buck didn’t immediately run off, but hung around for about 5-10 minutes before walking off. I still wonder what he thought.

22-Nov-20
I guess one of my own contributing factors for letting her walk is I have five doe tags in my pocket for this week and a very target rich environment. Trying to prove my worth to the farmers I hunt on. Deer equals less profit from their fields to them.

22-Nov-20
Hard to say but in theory I’d just watch the show .

22-Nov-20
I wouldn’t want to educate the Booner to my position. I’d let her walk and wait for another doe.

22-Nov-20
Scrappy I’m sticking an arrow right thru her! Last year had a doe come in in PA biggg 10 with a drop behind her. I used my buck tag day before on a smaller 8. Shot her, he stayed then left when I stood up.

22-Nov-20
I would shoot for he doe, especially if in a target rich environment. That doe could have been bred, or could be by several different bucks. No guarantee she will be fertilized by the booner or a different contender. Also booner has probably bred other does in the area, so do you pass on them all? I would keep the farmers happy or you may never get the chance at future booners. If you have 5 doe tags you better start filling them.

22-Nov-20
Depends if she starts blowing at me!

22-Nov-20
That "booner" has been breeding does for how many years already? I'm shooting the first five decent does that walk by and making sure the land owner/farmer sees me load up every one of them. ;-)

22-Nov-20
Perhaps the next doe you see and shoot has already been bred by a boomer. I would have taken the doe in question, if that’s your goal. If you just wanna watch big bucks in the rut, then keep passing.

Matt

22-Nov-20
Wait for a fat doe fawn. The back traps whole on the grill are incredible!!!!!!

22-Nov-20
I'd shoot her. She may have the deer version of Pelosi genes in her and the last thing you want is for the line to continue.

22-Nov-20
When you shoot 1 doe, you've killed several deer.

22-Nov-20
You are a hunter hunt her

22-Nov-20
Actually Scrappy, seeing as how I’ve never seen a booner in the woods I’d probably just gape until the window had closed........

22-Nov-20
Pass the doe and enjoy the show.

22-Nov-20
I agree on waiting for a doe fawn unless the property has way to many does. You kill a giant doe you just killed 3 deer most likely. Shawn

22-Nov-20
I would sit back and enjoy watching the boomer. Can kill a doe anytime if you have half a clue.

22-Nov-20
I would have shot her and not even thought that hard about it. I would still shoot her after you brought it up. I would maybe try to get a picture of that buck first.

22-Nov-20
I would have passed her. Not for any reason other than I enjoy watching deer. I’d have been watching every move of that booner and would never touch the bow

22-Nov-20
If I had access to property with a decent numbers of deer on it and the landowner wanted me to take does? I’d be taking as many does as I legally could.

Although if the buck were truly enormous, I might just sit and watch the Show.

23-Nov-20
Pass....more because I don't want to alert the Booner to my presence though.

23-Nov-20
I'd probably get my phone out and hit the record button.

23-Nov-20
I wouldn't let an arrow simply because I'd be so enamored with watching and trying to capture some footage of a huge buck. His genes are already in that herd at many different levels and trying to play genealogist with an arrow and bow doesn't do anything in my opinion.

23-Nov-20
Take a pic or video of the buck and then shoot the doe if you want, that buck will breed many does this fall...

23-Nov-20
Watching booners in bow range is an extremely rare sight I fantasize about for more days than I care to admit. When it finally happens I wouldn’t wanna ruin it :) But I’d definitely be taking video!

23-Nov-20
Where I hunt does are plentiful a fun easy to kill. Let her walk and watch the show

23-Nov-20
I would cry...yup, you heard me...cry. Because that's such a rare opportunity that to be placed in that situation without a tag would shatter me. Out of frustration and easy opportunity, I have settled for a smaller buck this year. As a result I am scared to get back out in the woods because I have convinced myself that a buck of a lifetime would step out in front of me and casually eat acorns at 15 yards...for a half hour. LOL.

What is it about big bucks that makes us lose our senses.

• Sitka Gear