Pat Lefemine 26-Nov-20
t-roy 26-Nov-20
APauls 26-Nov-20
paul@thefort 26-Nov-20
APauls 26-Nov-20
24-Nov-20
What do you find is best?

24-Nov-20
I would buy a Flambeau Boss Buck, if I was gonna buy one. Pretty realistic looking, IMO. Several Bowsiters on here use them. Perhaps they will chime in.

24-Nov-20

paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Too bad the Carrylite buck is not made any more. A lot of bucks have been killed confronting it. It was very well made as I have had mine for over 20 years and it still keeps on giving
Too bad the Carrylite buck is not made any more. A lot of bucks have been killed confronting it. It was very well made as I have had mine for over 20 years and it still keeps on giving
some of the bucks that were decoyed in. Yes, the boss buck is good and with a reasonable price. Unless they have improved how the legs are attached to the body I would look at another brand.
some of the bucks that were decoyed in. Yes, the boss buck is good and with a reasonable price. Unless they have improved how the legs are attached to the body I would look at another brand.

24-Nov-20
I like the boss buck. It’s the biggest. I know smaller ones work, but I had a hard time picturing a 300lb whitetail worrying about a 140lber when I was buying. It seems to do the trick

24-Nov-20
the reason I remarked on the leg attachment, I carry my decoy over my shoulders when walking in to the setup (decoy assembled less the tail, and antlers, I screwed the ears on) and then use the legs as support when carrying. I had a friend purchase the boss buck and we had to screw the legs to the body to keep them solidly attached. Troy and Adam, chime in on this as do you find this an issue? Paul

24-Nov-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I hunt multiple properties, so I can't just leave it in one spot. I do not like having to assemble and dis-assemble the "Boss"...it's noisy and there's no two ways around it. It's a lot like the old game of "Operation" trying not to touch the sides when pulling out the legs/ears/antlers and make noise. That said, I think it's the most realistic(other than the DSD) and I've had a ton of encounters with it.

I'd suggest Googling: Decoy Bowsite

Lots of great threads and input as well as videos. They're a blast when the work, have fun!

24-Nov-20
I have the Primos Scarface. I have nothing else to compare it to. I have become pretty confident in it and expect bucks that see it to come to it more often than not.

26-Nov-20
The Boss Buck is realistic.....it is also, as everyone has said, loud to put together and transport. That's really what keeps me from decoying more than I do. I've tried to come up with ways to make it quieter... but I got nothing, so far.

26-Nov-20
I sprayed foam in a couple for a buddy of mine. Tells me it made a (in my best Trump impression) HUGE difference FWIW

26-Nov-20
How much weight did it add to the decoy, Highlife? Also, what decoys were they?

26-Nov-20
So I guess the trick with decoys is that you want to buy one that’s just small enough to be challenged by whatever buck actually lives in your area?

With my luck, I would buy a big one and scare the hell out of everything within 3 miles.

26-Nov-20
I've had good luck with a scarface, loud carrying but effective

26-Nov-20
T-roy not a great difference in weight as far as I could tell. One was a flambeau I don't remember the name of the other one as this had to be a long long time ago .

Reminds me I've got 2 up in the garage attic sounds like a good winter afternoon project.

26-Nov-20
My buddy has a Dave Smith buck decoy. The most realistic thing I’ve seen. I snuck up on it one time. Got within 15 yards before I realized it wasn’t real!-)

26-Nov-20
I actually thought about the spray foam trick.... just don't know quite how to go about it.....

26-Nov-20
Those DSD decoys sure look incredibly realistic. I just can’t drop the $650 for one.........I’m saving up for some Sitka gloves ;-)

26-Nov-20
T-roy..... priorities.

26-Nov-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
One of my favorite set ups...and it worked ;?)

26-Nov-20
sitO.... that is awesome. I bet you kept it quiet though, until you saw that it worked. Lol

26-Nov-20

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
By far the best decoy on the market.

26-Nov-20

26-Nov-20
I don’t think that one would work for me. I’d end up shooting the decoy every time.

26-Nov-20
I wrapped my boss buck in a deer hide one year. Thought it would be quieter as well as more realistic.

All was great until I tried carrying it! Lol I’ll try everything once

26-Nov-20

SitO. my favorite elk decoy set up. Works every time. :)

26-Nov-20
I wrapped my boss buck in a deer hide one year. Thought it would be quieter as well as more realistic.

All was great until I tried carrying it! Lol I’ll try everything once

• Sitka Gear