Inshart 30-Nov-20
dakotaduner 30-Nov-20
tobywon 30-Nov-20
Grasshopper 02-Dec-20
28-Nov-20

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
Last year I shot a wolf while out looking mostly to fill a whitetail doe tag. As luck would have it, I didn't have a camera operator with me. So, I just turned on my cell phone and recorded some of my blabbering while it was happening.

The footage has been on my phone for a year. I showed it to Dale, one of my production crew, the other day and he said he would make something interesting from it. OK, knock yourself out.

At the link below is a YouTube video of what he came up with. I am ready for all the heckling as people see me pull the rookie move of not putting a round in the chamber.

Enjoy.

28-Nov-20
Saw this yesterday. I give your wolf a 10, and your filming a 4. If you turned the phone sideways you could have had a 7. I kid, I kid :) That “click” was great. Very much enjoyed the video!

I noticed you packed out the meat. Are you required to pack them out? Do people eat them? What did you do with the hide/head? Full body?

28-Nov-20
I dig it. Takes a lot of character and grit to post something so candid. Thanks for doing what you do Randy. Congrats on filling a wolf tag.

28-Nov-20
Loved it, thanks for sharing. Oh and congrats on that beautiful wolf!

28-Nov-20
Well, you’ve always been real, so I’m about to watch the vid with low expectations. ;-)

Better than you said it was !

28-Nov-20
Congrats on the wolf! Great looking specimen...I’m talking about the wolf.

28-Nov-20
Congrats please kill more of them!

28-Nov-20
I was glad you shared that with us. Love that you visit Bowsite also.

28-Nov-20
12 years since you haven't hunted in front of cameras, and you seemed thankful to finally do so, again. So you chose to film yourself? Hmmm......?

Anyway, congrats on your wolf, and I hope you get a crack at another one this year.

Matt

28-Nov-20
Like others have commented on the video and here. I'm interested in how it tastes. I've heard mt. lion tastes really good and I look forward to the chance to hunt one. Never have I heard about eating a wolf. Please let us know when you try it to tell us what you think.

28-Nov-20
You did GOOD.

and yes gun predator post are allowed, move on......

28-Nov-20
What do they taste like I want to know?

29-Nov-20
I read his response on YouTube. I believe it said it’s sitting in his freezer still and he’s been talking to experts to see if the risk of eating it is worth trying it.

29-Nov-20
GG just because he relished the opportunity to hunt alone doesn’t mean he doesn’t want his hunt videoed. We’ve all come to expect your criticism on every thread though. I enjoy watching what hunting footage I have of me and my kids. I’m sure Randy and his family will love watching this raw footage for years to come. Well done Randy.

29-Nov-20
Randy, you are welcome to come to Colorado in a few years when the wolf will be delisted and under state control. We lost this Initiative by a mere 39,000 votes out of 3.4 million voters. Those that live in the Denver, Boulder, Durango, Aspen area tipped the vote to the yes category; those that had nothing at risk or nothing invested. Too bad.

PS, nice wolf hunt. my best, Paul NE stopthewolfcoalition, manager

29-Nov-20
I read up a little on that wolf eating thing. It seems they can have quite a few diseases. If Randy thinks the spicy chili experience was tough on the gut.....this could go to a whole new category of gastric explosions. Could even trigger some seismic events or knock Santa off the NORAD radar?

29-Nov-20
Can it be much different than cougar or bear in possible side effects?

29-Nov-20
Eating wolf meat is a hard no for me!!! Great job on the self filmed by phone hunt Randy!!!

29-Nov-20
That was way cool, loved it!

29-Nov-20
Cougar and bear is excellent. I'll never be able to say that about wolf even if it is true for someone else.

29-Nov-20
Bare cougar is really something

29-Nov-20
Congrats on the wolf. I was very lucky to arrow one in Alaska two years ago. But it was not as nice as yours.

29-Nov-20
Beautiful wolf, Randy! Congrats on a rare trophy.

30-Nov-20
Beautiful wolf and I think the filming was just fine. Your excitement and your ups and downs came through each step. Watching you go through the shot process was most entertaining. I knew each step of the way what was going on all the way through the shot, certainly a different and rarely seen perspective of filmed hunts. Congrats on a fine trophy.

30-Nov-20
Beautiful wolf and I think the filming was just fine. Your excitement and your ups and downs came through each step. Watching you go through the shot process was most entertaining. I knew each step of the way what was going on all the way through the shot, certainly a different and rarely seen perspective of filmed hunts. Congrats on a fine trophy.

30-Nov-20
Choice of camera was the issue, not the camera man. Self filmed hunts that could cut your overhead and up the profit margin.

Be sure to add Cameraman to your life’s resume.

30-Nov-20
That meat would be tossed. No way I’m eating wolf! Too many diseases.

30-Nov-20
A nice, unexpected bonus while deer hunting. Congrats! No way I’m eating wolf though.

30-Nov-20
Well done Randy. I've eaten Mountain Lion and it was right at the top as some of the best flavored meat I've ever eaten! I'll pass on the wolf burger tho!

30-Nov-20
Wolf Chili. My understanding Randy loves it hot and spicy

30-Nov-20
Thanks for sharing and congrats. I laughed out loud at the look of disgust on your face after the gun went click. Glad you also told us that that the camera mirrors things when turned. I would have thought you were left-handed and driving somewhere in Europe...haha

02-Dec-20
Awesome job, enjoyed it very much!

They are called furbearers, not meat bearers. I would not eat or feed to my dog. Thanks for managing what is a really hard species to manage.

• Sitka Gear