fran 30-Nov-20
midwest 30-Nov-20
Nebucks 30-Nov-20
PK 30-Nov-20
Lone Wolf 30-Nov-20
GF 01-Dec-20
LINK 01-Dec-20
30-Nov-20
Looking for a harness for myself and my 11 year old daughter.

30-Nov-20
I like my Muddy harness.

30-Nov-20
Don't know about a weight comparison, but my daughter & I use "Seat of the Pants" harnesses.

30-Nov-20
I haven’t bought one but have been eyeballing a black diamond vario speed harness for my kids.

30-Nov-20
just bought a muddy, like it better than any other I have had. There was just a long thread about using climbing harnesses, I did not read it so not sure of the benefits of that idea.

oz

30-Nov-20
I have the seat of pants and the muddy and I like putting on and wearing the muddy better because it has a chest strap so that the shoulder straps don't fall off is one reason

30-Nov-20
I use a tree spider very light and comfortable.

30-Nov-20
Get a RC harness like an Black Diamond Alpine Bod. You'll throw all the other tree stand harnesses away.

30-Nov-20
Tree Spider X2

30-Nov-20
MUDDY

30-Nov-20
Hawk

01-Dec-20
I’m on board with a climbing harness, myself. BD Alpine BOD.

Climbing harnesses are made for taking a fall when you might have quite a long tether, such as when leading an overhang; they allow you to recover yourself and resume climbing.

The full-body harnesses are only an advantage if you tether yourself so high that you can’t sit down anywa. And they probably work fine if you have one of those devices that lowers you to the ground.

One of those might be The Thing, though, for someone who has a medical condition which might make it difficult to climb down due to dizzy spells or something...

01-Dec-20
My daughter has a women’s tree spider. She’s a tall 11 year old and there’s not enough adjustment for it to fit her. It is light but won’t adjust for her. What I like about the BD vario speed is that it will basically adjust to nothing or a 4 year old. It also doesn’t have metal loops for climbing gear. I can just imagine the gear loops constantly bumping something with a metal on metal sound. For a preteen I think the vario is the way to go.

• Sitka Gear