Bowfreak 01-Dec-20
Franklin 01-Dec-20
LKH 01-Dec-20
Drnaln 01-Dec-20
Drnaln 01-Dec-20
Bou'bound 01-Dec-20
Bowfreak 01-Dec-20
30-Nov-20
I shot a nice bull this fall and am going to mount it. My new home will have 9' ceilings in my trophy room. I like the 90 degree turn open mouth forms but was concerned I don't have enough ceiling height. I assume these 90 degree forms give plenty of antler clearance from the wall and that is not an issue, but I'm not sure.

Will this work for me or do I need to go with a pedestal mount?

30-Nov-20
It will work....it is the shortest top to bottom elk mount you can get. If you need a few more inches you can always alter the form a touch. Pedestals take up too much room IMO....unless you have the floor space.

30-Nov-20
Best all-around choice IMO, congratulations on the bull........Badbull

30-Nov-20
Depends on how wide the rack is. If it’s real wide it might be a problem. Take the rack to your Taxidermist and get their opinion/ suggestions.

30-Nov-20
A full sneak mount is a good one for high ceilings, you can hang it higher and it gets the head away from the wall for antler clearance. A slight turn full sneak is a great looking mount if it gets hung higher on a wall, mouth closed though looks best, imo, on the sneak. These pics turned up on a google search. Nice looking work I think : https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=63106.0

30-Nov-20
Do a TTT with this later when you have a picture for us.

01-Dec-20

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Since you asked LKH. :)

01-Dec-20
With 9 foot ceilings the mount will be pretty low. Look at wall mounts online or in a taxidermy supply catalog. Ask your taxidermist which brand he uses. An elk mount on a low ceiling room will either have the brisket really low or if you use a sneak mount the nose will be low. If you have the floor space do a pedestal mount? Nice bull

01-Dec-20
I should have the floor space. The rack has almost 40" outside spread.

01-Dec-20
On a 40" rack you are only talking 20" off the wall to the center of a 90 degree form. These forms offer the best of both worlds....they lower the head for rack/wall clearance and the turn the nose so it doesn`t stick out into the room.

01-Dec-20
Beautiful bull but I still would like to see it on the wall.

01-Dec-20

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo
A pedestal mount in front of a 9 foot ceiling.

01-Dec-20

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo
This form really worked well in a corner. Again the ceiling height at the wall edge is 9 feet.

01-Dec-20
Better an elk than a moose...those low ceiling moose mounts with the bell dangling in the guys cup of coffee on the end table are a riot. a great mount can "make" a room and a bad room can kill a mount.

01-Dec-20
Pedestal seems like a no brainier at this point.

• Sitka Gear