Brotsky 26-Jul-21
Hancock West 26-Jul-21
Bowfreak 26-Jul-21
Hancock West 26-Jul-21
scott7030 27-Jul-21
Bowfreak 27-Jul-21
scott7030 27-Jul-21
30-Nov-20
I shot a nice bull this fall and am going to mount it. My new home will have 9' ceilings in my trophy room. I like the 90 degree turn open mouth forms but was concerned I don't have enough ceiling height. I assume these 90 degree forms give plenty of antler clearance from the wall and that is not an issue, but I'm not sure.

Will this work for me or do I need to go with a pedestal mount?

30-Nov-20
It will work....it is the shortest top to bottom elk mount you can get. If you need a few more inches you can always alter the form a touch. Pedestals take up too much room IMO....unless you have the floor space.

30-Nov-20
Best all-around choice IMO, congratulations on the bull........Badbull

30-Nov-20
Depends on how wide the rack is. If it’s real wide it might be a problem. Take the rack to your Taxidermist and get their opinion/ suggestions.

30-Nov-20
A full sneak mount is a good one for high ceilings, you can hang it higher and it gets the head away from the wall for antler clearance. A slight turn full sneak is a great looking mount if it gets hung higher on a wall, mouth closed though looks best, imo, on the sneak. These pics turned up on a google search. Nice looking work I think : https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=63106.0

30-Nov-20
Do a TTT with this later when you have a picture for us.

01-Dec-20

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Since you asked LKH. :)

01-Dec-20
With 9 foot ceilings the mount will be pretty low. Look at wall mounts online or in a taxidermy supply catalog. Ask your taxidermist which brand he uses. An elk mount on a low ceiling room will either have the brisket really low or if you use a sneak mount the nose will be low. If you have the floor space do a pedestal mount? Nice bull

01-Dec-20
I should have the floor space. The rack has almost 40" outside spread.

01-Dec-20
On a 40" rack you are only talking 20" off the wall to the center of a 90 degree form. These forms offer the best of both worlds....they lower the head for rack/wall clearance and the turn the nose so it doesn`t stick out into the room.

01-Dec-20
Beautiful bull but I still would like to see it on the wall.

01-Dec-20

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo
A pedestal mount in front of a 9 foot ceiling.

01-Dec-20

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo
This form really worked well in a corner. Again the ceiling height at the wall edge is 9 feet.

01-Dec-20
Better an elk than a moose...those low ceiling moose mounts with the bell dangling in the guys cup of coffee on the end table are a riot. a great mount can "make" a room and a bad room can kill a mount.

01-Dec-20
Pedestal seems like a no brainier at this point.

26-Jul-21
Bringing this back up.

Did anyone do removable antlers?

If you didn't did you have any issue getting your mount through a 36" door?

26-Jul-21
Do removable antlers!!!!

26-Jul-21
Bowfreak I shot a 374" and didn't do the removable antlers. We shoe horned mine in the door without issues. I was told the antlers are never rock solid if you do the removable. Not sure if thats true or not but i occasionally walk up to it and put my hands on the antlers to relive the moment and i'd hate to feel them if they were lose.

26-Jul-21
Hancock,

Did you take yours through a 36" door and is it a wall mount or pedastal?

26-Jul-21
My bull went thru two 35" doorways. The rack is 46"wide outside edge to outside edge

27-Jul-21

scott7030  's embedded Photo
Michigan Bull 2019
scott7030  's embedded Photo
Michigan Bull 2019
I believe my bull was a right at 50" wide outside spread. I had no trouble getting him through a 36" door. I mounted him myself, so I could test fit the antlers on the form prior to mounting and made sure it would fit through my doors. By the way the ceiling height in the corner is right around 7'.

27-Jul-21
Nice Scott. What are the dimensions of your pedestal?

27-Jul-21
The pedestal base is 25" wide by 34" long and roughly 22" tall

• Sitka Gear