goyt 17-Dec-20
altitude sick 17-Dec-20
Aspen Ghost 17-Dec-20
Vonfoust 18-Dec-20
03-Dec-20

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo

Huntcell 's Link
Interesting short read on recent findings of 7,000 year old female hunter. How the archeology community resists the female hunter conclusion.

03-Dec-20
Yes, but did she identify as female......or male ?

03-Dec-20
I imagine when food is one of the three things on your mind that you'd be fairly adept at getting it however possible. Regardless of sex.

03-Dec-20
Arrow and spear heads were probably the most valuable commodity in that culture.

A woman, probably from a powerful station in life, dies.

They bury her with a small bag of broadheads.

Conclusion:

She was a hunter.

03-Dec-20
Damn thought this as a thread about my wife. She is over 40 now...

03-Dec-20
Don’t you mean ex-wife? If she sees this:-)

03-Dec-20
So a female hunts, so what??

03-Dec-20
They didn’t bury their dead they used them for bait

10-Dec-20

turkeyhunter60's embedded Photo
this..

10-Dec-20
That's a cool pic turkeyhunter60, thanks for sharing...

10-Dec-20
"Based on “the gracility of the individual, the lack of musculature, and slight nature” of the leg bones and a degraded cranium, Jim Watson, an anthropologist and osteologist at the University of Arizona, surmised that the person might have been female."

They kinda go out of their way to get to the conclusion (assumption). I would think with modern DNA/Science they could to some much better conclusive testing...but then it wouldnt be a story.

10-Dec-20
Her man probably told her to go make him a sammich.

10-Dec-20
Well I'm sure back then there were some ugly women that didn't have a man to hunt for them?

11-Dec-20
Photoshops. Bucks ears are droopy.

That buck needed another year as well;-)

16-Dec-20
Actually, originally the men did the hunting. The women prepared the food and kept the camp clean. As time wore on there were some lazy men that stayed behind with the women and tried to tell the women what to do.. They were the first democrats.

16-Dec-20
Women had to go out if there was a good game on.

16-Dec-20
Women hunt today. Why wouldn't women hunt in the past?

16-Dec-20
I was told there is a reason some are called Cougars.

16-Dec-20
Check out the book series Clan of The Cave Bear by Jean Auel. The setting of the first book is at the end of the Stone Age where cave man begins to fade and cro magnon begins appearing. The nain character was a female who hunted.

If I recall correctly, the author had an anthropological background and based her book series on a combination of fact and conjecture which made for an interesting read.

16-Dec-20
Based on “the gracility of the individual, the lack of musculature, and slight nature” of the leg bones and a degraded cranium, Jim Watson, an anthropologist and osteologist at the University of Arizona, surmised that the person might have been female."

You can't swing a dead cat in a Starbucks without hitting a "male" with those characteristics.

Back in those days, women were big into torturing captives. They were the primary torturers, in fact. That trait lives on today...

16-Dec-20
^^^^ LMAO

16-Dec-20
HAHHAAAA @ Lou....truth...

16-Dec-20
Back in those days, women were big into torturing captives. They were the primary torturers, in fact. That trait lives on today...

Ahhhh Lou that is unsettling coming from you didn't you just get married ahahhahaah

16-Dec-20
Lou don't let the new misses see this or you'll be in the dog house!

17-Dec-20

Here's another one...

17-Dec-20

17-Dec-20
I would not say anything derogatory about a woman that can still hunt with primitive weapons when she is at 7,000 years old! I have friends switching to crossbows at 69.

17-Dec-20
Her form is all wrong, she’ll never hit a 300

17-Dec-20
I think that atlatl is underspined but at least it's a fixed blade. It's remarkable that women hunters wore pink back then too.

18-Dec-20
I just have this image in my head of some guy in a loin cloth and a feather boa drawing "artsy" stuff on a rock while waving goodbye to an 8 month pregnant woman heading out to slay a saber tooth.

• Sitka Gear