midwest 09-Dec-20
Overland 09-Dec-20
APauls 09-Dec-20
BC173 10-Dec-20
Cheesehead Mike 10-Dec-20
APauls 10-Dec-20
Bou'bound 13-Dec-20
03-Dec-20
I've been shopping this season for a lightweight hang-on stand. I have older stands that were truly lightweight. Two were aircraft aluminum and manufactured by Loggy Bayou with the Cabela's brand on them. They only weighed six pounds. Another I have is an old Loc-on stand, probably about eight pounds. Both Loggy Bayou and Loc-on don't seem to be in business anymore. In checking what's available now I find stands advertised as "lightweight" that weigh 14 to 17 pounds. Anyone know of any truly lightweight hang-on stands, as in under ten pounds, available?

03-Dec-20
Millennium M7, Around 8.5lbs. Great stand, might be hard to find right now!

04-Dec-20
Wind Walker was a good one, made by Loc On I think. I don't believe they are in business anymore but you might find one on Craigslist.

04-Dec-20
Chippewa wedge lok makes one right about 7#s. Shawn

04-Dec-20
Lone Wolf Custom Gear

04-Dec-20
The Loc-on Windwalker was the best ever made for the sole purpose of mobile hunting. I have 2 and they only weigh about 3 pounds as well as the fleece treebark backpack they go in. Unfortunately Loc-on has been out of business for years. Check out Lone wolf custom gear. I just ordered the .5 stand which is probably the next closest thing out there. I believe it’s around 5 pounds but at a premium price.

04-Dec-20
I have a Loc On Limit at 8 1/2# and a Cabelas Al stand made by Warren & Sweat at 7 1/2#. Both are more than 20 years old and I recently replaced the cables and straps, like new again. Both are duel post models so the cables don't cut into your legs like newer models. I love to see Loc On, Warren & Sweat, Chippewa brands return.

04-Dec-20
I have a Loc On Limit at 8 1/2# and a Cabelas Al stand made by Warren & Sweat at 7 1/2#. Both are more than 20 years old and I recently replaced the cables and straps, like new again. Both are duel post models so the cables don't cut into your legs like newer models. I love to see Loc On, Warren & Sweat, Chippewa brands return.

04-Dec-20
I'd look at XOP also. Not quite as light but much better price than Lone Wolf Custom

04-Dec-20
The Windwalker weighs 7.75 lbs. according to their specs. The LW .5 specs say 5.7 lbs. not including the straps and cushion.

I have the Millennium M7. It's a great stand.

04-Dec-20
I still have a Loc-On Black Lighting that is awesome for mobile hunting. Not the most comfortable, but easy to pack, easy to hang.

04-Dec-20
i've got one of the old Carbon platform Ol' Man hang on stands.

i hung it yesterday.... there has never been a lighter stand....

04-Dec-20
FWIW.....IMO, there is a trade off between being lightweight as one's sole criteria versus comfort, function and foot room. I've been getting the X-Stand Jester lately because of it's fantastic foot room, it's unique hang-on design and expanded weight limit. If you spend a lot of time in the stand, you have big feet or expect to be shooting behind you...or like biscuits and gravy, this is a great stand. It's all aircraft aluminum and has a unique hanging system with it's hitch receiver-like design. It's 17 pounds. You install the receiver to the tree then bring up the stand and slide it into the receiver and then install the pin. If you have a leaning tree, the receiver can be adjusted to compensate for it. I have 3 so far and will be getting more. My 2 cents.....

04-Dec-20
Take a look at the XOP Vanish. Pretty light weight, hangs easy and has a very comfy seat.

04-Dec-20

Scrappy's Link
If cost isn't a problem check out lone wolf custom gear. Not really a fan of how this family operates but you will be hard pressed to find a better stand with this many proven features. Advertised weight of under six pounds.

04-Dec-20
Lone Wolf Assault is about 11 pounds, I have one and use it as my mobile stand. I also bought a Hawk Helium off Camofire. It's light and pretty big and comfy. I didn't like the hooks on the attachment strap so I put Lone Wolf versa buttons on it and converted it to use a Lone Wolf strap to hang it. I also have an old Loggy Bayou Cheap Seat that only weighs 6 pounds but I don't use it much because the seat is so low.

04-Dec-20

Sawpilot75's embedded Photo
I had a buddy over and he had the LWCG 1.0 which I compared to my windwalker and Assault. The 1.0 was about in the middle as far as size and weight. I was off on my earlier post.. I just weighed the Windwalker at 6.8 lbs and the Assault was 11.7. I took a pic off my tailgate with my Bison gear pack in the middle for scale.

04-Dec-20

I had a buddy over and he had the LWCG 1.0 which I compared to my windwalker and Assault. The 1.0 was about in the middle as far as size and weight. I was off on my earlier post.. I just weighed the Windwalker at 6.8 lbs and the Assault was 11.7. I took a pic off my tailgate with my Bison gear pack in the middle for scale.

04-Dec-20
I have been switching over to millennium M7 now have 3 they are light weight and easy to set up .I had Lone wolf but found the seat bothered my sciatica and couldn't set on them long with that type of seat .

04-Dec-20
The cheapseats were very light but also pretty noisy. I have two of the old Chippewa Ghosts, they now are heavy so disregard my first post. The ones I have weigh 6.7 pounds and are awesome. I use one as my platform as my saddle hunting. Shawn

06-Dec-20
Thanks for all the replies!

06-Dec-20
Fa...fa...fa...fa...four hundred and ninety-nine dollars for a Lone Wolf hang-on stand? Does it automatically pick you up and put you in the stand?

06-Dec-20
I use a Chippewa wedgeloc ghost I think it weighs 9 pounds.

06-Dec-20
I also 2nd the Hawk Helium XL with the mod Cheesehead Mike talked about. But I use the Millennium M7 the most.

07-Dec-20
Another x-stand user here. Super easy to hang and light. Comfy mesh seat also. It doesn't take me long to hang one, and you can get it in quietly because of receiver.

08-Dec-20
I like the Hawk Helium mod idea. Any tips when doing it?

08-Dec-20
Aces11, yes make sure you position the versa buttons so they don't hit any crossbars or mesh when the stand is folded flat. I didn't think of that when I was mounting my buttons and I had to reposition the lower one because it hit something and the stand wouldn't fold flat. I took the stand apart and drilled the holes with a drill press to keep everything square but that's probably not necessary. I assume you know you can buy the versa buttons on the lone wolf website. Install with Grade 8 bolts and lock nuts.

Also, if you don't want to buy versa buttons you can make your own with a bushing and a couple fender washers.

I've converted a couple other stands with the versa buttons too.

09-Dec-20
For the poster above who has a 3 pound lock on Windwalker you should not use it that’s less than half the stand it is supposed to be it must be missing some key parts

09-Dec-20
I just finished selling all my old fixed stands to clear garage space. This included four Alum-I-Loc AL-100’s which sold quite promptly. Yes they were light but also make a lot of ping sounds when shifting weight, even with new vinyl washers. Instead I now only use LW & XOP hand climbers, the lightest being the 14.7# LW Assault. Yes it’s a bit more than the ~6# AL, but for me the strength, security, safety & dead silent factor of the climbers far outweighs the few extra pound trade off.

09-Dec-20
Lone Wolfe Assault all the way, love mine they lock down to almost any tree and don't way much at all.

09-Dec-20

Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
My stands are 7.5 lbs with a 21" x 30 platform and is an under-leg design that will level on any tree no matter how much it leans or which way it leans.

09-Dec-20
Thanks for the advice Cheesehead. I converted some Hawk sticks with the Vera button. I will order another one up.

09-Dec-20
Cheesehead - Did you put two buttons on the stand?

09-Dec-20
Looks good, Rock! I love that under leg design. They are rock solid and easy to adjust for level. That's how I designed my saddle platform.

09-Dec-20
The Loc On Windwalker was (and still is) the lightest and best stand for truly lightweight, backcountry needs. They haven't been made in a long time. When they pop up on eBay they go for a few hundred bucks.

It amazes me that all these years later, no company has produced a similar lightweight stand. It seems like such an obvious market niche to fill. If you can advertise the lightest stand and have it be fairly reasonable in comfort and stability, it would sell amazingly well. If the technology existed 20+ years ago, surely someone can duplicate that (and hopefully improve upon it) today.

09-Dec-20
That design freaks me right out on a wider platform like a stand

10-Dec-20
The Windwalker stands were good for midgets. Not so much for size 13.5 boots.

10-Dec-20
Aces, yes I put 2 buttons on, one upper and one lower. The lower one probably isn't necessary but I like the option of having a second strap on the stand.

10-Dec-20
That design freaks me right out on a wider platform like a stand

13-Dec-20
For the poster above who has a 3 pound lock on Windwalker you should not use it that’s less than half the stand it is supposed to be it must be missing some key parts

• Sitka Gear