Twinetickler 04-Dec-20
midwest 04-Dec-20
Inshart 04-Dec-20
Old School 04-Dec-20
WV Mountaineer 04-Dec-20
Kodiak 04-Dec-20
Powder 04-Dec-20
03-Dec-20
I was looking at getting a 12x12 Alaknak tent. When I started doing more research I had a hard time finding any for sale. Did Cabelas stop selling them? Can they be found anywhere else?

03-Dec-20
I noticed this as well recently when a buddy wanted to buy one after staying in mine. We could not find one anywhere. Not sure if they are just sold out or if they are discontinued.

03-Dec-20
I was looking at getting a 12x12 Alaknak tent. When I started doing more research I had a hard time finding any for sale. Did Cabelas stop selling them? Can they be found anywhere else?

03-Dec-20
I think they sell a lot of those. I wonder if Covid has disrupted the supply, like so many other things this year.

04-Dec-20
My guess is covid too, popular tent. I have a used one that I might consider parting with. I have been debating it for a few years.

04-Dec-20
Alaknak has had some major issues since Bass Pro bought out Cabelas. I believe there was a large recall on them.

04-Dec-20
Take a look at Kodiak

04-Dec-20
Have the Alaknak and the Kodiak - the Kodiak is much easier to set up (especially just one person) and better tent IMHO!

04-Dec-20
I own both - a 10x14 Kodiak and a 12x27 Alaknak. Only draw back on the Kodiak is no stove jack.

04-Dec-20
I own a 12 x20. My brother own a 10 by 10 with a stove jack. They are good tents. However, if comfort, heat retention, and humidity is important to you, go with a canvas tent.

I understand the pro’s of the alaknak tents. As well as canvas wall tents. I owned one of them too. Go canvas unless weight is an issue.

04-Dec-20
Did you try Montana Canvas directly?

04-Dec-20
I'm not really interested in a canvas tent because of the weight and the space it takes up when folded. The nylon types are lighter and can be stored in a smaller space. I do want a stove jack but I don't camp in bitter cold or snow. Lows would be 20 or so at the coldest. I mainly want a stove to dry stuff off if it's wet and take the chill out a bit.

• Sitka Gear