Hondolane 20-Jan-21
BigStriper 23-Jan-21
PushCoArcher 23-Jan-21
07-Dec-20

Wv hillbilly 's embedded Photo
First days catch.
First days catch.
I’ve been staring this thread for a few years now about this time of year. Let’s see everyone’s predator control pics. I was fortunate to have the freezer full and kill a decent Ohio buck before trapping season started this year. I trapped the first week of season and ended up with 9 yotes and several other critters. After that I water trapped for a week as work would allow then pulled everything so I wouldn’t be in the woods during the gun season here. I’m gonna try to set up two different farms this evening after work. Mostly gonna be running snares with a few footholds throw in. I’ll follow up as I start catching them.

07-Dec-20

07-Dec-20

07-Dec-20

Here’s a good one from several years back.
Here’s a good one from several years back.

07-Dec-20

wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
Bobcats and coyotes here. 1st catch yesterday.

07-Dec-20

jmiller's embedded Photo
Nice skunk
jmiller's embedded Photo
Nice skunk
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
Hats and headbands
jmiller's embedded Photo
Hats and headbands
jmiller's embedded Photo
Mittens
jmiller's embedded Photo
Mittens
Odd weather year here in ND. Had a great spring beaver season and mediocre raccoon. Setting fox sets out this week. Been crafting the fur and selling lately.

07-Dec-20

jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
Caught two fisher but season hadn't opened yet so they got turned loose

07-Dec-20
That top right coyote is huge. Great thread

07-Dec-20

Back leg looks like something has been chewing on it.
Back leg looks like something has been chewing on it.
Nice cat wytex. Jmiller that’s a lot of work tanning and making the items you did. They look good! Bet that was fun turning those fishers loose. I ended up with about 18 snares out this evening before it got dark. Pulled a trail cam I hadn’t looked at since the middle of October while I was there.

07-Dec-20
“Nice skunk”.....that’s an oxymoron, isn’t it??!! ;-) Cool looking finished products, though!

One of my favorite threads of the year! JMiller.....you need to video tape that when you turn those fishers loose!

07-Dec-20
Great thread. I look forward to it every year.

07-Dec-20
Always enjoy this thread! Thanks for doing it again.

07-Dec-20
Awesome, thanks for posting all your great work to keep predator numbers in check. Very amateur trapper here, so I appreciate all the effort it takes to put up those kinds of numbers.

08-Dec-20
I just set 7 dozen cables over the weekend. I set them on trails next to fields in CRP grass. The weather is always a factor with this game. Last year we had 2 feet of snow and this year we have no snow and warm temps. I'm having a lot of deer knock downs. Hopefully the coyotes start moving soon.

08-Dec-20
Bitchin.. Love following this annual thread.

08-Dec-20

Here’s my count so far.
Here’s my count so far.
Thanks fellas! Hopefully we get some pics and stories to keep it interesting. Are you setting any traps this year troy? With the luck you had this year I’d bet you would do pretty well.

08-Dec-20

Few rats.
Few rats.

08-Dec-20
Always enjoy this thread! Thanks for doing it again.

08-Dec-20
Nice, I like following along as well. That's a lot of skinning and fleshing. What is the average time it takes to skin each muskrat out?

08-Dec-20
Tobywon back when I used to catch a lot of them my brother timed me and the best I could get was 47 seconds. I’ve read somewhere the fastest ever recorded was under 20 seconds. It takes 30 seconds or so to flesh one. Muskrats are the easiest critter to put up for sure.

08-Dec-20
Thanks WV, I figured that there would be some sort of competition in the skinning shed when you had a pile of them to do. I would have never guessed it would be that fast to skin one. Looks like you have a good start to the year and I hope it continues!!

08-Dec-20
Great thread. I'm hoping to get back into trapping when I retire, if there is a fur market then? Damn anti everything people.

08-Dec-20

wisconsinteacher's embedded Photo
So far, I have a few catches. 1 beaver 3 coon One was 37 pounds!!! 1 fisher (took 3 years to draw a tag, which is hidden in the picture)

I still have 2 otter tags I'm working on and my coyote line for the year. It is a lot of work but seeing a coyote bouncing in the lights of the ATV makes it worth it!!!

08-Dec-20
miller, from one ND gent to another looks like you are having a great season. Used to trap when I was in high school and a bit in college. Sure do miss it but given my current situation, trapping just isn't in the cards.

If you sell any of the things you create, do you have a website where I could take a look?

08-Dec-20

jmiller's embedded Photo
Love spring beaver trapping in the front yard
jmiller's embedded Photo
Love spring beaver trapping in the front yard
Scoot. I found a nice stout stick and pinned them down. They did not like me that close, but it went quick. They streaked out of there when released. I've caught 4 of them and only been able to keep one. Luckily the out-of-season ones were in footholds to they could be released. Bwana I don't have a website but do have a Facebook page. Check out Cottonwood Bend Farm.

08-Dec-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
WV..... I keep threatening to hang a few snares and set some MBs, but I haven’t done so yet. I’ve gotten tons of yotes on trail cams this year, along with a few bobcat videos/pics in a few different spots. Not sure if it’s the same cat. Also gotten a couple of red fox and even a badger. The grinner population is thriving as well.

Including this coyote I shot with my bow last month, I’m up to a total of.......1 !

Wisconsinteacher......any pics of that 37 lb Coon??!! Back in the late 70s, my brother & I caught a couple that weighed a tad over 30, but I can’t even imagine catching one that big!!

08-Dec-20
As far as the picture of the coon...no, it was raining and my wife was not in the "picture taking" mood. I don't know how it got into a 160 bucket set to be honest. I just hung it on the scale and text Wv Hillbilly about it. I know it will need to go on a coyote stretcher after I flesh it.

08-Dec-20

wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
Nice female this morning.

08-Dec-20
Nice one wytex. Nothing for me today. I got a handful more snares hung. Also found a casualty from the orange army last week. I’m sure the yotes and grinders will be along soon to clean it up. Hope to get home in time to add a few footholds tomorrow. Matt once you get that coon stretched you should post a pic of it beside a regular size one.

08-Dec-20
Wytex that's a beauty of a coyote

09-Dec-20
I will post a picture of it when I put it up. I know pictures would be nice, but I have no doubt it is the biggest coon I will ever see or catch. I think it was eating at a bear bait all summer. Thing was huge. Still mad I didn't take a picture of it laying next to the 26 pound bever I caught that day.

I picked up my first 2 coyotes of the year this morning.

09-Dec-20
Jeff - can you describe a Fisher release! Gotta be some pucker factor?

Matthew - very nice Fisher

09-Dec-20
I released a fisher last year out of a foothold. It was not as bad as I expected. It was a smaller female. I used my snowmobile to block off her area of travel. The biggest rodeo I've had in my 5 years of trapping was releasing a big bobcat from a cable restraint!!!! That was wild!!!!

09-Dec-20
That fisher is beautiful, wisconsin!

09-Dec-20
I’m pretty there’s a how “NOT” to video on the internet, of a guy releasing a bobcat. By the time it was over, the cat launched himself off of the top of the guy’s head!

09-Dec-20
That fisher is way cool. What a great animal.

09-Dec-20
Some good release stories! Keep em coming. Matt you could of sold ticket to the bobcat release and retired.

09-Dec-20
I didn’t get anything this evening. Was able to get four foothold out and set up 10 or so more snares on a fence row at another property. Got a feeling this blind dumb squirrel is gonna find a nut tomorrow. I’ve been wrong before. Ask my wife.

09-Dec-20

Flat set at a rock
Flat set at a rock

09-Dec-20

Finished product
Finished product

09-Dec-20
I had to release a bobcat once. I thought I was going to die. My wife tells a really funny version of the story.

She was rooting for the cat...

09-Dec-20
Are you guys able to find buyers for raccoons? Nobody here wants em.

09-Dec-20

RMhunter's embedded Photo
One of the prettiest colored coyotes I've caught

09-Dec-20

09-Dec-20
Beautiful yote, RM!

09-Dec-20
Rmhunter that is a beauty. I usually get a few cherries but nothing with that much white and blond. Did you get it tanned and keep it or sell it? Aspen ghost I still have most of the coons from last year at the auction house. There’s no market for them now. From what I’ve seen the coons from my area might fetch 3-4$ this year for a big one put up right.

09-Dec-20

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
Went out Saturday and called in a few. Got this one (along with his buddy) Cool thread Dave

09-Dec-20
Set 8 coon sets yesterday ended up catching 3. Got 4 k9 sets done today, hope to set some more tomorrow along with some cat sets. I'm getting more for the coon skulls than pelts.

10-Dec-20
WV hillbilly, I got one tanned to hang with a black one. I actually caught 3 red ones off the same property. 7 in total off this property and the four males were normal but all 3 female were red

10-Dec-20
Raccoon fur, along with nearly all others, are worth very little. In order to make some money of them, I tan everything and sew them into hats, mittens and scarves. As Christmas is approaching I'm sewing every evening. I also keep the meat from raccoon and beaver for the table. It's quite good, we only buy chicken from the grocery store so wild game is almost always on the menu

10-Dec-20
The bobcat release was great. I had a buddy with a catch pole and I had a big plactic tote. He pinned the cat down, I put the tote on top, pulled as much cable as possible to cut and got out of there. I knew we had to be careful because cats choke out so fast but he took off with no issues.

I picked up 2 more coyotes today!!!

10-Dec-20
Nice job trappers!

10-Dec-20
Coons in our area will be 5$ and down put up only. My buyer is only taking select 2x and up, no green or in the round, which i thought was pretty good since almost no one is buying them this year. I will be tanning all rats to add to my collection i already have for some throw pillows

10-Dec-20

PushCoArcher's embedded Photo

10-Dec-20

My worst release was a dang cat. I stepped on its body at the leg to keep it from biting me. When I released the trap the free from foot clawed me on the top of my hand. It instantly turned purple and doubled in size. Ended up at the dr the next day.

Cutting deer loose from snares is always sketchy. So far no injuries. I’m sure I’ll get kicked in the head one day.

10-Dec-20
"Raccoon fur, along with nearly all others, are worth very little. In order to make some money of them, I tan everything and sew them into hats, mittens and scarves. As Christmas is approaching I'm sewing every evening. I also keep the meat from raccoon and beaver for the table. It's quite good, we only buy chicken from the grocery store so wild game is almost always on the menu "

My hats off to you. There's a lot of work to make a buck putting up all those furs. Makes me very thankful that I have a market to sell my mid-weight heavy westerns in the round, for a decent price.

10-Dec-20
WV, On your footholds are you doing mostly flat set dirt holes? That is about all that I have ever learned. I caught 15 earlier this year with about a dozen traps, but I feel like I should be able to do better if I expand my horizons a little bit on my sets. I would love to snare, but I can't fathom how I could ever zero in with the endless acres of pine thickets and clear-cut that we have. Jt

10-Dec-20
When I trapped, a good coon could fetch $40.

It's terrible what's happened to the fur market. There's now polyester floating everywhere in the worlds oceans , mostly from discarded garments. The lunatic leftists were completely wrong, again.

10-Dec-20
I always sell the fact that fur is a renewable, green resource. At least here in the upper Midwest people understand that.

10-Dec-20
Shiloh. Yes flat sets and dirt holes. A lot of times if I have a good location I’ll set one of each and a third set as a piss post. Best way to find trails they are using is look around a few days after a snow. That’s not a bad catch running a dozen traps. Keep up the good work.

10-Dec-20
Thanks WV......only problem down here is that it might be 5 years until our next snow??

10-Dec-20

I skinned out the female coyote from this morning. Her teeth are busted and some are missing. Both upper canines are broken off. I wonder how old a coyote like this is and how many deer she's killed in her life.

10-Dec-20
6-7 years

10-Dec-20

10-Dec-20

Buckiller's embedded Photo
Buckiller's embedded Photo
Just started trapping this year. I think I was addicted before I even set any traps in the ground. Got my first trapped yote a couple days in.

10-Dec-20
I don’t know why my original post keeps reposting.

RMhunter, I believe that’s the prettiest coyote I’ve ever seen.

11-Dec-20
That’s great buckiller. It’s like Christmas morning every time you check them. Nothing for me yesterday. I shot 3-d at the local shop after I checked the line. I’ll have something today.

11-Dec-20
The anticipation of checking traps was probably the best experience I've had in the outdoors.

I really miss it, it's been 35 years. Yikes I'm old.

11-Dec-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I made one of these and always had it in the truck to remove the rare unintended animal.

12-Dec-20

Finally got one this morning. Was in a new snare I set yesterday.

12-Dec-20
I picked up another female this morning. I usually take Saturday morning and reset things and get the line back to perfect. I added 24 more sets with 19 of them on brand new ground. I also found the honey hole of a CRP field. It must be 30 acres and has trails all over it. As soon as we get snow, I'm heading in there to set it. I know I can pick up a few from this spot. I looked at the 10 day forecast and there's no snow predicted. grrrr

12-Dec-20

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

JL's Link
What's the biggest beaver you trappers have got? A guy on the Michigan Sportsman site got a 54lb+ one this week.

12-Dec-20
I mostly hunt in CO were trapping unfortunately mostly illegal. Someone above mentioned trapping in a CRP field. I love pheasant hunting CRP. Are you hunting fields like that, that only you have permission to be on? If not how do you prevent guys that are bird hunting from getting their dogs caught in traps?

12-Dec-20
JL.....biggest one I’ve ever seen was caught by a guy in our town, back in the 70s, that weighed 72lbs. Personally, I snared a pair of bachelor beavers that were carting off corn out of my food plot, next to the river. They were both well over 50 lbs each.

12-Dec-20
I trap CRP fields. I have permission from the farmer and am the only one there after deer season. We do not have pheasants here so there are no bird dogs in the area. I'm also using non-lethal cable restraints so if I catch a dog, the owner just needs to release it by taking the cable off like a collar.

13-Dec-20
Took a coworkers 8 year old son out on my line this morning. All he talks about at home is trapping so I figured he would enjoy it. I always get nerous taking people on my line because I don't know what will happen and how they will react but this guy did great. We caught a male coyote today. I was able to get a picutre with him and the coyote before dispatching it. At the end of the run he said, I think will quit school and trap for a living!!!

I would love to post the picture of the smile but I don't want to post it out of respect to him and his family.

I know he will be up at 5:00 next weekend for me to pick him up at 7:30!!!

13-Dec-20

jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
Unseasonably warm weather still has the skunks moving. I'll take it!

13-Dec-20
When my brother and I were focused on beavers in the late ‘80s we caught one that was verified by the local CO that was 73lbs. He asked if he could have it and local taxi did a standing mount. Last I saw of it was in the lobby of dept of Conservation in Montgomery. That was is the 90’s and they have long since moved. Don’t know what became of it. I wish we’d have taken a picture of it.

We regularly caught beavers in the 50lb range. Hides back then we’re running around $35 to $45 a piece. Worth our time to get them out of the swamp. Now a days we use them for bait. We’ll keep a smaller one for the crockpot every once in a while. Most are in the 30lb range now

Only reason we trap them now is to keep as much water as we can off our land.

13-Dec-20
Good on you Wisconsinteacher! That’s something that boy will never forget I betcha. Jmiller the skunks we’re moving here last night. That’s all I got today one skunk. We don’t have many beavers around here. Biggest I’ve gotten was 40.12lb.

13-Dec-20

Got a skunk, coon, and opossum today with some help. Got a beaver yesterday didn't put him on a scale but descent size. Still haven't got a coyote this year.

13-Dec-20
just curious as to how you kill your skunks/ or are you using snares

13-Dec-20
If I catch them alive I use a barkers skunk eliminator. Inject them in the lungs with 12 cc of acetone, they lay down and die in seconds. Talk to them, let them smell the needle and inject. The injection is crazy they actually lean right into it and inject themselves. No spray, harvest the essence, etc.

14-Dec-20

btnbuck's embedded Photo
btnbuck's embedded Photo
I trapped a lot when I was younger. Used to make good $$ at it back in the late 70's and 80's. Thanks for the memories with this thread. ;-)

Here's a 71lb. road killed beaver I got a few years ago from a friend. That's a sunfire car fender next to it. That thing was huge.

14-Dec-20

Got one red fox today in a foothold

14-Dec-20
In Ohio your required to use a relaxing lock on the snare. Most everything you catch is alive. Never caught a skunk in a snare. The ones I catch in footholds I shoot in the lungs with a 22. 50% of the time they won’t spray. 100% of the ones I’ve shot in the head have sprayed.

16-Dec-20

Dang, was getting tired of the wife making fun of me for not catching any yotes. Got three today. That’ll shut her up for a day or two. Had enough time to set up a new property I’ve never trapped also. Only got 9 snares in there but will add more each day.

16-Dec-20

38.15lb
38.15lb

16-Dec-20

27.8lb
27.8lb

16-Dec-20

27.9 lb
27.9 lb

17-Dec-20
WV, what is that white stuff??? If it is snow, send some north please!!!! LOL Nice job with those 3.

17-Dec-20

DRR324's embedded Photo
DRR324's embedded Photo
My predator control has been with the .350 Legend this year. First was a big male, getting it tanned. The second, small male.

17-Dec-20
Man WV. Many may not know this but to hook up coyotes is not the easiest of tasks. Very cool thread by the way. Keep it coming.

17-Dec-20
Great job everyone! Nice work on the furs jmiller, I have alway wanted a hat made from a nice wide striped skunk. I saw the biggest male skunk ever, up by Wild Rose ND , when I was duck hunting , probably 20 years ago....that thing still haunts me. It was at an abandoned farm stead, I didn't feel that I had the right to wheel in there and shoot it, but I wish I had of...never seen another one like it..looked like it was 25 lbs! lol

Trapping brings me more satisfaction that just about anything else... and yes, when the dems outlaw it, I will still trap on my own property. It's a right, not a privilege.

18-Dec-20
DDR, man that yote looks huge. Wow!

18-Dec-20

35.13 lb
35.13 lb
Got one today

20-Dec-20
Good job guys, always enjoy this thread. Keep after em and Happy and Safe Holidays to you all.

Kurt

20-Dec-20
Awesome job as always.

21-Dec-20
Great work guys! Hillbilly can you guys use snares or are they restraints? From your pictures, they must be CR's. I hope to hang a few here in PA after Christmas.

21-Dec-20
Thanks fellas! I didn’t get a chance to update this weekend. Was busy taking my youngest daughter gun hunting. Didn’t catch any either day so hopefully I’ll have something this evening.

Mad trapper we have to use a relaxing lock or breakaway. Deerstop also required. Good luck in pa. Post some pics when ya get some caught.

21-Dec-20
Interesting how every state is different on what they allow. In WI, we have to have a relaxing lock and 350# breakaway. I use 285# break aways though. We can't have any entanglement in the catch circle so anything bigger than you thumb as a general rule. I set tall grass and weeds. As far as cable, I use 1x19. I find it a lot stronger than 7x7 cable.

21-Dec-20

gflight's embedded Photo
gflight's embedded Photo
gflight's embedded Photo
gflight's embedded Photo
Just started trapping this year. Made an old piece of lumber into a fleshing board and have got some Coons and a grinner so far. Hopefully help my turkey population.

21-Dec-20
Please recommend a place that will tan a hide (coyote or fox) in Pennsylvania or neighboring states for those of us that happen to shoot only one or two per year.

21-Dec-20
Good job trappers.

21-Dec-20

Got 2 coyotes last week and a pile of coon. The Male I caught had a leg missing and partially healed over (probably lost it during our deer rifle season) and had lots of bald spots. Caught a female in the same set 2 days later.

21-Dec-20

Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
My son has been at it up here in Southern Alberta. He finished his BSc in biology, but rather than pursue the regular 9-5. He’s trapping/snaring coyotes this winter. He wants to hit 400. He’s at 150. We picked up 14 today. Cool pics and stories here guys! Thanks for posting!

22-Dec-20

24.8lb female. Hip caught. Set all my loops 8” around and 8” off the ground. Helps to avoid deer. Amazing she was able to get head and front legs through.
24.8lb female. Hip caught. Set all my loops 8” around and 8” off the ground. Helps to avoid deer. Amazing she was able to get head and front legs through.
Dang Dino that’s awesome! Plus a lot of work. I had a 50$ average last year I bet in your area it’s a lot more. That’ be a real good check if he can hit 400.

I caught two today. One pulled a ground anchor and got away. It’s really wet here now and I guess I didn’t have it deep enough.

24-Dec-20
Nothing yesterday or today. Good luck to anyone out setting steel or snares. Merry Christmas!

26-Dec-20

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo
Few Alaska Lynx down in one night. Population is definitely as high in this area as I’ve seen in the 6 years I’ve lived here.

26-Dec-20

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo

26-Dec-20
WVhillbilly, You get $50 for a coyote?

26-Dec-20
Altitude sick, yes that was my average last year. Had several sell for 100$ the rest ranged between 12$ and 100$. Look like some big lynx tembry. Is that the average size?

26-Dec-20
Thank goodness for trappers and predator hunters.

Small game hunters should subside their state license fees. For all the good they do.

26-Dec-20
TEmbry, that’s awesome. Did you call those guys in? What’s the story? Way too cool

26-Dec-20
DaleT.....reach out to Dennis Razza on here. I’m betting he could steer you in the right direction.

Crazy how the lynx population cycles up there. I’ve got a friend in Fairbanks that loves to trap lynx, and uses his plane. He also saves the loins and cooks up lynx McNuggets and says they’re delicious.

Holy smokes Dino! Is your son just trapping/snaring, or do you guys do some calling as well?

27-Dec-20
Logistical question. I'm new to trapping and was wondering what to do with the carcases. I've been piling them on my property line next to the fence sitters' stands. It is becoming quite an eye sore. Looking for a better idea. Digging a hole is technically illegal but I do know I could take them to the dump.

27-Dec-20

27-Dec-20

27-Dec-20

27-Dec-20

Got one today
Got one today
Cowdoc mine just go in a pile usually they are gone by spring. Nice catch rmhunter!

27-Dec-20
WV what part of Ohio are you in? I live in east Tennessee and do ally trapping here but I bought a little place in SE Ohio 5 year ago

27-Dec-20

Finally got my first cat of the season.

27-Dec-20
Hey T-Roy, my son does some calling as well, but with his snaring, he does not have a bunch of time for that. He keeps record of coyotes shot and snared.

27-Dec-20
Dino that’s some nice coyotes in that part of Alberta, worked for a farmer by seven persons in 1980 did a bit of trapping caught some yotes and bobcat along the river the farmer had never seen a bobcat he lived there all his life they were pretty rare site I had caught three big ones that winter ,loved the winters there.

27-Dec-20
Very nice, scoot!

27-Dec-20
Rmhunter I’m about 45 minutes northwest of Columbus. Nice cat and fisher fellas!

27-Dec-20
My place is in Morgan County about 5 miles out of McConnelsville. Never had many sightings of coyotes up there until this year and they seemed to be everywhere. Had several pics of bobcats this year as well. Here in East Tennessee we are overrun with coyotes and bobcats

28-Dec-20
Hey T-Roy, my son does some calling as well, but with his snaring, he does not have a bunch of time for that. He keeps record of coyotes shot and snared.

28-Dec-20

Got one today. 29.14 lb.
Got one today. 29.14 lb.

28-Dec-20
Great job to all.

Getting back into it here shortly. Actually looking to try trapping wolves and otter in Idaho next winter. Sure saw a ton of wolf tracks and lots of otter on my lion hunt a few weeks ago!

28-Dec-20
WV......your coyotes seem (to me) to have noticeably darker coloration than lots of other state’s yotes. Is that the case, or just my imagination?

28-Dec-20
Nice. Do you get alot of different colors in your area?

28-Dec-20

spike buck's embedded Photo
spike buck's embedded Photo
My contribution to the thread...

28-Dec-20
I get a lot of different colors most years. This is the first year I haven’t caught a cherry yet. Never have caught a white or black one yet. Know a couple guys that have. Nice Martin spike buck!

28-Dec-20

fishnride's embedded Photo
fishnride's embedded Photo
Got my first cat ever! Great coloration from the Eastern Plains.

28-Dec-20
Congrats on your first cat, Keith!

29-Dec-20
Beautiful cat fishnride, congratulations!

29-Dec-20
Nice fisher Scoot!

29-Dec-20

31.8 lb
31.8 lb
Got another one today

29-Dec-20

pirogue's embedded Photo
pirogue's embedded Photo
Checking my sets the other day, and could see a catch circle from a distance, but no trap or critter. Finally seen a hole that must have been full of leaves when I set the trap.

29-Dec-20

29-Dec-20
Going to be a muddy mess here for awhile, just had 10" of snow over Christmas then warm temps and rain. Then calling for rain Thur and Fri, makes it rough putting sets in

29-Dec-20
Good to see some nice catches on here.

I had a day of 8 beaver one late fall day. Each was 55-65 lbs Biggest beaver were 80 and 81 lbs,.. ,.. out of hundreds of beave I think I only caught 3 beaver between 70-80 lbs

29-Dec-20

Hondolane's embedded Photo

29-Dec-20

29-Dec-20

29-Dec-20

29-Dec-20
Good pics hondolane, great to see your daughter involved. My 8 and 10yr old boys love going. My 6 yr old daughter is starting to go as well

29-Dec-20
It’s a good time

30-Dec-20

jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
Trapping is a wonderful way to get kids involved in the outdoors. It requires less sitting and being quiet and they can explore, especially during the fall season.

30-Dec-20
LOVE the pics with the kids involved! Even more like Christmas every day they get to go!

30-Dec-20
I agree. Getting the kids involved is a great way to spend time with them and they learn a lot.

I have a friend I shoot 3d with that wanted to cut the number of yotes on one of the properties he hunts. He ordered a dozen snares and anchors. I helped him put them together and dye them. He set the dozen out last Sunday. Text me this morning with pics of two he caught today. I think he’s addicted now. He ordered two more dozen snares.

30-Dec-20

27.3lb
27.3lb
Got another one today. Was raining most of the afternoon. Had to wear chest waders and a rain coat. Probably have to check the line in a boat tomorrow.

30-Dec-20

Scott just stopped by with the two he got today. Any guesses on the big ones weight Might be a shed record.
Scott just stopped by with the two he got today. Any guesses on the big ones weight Might be a shed record.

30-Dec-20
That’s a big yote!! I’ll guess 52 lbs (gross) and 51.7 lbs (net)

30-Dec-20

39lb
39lb
I'll say 47lb, looks like some good fur on them too. I'm in the same boat with the rain, all my dirt hole sets are flooded and washed out. Wish we could use snares here. Picked up another beaver today.

30-Dec-20
Ha! Nice beaver. Something to compare it to the smaller one was 24.14

30-Dec-20

30-Dec-20
I'd say 45#. I caught one that weighed 51# a couple years ago but most of mine are between 20-35#

31-Dec-20

BOWNBIRDHNTR's embedded Photo
BOWNBIRDHNTR's embedded Photo
My son and I trapped together until he went to college. I continued the line for a couple more years just because my little dog, Izzi, had so much fun. She was full of attitude and believed she killed every critter herself....of course they were all dead before she got to fight em lol. I miss her every day.

31-Dec-20

New shed record. Caught it the second day he’s ever had a snare out.
New shed record. Caught it the second day he’s ever had a snare out.

31-Dec-20

Got me a mud ball today. Added a few more sets.
Got me a mud ball today. Added a few more sets.

31-Dec-20

32lb
32lb
2 opossums and a beaver in the same #4 1/2 sleepy creek DLS as the one yesterday. Going to get the line reset and in good order this Saturday once all this rain is gone.

31-Dec-20
Nice. Rain sure makes a mess of things. Good luck pushcoarcher.

02-Jan-21
Two days in a row with nothing. It’s rained so much here they need a snorkel to get around. Anyone having any luck?

02-Jan-21

Standard dirt hole Hiawatha Valley bait

02-Jan-21

Just a couple coons. Did a bit of work on the line today mostly readjusting beaver sets as all the rain and snow had left them to deep. Made sure my flat and blind sets were good to go but most the dirt holes are still swamped. What are you guys using to freeze proof your footholds salt, flake anti-freeze, waxed dirt? I've been using peat moss with some dirt from the trap bed on top and am looking for something better.

03-Jan-21

Caught a small male this morning

04-Jan-21

Red fox today.
Red fox today.
Pushcoarcher I use glycerol when I know it’s gonna freeze. Mix with water and spray in trap bed. Right now it’s so wet I’ve got to bed the traps in water and cover them with dirty water.

05-Jan-21

26lb
26lb
Wv hillbilly I'll have to give that a try, finally drying out here a bit. Beautiful red fox only have greys around here and not many. Got a beaver today and Sunday.

06-Jan-21
It has been a busy few weeks for me but I'm still trying to catch come fur. I'm up to 18 coyotes so far. I had one this morning but the loop didn't close enough and it slipped out. 5 weeks left of the season, so hopefully I pick up a few more. I have one more otter tag to fill so hopefully I catch one soon so I can quit playing in the cold water!!!

06-Jan-21
I trap in Indiana getting real tired of turning bobcats loose every year there a handful

06-Jan-21

37.9lb
37.9lb
Got two today. To wet to get the wheeler there. Had to carry them 3/4 mile. Oh well. Good practice for packing elk meat.

06-Jan-21

27.3lb
27.3lb

06-Jan-21

09-Jan-21

Novembermadman 's embedded Photo
Awesome thread.... thanks for posting all the pics guys. Keep it up and if any of you are looking for a place to trap around west central WI (Alma area) please contact me. I hunt coyotes when I can but don't have a job that allows me to trap like I wish I could. My place and my neighbors are overrun with dogs!

09-Jan-21

09-Jan-21
Pictures of doomed animals before being dispatched are unnecessary. Finish the process then share

09-Jan-21

Got one today to close the year out. This was the first year I’ve got trail cam pics of a doe with three little ones around here. Guess the work is paying off.
Got one today to close the year out. This was the first year I’ve got trail cam pics of a doe with three little ones around here. Guess the work is paying off.
Wow bou you really held out this year before complaining. 180 posts without a peep. You got any pictures of a lion in a tree that someone did or didn’t get in trouble over? How about trail cam pics of deer you shot? As I’ve said in the past don’t look if ya don’t like it.

I pulled my line today. The fur truck comes to pick up on Friday. Looks like it’s gonna freeze up next week so I’ve got to get firewood cut for next year. Since my buddy Greg died I cut 10-12 loads for his wife every year and I need that many at the house. Indoor league is starting back up so between the two there isn’t much time to run a line.

Keep the pics coming. Love to see everyone doing some predator control. Good luck!

09-Jan-21
You know bou would've posted a pic of the lion alive in the tree before he shot it, if he hadn't screwed up.

09-Jan-21
Great picture of that last coyote!!!!

09-Jan-21
Testy boys

09-Jan-21
Self righteous hypocrisy tends to make people testy.

09-Jan-21
So all those trail cam pictures of deer at bait scrapes etc. food plots etc. no issue. Treed lions, What a joke.

10-Jan-21
Testy boys

10-Jan-21
Good job Wv.

10-Jan-21

Got a nice bobcat this morning, my 10yr old is really getting involved this year, and we set two sets yesterday and connected on a 30.2# Tom this morning. He was stoked

10-Jan-21

10-Jan-21
Great cat!!!

10-Jan-21

Hondolane 's embedded Photo
Good couple days
Good couple days

10-Jan-21
Nice catches Hondolane!

10-Jan-21

Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Bobcat

12-Jan-21

41lb
41lb
It was a good day.

14-Jan-21

15-Jan-21

15-Jan-21

Ended the year with 23 yotes 2 red fox 42 rats 18 coon 1 mink.
Ended the year with 23 yotes 2 red fox 42 rats 18 coon 1 mink.
Nice catches fellas!

15-Jan-21
Always enjoy this thread. Got some serious trappers here on bowsite.

15-Jan-21
That thing is gorgeous RM!

15-Jan-21
Great job everyone!

15-Jan-21

Deebz's embedded Photo
Deebz's embedded Photo
I haven't killed any deer in the last 2 years, but I'm averaging 1 yote per season... here's this year kill... I was in a ground blind hoping for a fat doe, 4 of these guys came cruising by and the closest one got a face full of crossbow bolt

16-Jan-21

16-Jan-21

Beautiful yote RM! Hondo you're a coyote catching machine. Good haul WV. Got another cat today.

18-Jan-21

Caught a big male today

18-Jan-21

18-Jan-21
That’s a pretty cute little good luck charm you’ve got there, hondolane!

19-Jan-21

Doubled up today
Doubled up today

19-Jan-21
Nice! You guys are stacking them up. I set two beaver traps today. Might get lucky and have one tomorrow.

20-Jan-21

23-Jan-21
Good job fella's,keep at it. Hondo you sure have a good helper.

Kurt

23-Jan-21

Doubled up on fox's today.

• Sitka Gear