Milhouse 10-Dec-20
BULELK1 11-Dec-20
Harvester 11-Dec-20
tenpoint 12-Dec-20
krieger 16-Dec-20
56 kodiak shooter 17-Dec-20
Ambush 17-Dec-20
10-Dec-20
looking for a lion hunt state / outfitter what state has largest cats on record ?

10-Dec-20
Big lions are where you find them and can be in any state. Idaho would be a good choice, so would Colorado or Nevada. I'd book with the best outfitter you can, one that will ensure you shoot a large Tom and not settle for running lesser tracks.

10-Dec-20
WY has big cats also.

10-Dec-20
Take a look at P&Y and B&C records.

10-Dec-20
It seems like Washington has big cats.

10-Dec-20
Not what you asked..but I’d say Canada

10-Dec-20
We’ve got giants down here

10-Dec-20
I think any state probably has the potential for a big cat. But hard to say. Talking to a local game warden in Colorado he said most of the cats are killed are 3 years old at the oldest. So they aren’t getting to grow and reach their full potential. But that’s not to say can’t find a big one. But seems like it harder now days with some many people hunting them.

10-Dec-20
Paul seriously after last weekend? You know where the biggest lions are ;)

10-Dec-20
Biggest by weight, I would assume is Canada. But if you mean biggest by skull size, many states can give you a chance at a record book. Best to check record books for true data.

10-Dec-20
He asked about which State, that would exclude Canada, or that certainly would be the best answer. Idaho and Colorado are represented well in the P&Y Top 10.

10-Dec-20
Idaho

10-Dec-20
Check out Sawtooth outfittes,Idaho

10-Dec-20
Nice cougar! I'd like to get me one about like that one!

10-Dec-20

JohnMC's Link
Colorado, Rio Blanco County--29 cougar in B&C records

10-Dec-20
I would think you can toss out those states that do not allow using dogs to chase mountain lions. Does not matter how big the skull is if never encounter.

10-Dec-20
Interesting link from B & C

10-Dec-20
Depends on if you are talking body size or skull measurements. I believe the world record BC was a 150lb cat. Washington has big body cats that never get hunted because of the hound ban. The state trapped a 197lb cat last year near Spokane. Western wash. Is an impenetrable jungle that surely holds massive cougars.

10-Dec-20
I was trying to find the picture of the 200lb+ W Wash Cougar from 20 years ago. Apparently online searching large cougars is as dangerous as searching large beaver.

10-Dec-20
That’s the story you’re going with, Whitey??!! ;-)

10-Dec-20
You think that's bad, try large cougar beaver..

11-Dec-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Colorado use to be the top end but Canadian Tom's have really taken over it seems.

Here is mine from Colorado and he was #6 for a few years but like I said, those Canadian Tom's ran wild in the record books

Good luck, Robb

11-Dec-20
Check out Lobo Outfitters Pagosa Springs Colorado. I had a great hunt and killed a huge cat.

12-Dec-20
Thanks for all the replies gentlemen !

16-Dec-20
I always wanted to hunt near Reno, right on the state line. I'm guessing there are some big ones in E Cali...

17-Dec-20
Utah

17-Dec-20
Look in the Books for places that are trending up or more recently started producing. Some places get over hunted and by sheer numbers may have a lot of entries, but most are at or near the minimum. Kinda like the lake that used to really produce, but gets over fished because of past reputation.

• Sitka Gear