Medicinemann 11-Dec-20
orionsbrother 11-Dec-20
LKH 11-Dec-20
ahawkeye 11-Dec-20
orionsbrother 11-Dec-20
bigswivle 11-Dec-20
orionsbrother 11-Dec-20
10-Dec-20
Ha!! Ran my climber up a smaller red pine today. Had to head up a little higher to find some cover. I have a profound respect for heights. It gives me a bit of a “jangle”.

It was breezy. The tree was swaying and swizzling. The adrenaline was flowing.

This is a hunt that I do with an old friend where it’s about the only time we see each other during the year. It’s not a bow hunt. But I enjoy it for what it is.

So, maybe you guys will be pleased that after I killed a deer and ran the climber the thirty feet back down, I was a little wobbly on the ground. My legs were kind of noodley. I was laughing at myself.

Oh. And I had to drag the deer about 3/4 of a mile.

10-Dec-20
Hell, I can’t stand that swaying in a 20’ ladder stand. I’ve seen too many pine trees just give up in a wind. Don’t want to be the recipient of that !

10-Dec-20
Get ‘em Rick.

10-Dec-20
Thanks Justin. I did. Back strap and tenders in the fridge.

Don - It was, maybe, 9-10 inches in diameter at height. The foot platform of my climber was angled slightly downward. Any estimate as to how far I swayed would be an exaggeration... ‘cause it felt like it was yards.

No way I would’ve been able to stay up there on one of my hang-ons without the enclosure of my climber.

10-Dec-20
Good job

10-Dec-20
Going from Japan to Taiwan in a typhoon our 800+ man ship had about 20 men show up for the evening meal. I won't describe the condition of the passageways.

That's seasickness.

11-Dec-20
Haha LKH was on an LST for 6 mos anybody who was on the bubble was pushed over by the excrement in the passage ways. Congratulations Orion way to get over yourself

11-Dec-20
I was a tin can sailor. I remember going through a hurricane where it was almost as easy to walk on the bulkheads (walls) as it was to walk on the floor. I vividly remember watching green waves come DOWN on the bridge, which was 30'-40' above the water line.

11-Dec-20
Nothing but respect for those who’ve served and endured real hardship. Bobbing in a tree for fun is not hardship.

Please understand that I was just making fun of myself and hoping to give someone a chuckle at my expense. I can take it. I’m married.

11-Dec-20
Orionsbrother, I assure you no offense was perceived or received. I just had an interesting story and told it.

keep swaying in the trees

11-Dec-20
I was hunting Indiana gun opener a couple years ago up in a pecan tree. Wind was howling I was in a hang on stand and had a harness. There where a couple of times i felt the tree twist. I was jelly legged that day too. I don't think I got a buck that year but I was really hoping I'd have one that day so I could tell a neat story.

11-Dec-20
9.8 meters per second squared ahawkeye. 9.8 meters per second squared is the acceleration due to gravity. I was thinking about it a lot. Glad to hear that I’m not the only one that gets jelly legged.

11-Dec-20
Going 100miles off east coast Sunday for wahoo, 3-5’ers most of the way. I’m probably gonna puke most of the day

11-Dec-20
That Wahoo is some pretty tasty stuff!! Sashimi, sushi to grilled or baked. I’m jealous... not about the puking part...

Post some pics here!! Not the puking part.

• Sitka Gear