Contributors to this thread:
olebuck 14-Dec-20
Timbrhuntr 14-Dec-20
stealthycat 14-Dec-20
olebuck 14-Dec-20
ROUGHCOUNTRY 14-Dec-20
Thornton 17-Dec-20
14-Dec-20
Looking at going the last 7 days of the season... i've got a tag that i would love to put on a deer!

anyone ever tried late season DIY?? Not looking for any spots just looking for experiences. i hunted a great place in November ( private) but my budget won't allow me to go back there again.

any late season tips besides hunting food??

14-Dec-20
I went a couple years ago late bow season in central Kansas and the temp was between 0 and -5 f I never saw a deer for a whole week lol I think they were smarter than me and hunkered down in a warm spot ! On the plus side I also never saw another hunter. I had the same deal a great spot in November but failed to see the one I was after if you go hope you have better luck ! A buddy let me hunt his food plot of turnits lots of deer activity sign but all at night .

14-Dec-20
they've been rifle/auto chased for 1 week and a half ... GOOD LUCK !!!

14-Dec-20
I'm going to try to make it out. if nothing else i can check out spots for 2021

14-Dec-20

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
Gene Wensel is hunting in Linn county right now and has some good bucks showing up but they're on red alert.....very jumpy but he's being safe and masking up.

I have another buddy that didn't tag out earlier in western Kansas and he's at it again. He's seeing some new bucks on camera show up but it's miserable to sit in the cold temps and they haven't come by in daylight yet.

17-Dec-20
I love late season. Find a good feed area and they are as predictable as an easy season bean field. Saw several dozen tonight and they were all very relaxed. I shot an old 12 point last year a few days before Christmas.

• Sitka Gear