EMB 15-Dec-20
Casekiska 15-Dec-20
DanaC 15-Dec-20
Bowboy 15-Dec-20
EMB 15-Dec-20
Shawn 15-Dec-20
fran 15-Dec-20
14-Dec-20
Just looking for some help finding a good shop to get me started with the right equipment and fit

14-Dec-20
Hopefully you live near several to just start visiting them. If they don't have time to just talk to you this time of year then keep shopping. Unfortunately there is no magic way to tell if a shop is a good one or not. If at all possible stay away from the big box stores if you can.

14-Dec-20
Thanks for responding

15-Dec-20
It helps to know where you're located. However, a specialty archery shop is probably your best bet. It's like buying a suit from a men's clothing store rather than Sears. It's highly unlikely that you'll leave with an ill fitting suit or a POS. All except one of such shops in my area are 50+ miles away. So, I learned how to do most things myself.

15-Dec-20
Yes, definitely go to an archery pro-shop. The suit/Sears analogy above is spot on! Get to know the guys at your local pro-shop and let them know what your archery goals are. They can then steer you in the right direction...a bowhunting archery set-up is different than a target archery set-up. It is possible you will pay more at a pro-shop but in the long run it is less expensive. You'll realize this when you discover everything works correctly, is matched and does not have to be replaced because the wrong style or size was originally purchased. Also, read a lot about archery/bowhunting on-line. Not all the info will apply to your situation and some is just plain incorrect, but there's enough good info there to make the effort worthwhile. Good luck and welcome to the world of archery. It is fascinating!

15-Dec-20
Might want to ask in your state's forum. Good luck!

15-Dec-20
It's just not just fascinating but addictive!

15-Dec-20
Just as soon as I finish my 12 step program, I can quit anytime I want:)

15-Dec-20
If you are not to far into Mass than Flying Arrow Sports in NY is a great shop. Google it and add East Greenbush and it will come up. Shawn

15-Dec-20
Reedys Archery In Middleboro, Ma. Check out his website he has a great shop.

• Sitka Gear