jingalls 15-Dec-20
Shiras42 15-Dec-20
gobbler 15-Dec-20
Starfire 16-Dec-20
Fields 16-Dec-20
Jasper 17-Dec-20
15-Dec-20

Mule Power's Link
Guy not far from where I live invented this. I’ve never heard anyone mention it other than local friends.

It comes preset for 200 pounds and can be adjusted for the preferred rate of descent for any weight from 70 to 300 pounds. If you push on the strap with just one finger you can stop your descent at any point. Completely reusable unlike some fall restraint devices that are a one time use. For only another $20 the pro model comes with all stainless steel hardware which is a good investment. $115 for the regular model and $135 for the pro version. A friend who has one and leaves it at his tree told me he loves just stepping off of his stand at the end of a hunt and gliding to the ground.

We all know that people have died from dangling from a conventional fall harness and the shock from the initial impact can also cause injuries. Problem solved. I’m about to order one and figured I’d pass this along. Scroll down on the home page to see a video. Great Christmas gift for a loved one who spends time hunting from a stand.... or for yourself.

15-Dec-20
I have one and love it, plus it gives my wife peace of mind when I am hunting alone.

15-Dec-20
Thanks! I’ve been looking for a new one. I have a Spider but they quit making them for some reason (which concerns me) plus it’s getting old. Looks like cheap life insurance to me

15-Dec-20
I have used the wingman for 5 years now. Quick, quiet, small... Plus gives me the ability to lower myself to the ground with limited problems or help. I use mine with a rock climbing harness. Might not weigh 3 pounds with everything, so i have no reason to not carry it wherever I hunt.

15-Dec-20
Can you use the wingman while ascending the tree as well?

15-Dec-20
That’s a slick simple system. I’m going to have to get one of those for next season. Thanks for the heads up!

15-Dec-20
Too bad it doesn't just hoist you up the tree too! :)

15-Dec-20
Just got one ordered

16-Dec-20
is this needed if your hunting from a hang on and have steps to reach?

16-Dec-20
I wouldn't say needed, but ........ once you fall, there is no guarantee parts of your body might not be injured, it just might be easier to ride the wingman down to the ground. I never used it in a hang on. I only use a climber. I guess a lifeline would be needed for a hang on stand.

17-Dec-20
Simply ingenious idea! Thanks for posting Mule!

• Sitka Gear