DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
One of the South-African most unique plainsgame. The hunters that’s seen them on previous trips to Africa, will know exactly what we are talking about. Share your unique waterbuck trophy....

16-Dec-20

jstephens61's embedded Photo
jstephens61's embedded Photo
Didn’t even know what one was until I got over there. Everyone asks about it now.

16-Dec-20
Got one in 2013. That white ring on the butt is unique. And they’re a tough critter.

16-Dec-20
Question....ive never done an out of country hunt before. What happens to the meat, hide, trophy parts etc?

16-Dec-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Waterbuck weren’t even on my radar until just a few months before our safari. My bull ended up being my favorite animal taken. The bull I killed was chasing a cow all over through the brush until he made the mistake of following the cow past the blind. Like Dale stated, they are definitely a tough animal. I centered his heart and he ran out about 100 yards and stopped. He stood there for at least 15-20 seconds, before stumbling, but he regained his feet 4 more times before finally giving it up.

16-Dec-20

altitude sick's embedded Photo
Here is waterbuck horn overlays. Eastern Cape South African bowyer. Warrick Harvey.

16-Dec-20

Impala horn overlays

16-Dec-20
I need a waterbuck skull as they boiled mine too long for a euro mount

16-Dec-20

Chief 419's embedded Photo
Chief 419's embedded Photo
Waterbuck wasn't on my list when I went to Africa. When I saw three shooters coming into the waterhole, waterbuck instantly made the list. They're tough animals.

16-Dec-20

bowbender77's embedded Photo
bowbender77's embedded Photo
One of my favorite. Requires a well placed shot.

16-Dec-20
WVFarrier, the meat is all saved and used. In my case I saw some given to the trackers. And I believe some is sold. And for sure the hunters get grilled tenderloins for the evening entree, most evenings. On my wart hog, the trackers stuck a garden hose in one end of the guts and flushed out the contents out the other end of the guts. They saved the “cleaned” guts and ate them. I saw the trackers haul off wheel barrels of stomach contents from my eland, and clean up the stomach, to be eaten. Protein does not get wasted in Africa.

16-Dec-20
WVFarrier - Adding to Dale06's post, capes are salted and skulls are cleaned & boiled by the Safaris company. Your trophies are then send to a dipper/packer who will dip the capes, build crates pack your trophies, fill out the shipping paperwork and then ship your trophies to you. Your shipment will need to clear US Custom upon entry into the US. You can hire a custom broker (money well spent) or clear the trophies yourself.

If you have warthogs, monkeys or baboons, those trophies will be shipped in a separate crate and must be re-dipped by a qualified taxidermist in the US, before being released to you. If you don't have the swine or primates, your trophies will be sent to your address after clearing Customs.

17-Dec-20

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo
Did not have opportunity for a Bull

17-Dec-20

kscowboy's embedded Photo
kscowboy's embedded Photo
Dad’s Defassa from Tanzania

18-Dec-20

DEMO-Bowhunter's embedded Photo
DEMO-Bowhunter's embedded Photo
Can't really say I knew what a waterbuck was when I went over, but after my MIL killed one, they moved up my list pretty quickly. My Dad decided to spend the day in the blind with me one day and the only animal that presented a shot that day was this guy!

• Sitka Gear