Rickm 19-Dec-20
Overland 19-Dec-20
Stekewood 19-Dec-20
Kydeer1 19-Dec-20
Mike Ukrainetz 19-Dec-20
Stekewood 20-Dec-20
Mule Power 20-Dec-20
19-Dec-20
Well as long as Covid allows I am headed to Northwest Territories on a Moose Hunt. Can anyone give some helpful advice? I already have the outfitter and that part lined up looking for any other advice with things to not forget packing or even while out there. Thanks

19-Dec-20
Take a nice camera

19-Dec-20

huntinelk's Link
Consider taking a Montana Decoy, moose 2 decoy.

19-Dec-20
Have fun and manage expectations. Moose hunting is a slow game. They move in slow motion. Consider that calling in one place a bull may hear you and come in 2 days later. Your guides will know this, but enjoy the time even when you can go days without seeing a moose. That’s moose hunting

19-Dec-20
Appreciate the link...looks like a great trip.

19-Dec-20
Don't hit the shoulder! Its OK to be a bit back. Good luck and have fun.

19-Dec-20
Depending on what time of year, pack a full mosquito suit. Not just a headnet. The NWT are really special. There's a whole lot of land and very, very few people.

19-Dec-20
Bou +1

19-Dec-20
It's a second week Sept moose hunt overland. I'd assume it's pretty cold for them by then?

19-Dec-20
Are you helicopter assisted? Fantastic if you are!

20-Dec-20

20-Dec-20
If you are hunting from a fly in location obviously your outfitter will be making trips in and out of camp before your hunt. So if you want to take anything that might put you over your weight limit ask him if you can ship stuff up in advance and have him drop it in camp before you arrive.

• Sitka Gear