krieger 21-Dec-20
timberdoodle 22-Dec-20
rattling_junkie 22-Dec-20
Ermine 23-Dec-20
Matt 23-Dec-20
Trad PA 23-Dec-20
Will 23-Dec-20
19-Dec-20
AAE Max Stealth user. There great vanes IMO. Also very quiet in flight.

19-Dec-20
Max Stealth for me. Stiffer and quieter in flight than the hybrid. I use the AAE primer pen and Loctite ultra control gel and they bond really well.

19-Dec-20
Like JW I use the primer pen. You have to use very little glue make them stick.

19-Dec-20
I clean the base of the vane with lacquer thinner and just use fletchtite platinum works really well for me.

19-Dec-20
The hybrid will be easier to get good adhesion. That said I like the max material better with the Sleath. If your not willing to use the primer pen and max bond then you better off with the hybrid

19-Dec-20
I use one stringer wraps on mine.

20-Dec-20
I too made a switch from blazer vanes this past summer. Went to the max stealth on bohning wraps. I used the full aae prep kit, including wipes for the shaft, primer pen and their glue. I still had some trouble with adhesion. Not giving up on the system, but hoping I did a better job on the batch I stripped down and refletched. Haven’t had a chance to shoot them yet to find out. I also went to 4 fletch. I was very impressed on how quiet they were and how well they shot.

20-Dec-20
I've used wraps, no wraps and primer pen with max bond and the adhesion is ok. I thought I had the issue taken care of by fletching straight to the shaft but I popped a vane off shooting last night.

20-Dec-20
I've used the same bottle of max bond for two years with no problem. The trick is once you're get done fletching arrows store it in fridge and it'll last a long time.

20-Dec-20
I've always kept my glue in the fridge. I like the vanes but I don't like the adhesion. Flex Fletch fletched the same way can't be pulled off the arrow before the vane rips with vise grips.

20-Dec-20
I tried the max stealth and wasn’t a fan. They were just too heavy for me. I like a lighter vane in the back.

20-Dec-20
You hate Levi Morgan and bowmars do illegal stuff so you don’t want to support them...but you’re considering doing so because blazers weigh a “hefty” 6 grains? You can’t be serious.

20-Dec-20
You’re 100% confident in something you’ve never even tried? Got it. Carry on.

21-Dec-20
There are very few shooters in the world that can tell the difference in 10 grains on the back of an arrow, even Levi can't tell. Sorry if you are just a hunter it makes no difference. Shawn

21-Dec-20
Thwacked won't last long here.

21-Dec-20
Built a dozen Victory RIP TKO Elites, 75 grain brass hits up front, IW collars. Went with 4 max Stealths on six of them and the other six I put just three. So far I cant tell any difference between them with broadheads. If i go with the four fletch I am going to have to take a half turn off the limbs.

21-Dec-20
Thwacked, let me remind you that the OP asked about switching from blazers to max stealths. Oh yeah, that would be you. Blazers weigh 6gr (approx), max stealths weigh 10gr (approx). Suddenly blazers were too heavy for you, although max steaths were what you were originally considering switching to. Then suddenly you developed 100% confidence in a vane you never tried. Your line of thinking seems a little odd.

21-Dec-20
"Anyone mess with tac vanes? I hate Levi Morgan! And the bowmars do illegal stuff, don’t really wanna support either of them but unfortunately the vanes look pretty good, 2.75” inch and 3 are lighter then blazers. "

I'm sure the CPA's and financial advisors to both of these parties have called a special meeting, right before Christmas, Covid be damned, JUST to try to win your business. I'm sure the $20 you were going to spend will make all the difference. Levi and the Bowmar's will put " self -introspection" on their New Years resolution list.

22-Dec-20
If you want to add another step to your fletching process, enjoy the AAEs. IMO, unless you use the pen, you're asking for them to come off, which is why I use Vanetecs now.

22-Dec-20
I've used them, they are fine

Thwacked1992, you can't be serious? Some people's kids.

23-Dec-20
Flex fletch!!

23-Dec-20
Using Flex Fletch now, but formerly used the Max Stealth with no pen and didn't have adhesion issues.

23-Dec-20
No thanks, they require extra steps and products to get them to adhere....stick to Bohning.

23-Dec-20
Pondered these this year, ended up sticking to blazers as I had a bunch to use up... But 21 is a new year. Some good info here - thanks guys!

• Sitka Gear