Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Cornpone 20-Dec-20
Zim 20-Dec-20
Zim 20-Dec-20
Cheesehead Mike 20-Dec-20
Overland 21-Dec-20
20-Dec-20
I have the LW Alpha with it's original seat. I modified it a bit for comfort, as I like long sits as well. I removed the thin, hard foam seat and put one of those 2" thick turkey hunting seats on it. All I had to do was glue a piece of 1/8" panelling on the underside for support. Besides, the original seat may be waterproof as far as the internal foam but that cloth covering soaks up quite a bit of water equating to a wet butt.

20-Dec-20
Gosh I’m glad I am comfortable with the factory seats, because this is a common complaint. I have two compressed discs too. Why not just use the sit and climb? I’ve not tried one. Do you not like using one for some reason?

20-Dec-20
I’d highly recommend you take a look at the XOP Ambush sit & climb. A couple nicer features with that stand. More space for foot room while climbing. Curved bracket allows wider trees.

20-Dec-20
I have a sit and climb and I added a Hazmor net seat. It's super lightweight and comfortable for all day sits.

21-Dec-20
I used to use my Lone Wolf Hand Climber for all day sits. You're right, the seat sucked. I purchased a Hunt Comfort seat that fits perfectly and is a MASSIVE improvement. Now I can sit all day with no issues. Well worth the purchase.

• Sitka Gear