Shiras42 21-Dec-20
Blue Buck 23-Dec-20
WVFarrier 27-Dec-20
Bou'bound 27-Dec-20
Bou'bound 28-Dec-20
20-Dec-20

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo
For you Sitka fans could your layering system stand up so well to a mamma grizzly. That rain gear and merino combination not to mention the socks were all that stood between man and enraged beast. Glad it all worked out so well. Be safe and be prepared out there boys.

20-Dec-20
No doubt having more clothes on the better if attacked by a grizzly. That Yukon stuff is tough, maybe now grizzly proof??? Glad the guy survived.

20-Dec-20
Pictures please!

20-Dec-20
Lol

20-Dec-20
Now THAT is actually funny! Hard telling if any of this story is true, but certainly the most true part is that is was only for the KUIU that this person survived! We no longer need the debate over sidearm or spray.

20-Dec-20
I can see it now.... “Forget the grizzlies just hunt..... with our new scent blocker grizzly proof hunting clothes. It’s like a suit of armor “ For only $1999 plus shipping. $750 on Camofire lol

20-Dec-20
I am pretty sure that kuiu would have been in that bears poop in a couple days if the bear wanted it to be.

20-Dec-20
Total nonsense, IMO. I could see a heavy wool garment providing some protection, but not a polyester rain jacket.

Matt

20-Dec-20
Maybe the taste of Kuiu is like the sizing. Shitty!!

20-Dec-20
Glad he survived the attack, but my question is why he did not already have a round chambered while hiking in grizzly country.

20-Dec-20
That story telling resonates rowdy-dowdy.

20-Dec-20
Instead of a hand cannon or spray, I just carry a Yeti cooler with me in grizzly country, to crawl into (while wearing my Kuiu, of course). They are grizzly proof too, ya know!

20-Dec-20
Ambush.....lollolol

20-Dec-20
Are you sure this is just not a Kuiu advertisement with all of the products mentioned? And "with hoody on" to boot!

20-Dec-20
It was on kuiu Instagram with hunter details and hunter name, dates, etc but I did not include that detail. It is true in terms of the event. Whether he still walks the earth due to his choice of clothing is a matter of personal opinion I guess

20-Dec-20
I fully believe you Bou, but I agree with Paul, sounds to much like an advertisement - I certainly hope some young (or old) novice does not takes that write up to heart.

Wonder if the HECS suite would have been even better protection against a griz?

20-Dec-20
Fake news I predict.

20-Dec-20
I guess wearing my Walmart camo I’m just effed ! Wait, no grizz in Texas.......

20-Dec-20
So bears can rip meat off bone but not tear a Kuiu jacket?

20-Dec-20
WOW!

20-Dec-20
Was this posted on the Utardhunters Instagram? Lol

20-Dec-20
Total BS. Now if he was wearing HECS, well you know.....

20-Dec-20

20-Dec-20
Come on people. If he had a HECS suit on the bear would not have been able to find him. Apples to oranges there!!!

20-Dec-20
My HUK fishing gear is shark bite resistant

20-Dec-20
Conner no offense intended but BS unless you have pictures lol

20-Dec-20

Rickm's embedded Photo
Rickm's embedded Photo

20-Dec-20
From the new Grizzly line. Little tough to get around in but its worth it.

20-Dec-20
I would say the the IG post is too embarrassing to be real but I still have the Kifaru Fb feed. The "fanboy" phenomenon is both real and prevalent. It's not just for teenaged girls.

20-Dec-20
I don’t think chainmail, let alone a rain jacket, could stop a grizzly. I call BS.

20-Dec-20
Kuiu yukon gear is 4 ways strech. It is the only hunting water proof gear in which you can apply a jiu jitsu triangle choke to the attacking grizzly.

20-Dec-20
This is about like saying the foil wrapper on Christmas Hershey Kisses my wife put out today saved them from me eating them. The ones that survived were strictly due to my choice.

20-Dec-20
As long as he was Brandstanding, why not mention the brand and model of thong he was wearing? And man-bun scrunchy? Those two items may have saved his scalp and his nards.

20-Dec-20
I've never had a grizzly survive an attack from me regardless of whether it was wearing KUIU or HECS. I call BS.

20-Dec-20
C'mon guys. Chuck Norris had the action jeans in the 1970's, don't know why guys would so skeptical of improvements in technical clothing since then.

20-Dec-20
How sad I actually knew a guy who had a pair :(

20-Dec-20
Guys- Did you read the entire story?? It says he was wearing the $48 Kuiu merino socks!

And you still doubt??

20-Dec-20
It must be true its in the internet

20-Dec-20
But the real question is what kind of underwear was he wearing and did they hold up???

20-Dec-20
I'm sure it was something in a French silk ;)

20-Dec-20
The original Instagram post has photos of the evacuation plane with hunter bandaged and taking off and in hospital as well as other shot of the game taken on the hunt prior to the attack that was thwarted by the kuiu gear

20-Dec-20
Ambush lol Great thread =)

20-Dec-20

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Wait, some of you who were then around didn't have Action Jeans? You missed out.

20-Dec-20
My Sears tough skins, with the re enforced knees saved me many a time on my Big Wheel.

20-Dec-20
It’s not a matter of surviving an attack with HECS. the bear would never see you and you could walk right by it.

20-Dec-20
I must admit, I don't own a weapon that doesn't have a round chambered. That's in the house. When I step out of my house I could be attacked by a possum or squirrel. We don't have bears. I live in my woods. My wife always has loaded weapons within reach. She carries a loaded pistol when picking vegetables in our garden and it ain't because of bears. We do have raccoons that would have torn that guys clothes up. They can tear up a Havaheart live trap.

20-Dec-20
“ My Sears tough skins, with the re enforced knees saved me many a time on my Big Wheel.”

But those things would just about to kill you if you stood close to the campfire for a few minutes and then bent your knees. I only got lit up that way a couple of times, but I remember it well…

21-Dec-20
Hey now...the Action jeans worked great, !!!! but the Instagram post is a crock of shit...

21-Dec-20

petedrummond's embedded Photo
petedrummond's embedded Photo
Kuiu design team ramps up for the 2021 hunting season

21-Dec-20
The original Instagram post has photos of the evacuation plane and in hospital as well as other shot of the game taken on the hunt prior to the attack that was thwarted by the kuiu gear

21-Dec-20
Ambush for the win...………...

21-Dec-20

JL's Link
Researching the original story, I came across this one. This one seems a little more credible and less promotional.

"How a Pocket Knife Saved This Man During a Grizzly Bear Attack

By Omar Mouallem, Reader's Digest CanadaUpdated: Oct. 30, 2020"

21-Dec-20
I am thinking that he may just be looking to score some free KUIU gear?

23-Dec-20
On sale now at J. Peterman!

27-Dec-20
Why would you be walking in grizzly country without a chambered round?

27-Dec-20
because you were wearing Kuiu Yukon..............dah!

28-Dec-20
If he was wearing Sitka the bear would have never saw him!

28-Dec-20
all sitka all the time unless you are being nibbled on by a sow grizzly

• Sitka Gear