stick slinger 22-Dec-20
12yards 22-Dec-20
Shawn 22-Dec-20
midwest 22-Dec-20
WI Shedhead 22-Dec-20
21-Dec-20

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
I am just curious as to how many NR bow hunters on here were successful. List state you are from and if you were successful or not. I live in NY and killed my buck on Nov 6th in Iowa. Thanks! Shawn

21-Dec-20
I live in N.E. Iowa & my season has sucked. Nice Buck. What part of the state (details)

21-Dec-20

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
Zone 4 was good here's some friends pics

21-Dec-20

21-Dec-20

21-Dec-20

21-Dec-20

21-Dec-20

21-Dec-20
Damn I’d say!! Your buddies leave any!!??? Lol

21-Dec-20

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Wyoming and successful. Shot November 8th.
Bowboy's embedded Photo
Wyoming and successful. Shot November 8th.

21-Dec-20

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
Success as NR in IA in Zone Noneofyourbusiness. Public Land.

21-Dec-20
**** I'm sorry-reread title-those guys are residents.They will go deer- less rather than settle for smaller bucks (spoiled) most of the above are personal bests

21-Dec-20
From Wisconsin. Hunted zone 4. No luck

21-Dec-20
It's pretty hard to pass up a 2.5yo 120" 8 point after waiting 4 years for a tag!

21-Dec-20
12 yds., looked like he was right under him, spine shot ?

21-Dec-20
I hunted zone 3 on public, the hunting was slow from Oct 28th until the 6th when I killed this buck. Don't know who the 2.5 120" 8 pt was for. My buck was a 3.5 year old 9pt. 133-5/8 gross and nets 126" and a bit. Yeah If I was a resident I would not shoot anything less than 140"s on public land. I bet most of the bucks Nolz posted were private land deer if not all of them! Shawn

21-Dec-20
bigtines, he was straight away at about 7 yards. I actually screwed up on the shot. I should have shot on the right side of the spine, but I hit on the left side of the spine. I'm thinking I only went through one lung but he died quickly about 40 yards from my tree. I did not hit the spine.

21-Dec-20

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
I did my own European for the first time ever, came out pretty good I think! Shawn

21-Dec-20
Generic term

21-Dec-20

Andrew M@Work's embedded Photo
Andrew M@Work's embedded Photo
I am from IL. Hunted Zone 6.

21-Dec-20
Post public or private as well, just out of curiosity. Thanks! Shawn

21-Dec-20
Did you kill one on the Nebraska side too Shawn

21-Dec-20
I hunted Iowa for the first time this year. I'm from Minnesota and felt I was very successful though I didn't harvest a deer. I passed on a few bucks, including one that I would never have passed on in MN; but as a previous post mentioned, Iowa is the land of giants so I held out. I ended up missing the biggest buck of my archery career and saw numerous bucks scouting that would have easily made the wall. Zone ?? and it was all on public land. I will say it's not always about the "usual" zones so keep an open mind if you go. TODDY

21-Dec-20
Killed one in Nebraska as well, again a nice 3.5 year old. Shawn

21-Dec-20
Good job guys, memories forever!

22-Dec-20
So not much success?? I am curious as I was told the rut was terrible in most of Iowa this year! Shawn

22-Dec-20

stick slinger's embedded Photo
Upper 140s
stick slinger's embedded Photo
Upper 140s
Private land, zone 7. Hunted with my resident father who did some scouting and got us some access. Not tons of action, but lots of fun.

22-Dec-20
Shawn, I was down there Monday 11/9 through Saturday 11/14 (had reservations through Monday). Tuesday it rained pretty hard and steady all morning. I saw 7 bucks that morning including a big shooter 8 point at 30 yards that turned directly away from me after I drew. Another tall, heavier 8 pointer I would have probably shot had he come by me later in the morning. That afternoon I saw 5 more bucks including another I would have shot. Wednesday I thought the deer were going to go crazy. It was sunny and cold in the morning after miserable conditions Tuesday. Wednesday morning I saw a 2.5 year old 8 chasing a doe around in the morning and that was it. In the afternoon I was walking into the same spot and a shooter was walking towards me. I froze and he came by at 25 yards wondering what I was. He had a nice 4 point side and two tall spikes on the other side. I passed on the shot but he was a unique buck and very tempting. Thursday was similar to Wed. Cold, clear and crisp in the morning and very little deer movement. Saw a busted up racked 3.5 year old, a yearling 6 pointer and a button buck in the morning and a couple antlerless deer in the evening. Friday the 13th was nuts. I had at least three P&Y bucks chasing does on the ridge I was on in the morning. At first light a nice 8 with a huge body was chasing a doe around my tree. Every time he'd stop he was behind a tree and I couldn't shoot. Finally the doe took off with him in tow of course. Another tall 8 pointer, really tall, came up toward them and the big bodied 8 postured up and the tall buck wanted nothing to do with him. He went around him and walked to the east. Eventually the tall 8 came busting by with a doe of his own and they ran to the west. Then, I think the buck I eventually shot came up the south side of the ridge, hit the trail of the two hot does and trotted to the west to find them. About 20 minutes later a doe came blasting past me at 5 yards with the buck behind. I grunted loudly to stop him and he finally did about 7 yards past my stand straight away. The shot did it's job and he died 40 yards from my stand. I sat for 2 hours after the shot and saw no more deer. It was an amazing hour that morning though. Hot does were the key.

22-Dec-20
Yeah I will post my story. I was there from the 27th and left on the 13th. The action heated up after the 6th of Nov. Shawn

22-Dec-20
Nice buck Shawn!

22-Dec-20
Hunted unit 9 private. Killed a nice 140 at 11:45 on November 7. Might try to get thier after the first of the year and get a doe, and work on my kid filling his tag. He had chances but it didn’t work out he had 12 days in the stand

• Sitka Gear