Rgiesey 21-Dec-20
coelker 21-Dec-20
Matt 22-Dec-20
ahawkeye 22-Dec-20
Will 22-Dec-20
Shuteye 22-Dec-20
21-Dec-20

coelker's Link
My son and I ran across this today. Watching the video all the way through I was really conflicted about the deal.

What are you thoughts? Initial reaction vs how you feel after a bit?

I will post my thoughts in a bit...

21-Dec-20
NO conflict here. Sometimes you are lucky and sometime you are good. We should all be so lucky and good. Nice bucks for both. my best, Paul

21-Dec-20
Besides being a really poorly produced video, I'm a bit confused about what happened. The local hunter claims he shot the second buck with the other hunter's bow, yet there are two bows laying next to the deer in the post kill shots. Where'd the other bow come from?

If they actually did kill both bucks with the same bow, I hope the second shooter at least knew he could accurately shoot the other hunter's bow. Otherwise, it seems a bit irresponsible to fling arrows at animals from a bow you haven't shot before.

Lastly, what was the short elk hunting clip at the end all about? I don't see any reason for adding that footage to the deer hunting video. All around, I'd say it was a successful hunt and an amateurish video production.

Matt

21-Dec-20
My favorite part was near the beginning when the narrator was whispering at the camera while some other idiot was skylining all along the ridge in full view of every deer for miles. Otherwise agree with GG

21-Dec-20
I’ve never hunted mule deer. From the east, Massachusetts to be exact. Is that a common reaction for a mule deer when they get hit with an arrow just to hang out and then lay down? I’ve never shot a whitetail that took kindly to it and just stayed there and bedded down. On impact they’re always off to the races.

21-Dec-20
That’s funny MA. I’ve never met anything that took kindly to be shot with an arrow. lol

21-Dec-20
Couple guys went hunting, killed a couple deer, had a blast. I'm not too concerned with the details, I have enough of my own business to worry about.

21-Dec-20
For 25 minutes of my time, it’s gonna have to have better reviews than I’ve seen so far...

21-Dec-20
WV I mean that arrow ripped thru him and it was like Muhammad Ali taking a right hook from Frazier. I’m gonna definitely take the right from Joe instead of the arrow personally lol

21-Dec-20
It wasn’t very good GF, I only got my observation by fast forwarding and an accidentally stopping when the guy shot haha.

21-Dec-20
My reaction was the same as Glunt’s. At least there weren’t any 100yd shots, nor did I hear any “Smoked ‘em’s” or “booya’s”. I count that as a positive.

21-Dec-20
My attention span must be too short.

21-Dec-20
Ok at first I was really Bugged by the idea that they shot the velvet buck, then instead of any follow up etc. they were more concerned about getting the second buck killed. I was fine with it until they showed the first buck still alive and needing a another shot to finish it off.

On one hand I was disappointed because they had not tried to end the suffering of the first velvet buck faster, but then thought that in a normal situation a poorly hit. Buck would have had me waiting it out anyways...

I was definitely not a fan a of a guy using another bow for the first time to take a shot at an animal. That seemed too risky for my liking.

22-Dec-20
Don't people usually wait multiple hours after a marginal shot before tracking? Especially given they knew the deer was just below them?

Not getting the issue personally. 2 deer shot, 2 deer recovered in relatively short order.

22-Dec-20
I've watced it twice. I think the guy with the briken leg or whatever is cheating at corn hole. I can't prove it yet but that's what I think.

22-Dec-20
I had zero issue with anything. 2 dead deer with archery equipment. Not sure what I could possibly have an issue with. Sometimes deer take a little bit of time to die. Leaving them alone and not worrying about a follow up is probably the best thing and archer can do.

22-Dec-20
In my many years of bow hunting I have had several deer jump, look around and go back to eating acorns after a pass through. Normally the take off, but not always. In Illinois I once shot a deer and thought I missed. Shot a second time and it waked a few yards and dropped. The two arrows had hit within inches of each other. Jak Hammers make a big hole but the deer don't know what happened sometimes.

• Sitka Gear