The last savage 24-Dec-20
JL 24-Dec-20
PECO 24-Dec-20
W 25-Dec-20
DanaC 25-Dec-20
longbeard 25-Dec-20
BULELK1 27-Dec-20
21-Dec-20
What SD card reader’s worked best for you using your IPhone? Really want something that’s uses the KISS format - as in pull my card and look at what’s on it. Thanks

21-Dec-20
I bought one of the WM SD card readers you plug into your I-phone. It found the app, I loaded it and ten minutes later I was viewing pictures. Want to see if it will work on our IPad. That would be the cat’s meow.

21-Dec-20
I bought one from Walmart’s phone and camera department. I don’t remember the name but, for $20 I’m happy with it.

21-Dec-20
You want the Apple SD card reader. Get the Apple one, not some generic thing on Amazon. They are about $30 and well worth it. It is the only one I have found that you can view the pics in “Photos” on iPhone/iPad without having to download everything off the card. No separate app, no downloading, view and delete straight from the card.

—Jim

21-Dec-20
I’ve had good luck the the BoneView. You can get them on Amazon

21-Dec-20
Jim I’m gonna look into that! My current one is a pain in the neck. Especially if I forget my big card table reader in my truck or don’t take my pack with me when I go for a walk.

21-Dec-20

longbeard's embedded Photo
longbeard's embedded Photo
This one I bought off of Amazon I believe but if my memory serves me it is an Apple Card reader. It cost like $14

21-Dec-20
I have the same one Longbeard has. You have to download the pics from the card to the phone. The look at them in the camera roll.

21-Dec-20
Thanks guys - appreciate the help.

21-Dec-20
Not to hijack but i have some questions....

I have bought 4 of those iphone card readers now, 1 moultrie reader(i took it back and got a replacement, 2nd one did same thing), an iphone one and a vivitar one. Each one did the EXACT same thing. They all worked great the first 3-4 times i checked cams. Then it stopped loading the pictures. It goes to the screen where the bar at the bottom signifies its downloading, then it stops, cuts out and acts like there are no pictures. Am i the only one that has this problem with them?

21-Dec-20
SIP as much as I like Moultrie and their products, their card readers are junk. I went through two of them, just terrible. Since then I’ve used only the one I showed in the picture. It has been awesome

21-Dec-20
Lots of them look just like the Apple one. But they do not work the same. It has to be Apple branded. They are NOT $14. With the Apple one you do NOT have to download all the pics to view them. I’ve used it on several phones iPads running various versions of IOS and it always works. The cheap knock offs don’t work the same.

—Jim

21-Dec-20
I have gone though two or three so far, before I bought the actual apple version. I use it with my iPad and it works very well. All the other brands would work at first then shit the bed one way or another.

22-Dec-20
Remember, deleting 'on the card' creates 'trash' files that still take up card space. Periodically you should be re-formatting your cards, which clears them completely. This can usually be done on the cameras' menu.

22-Dec-20
I use an old point and shoot camera with LCD screen for a card reader.

22-Dec-20
I have a stealth. After downloading the free iBrary app you can view pics without downloading. Couldnt be much easier.

22-Dec-20
Amazon, 12 bucks. Works great for pictures but not videos

22-Dec-20
Thanks guys

22-Dec-20
Heads up for you guys considering a SD card reader. I had a SD card reader that I tried to use on my cell phone a long time ago. I was using Moultrie cams and the phone (via the card reader) changed the video format the trailcam records vids in. I wasn't able to review the SD card on my laptop after trying to watch them on the cell phone. Things may have changed since then but heads up.

24-Dec-20
This has been the most frustrating year ever with sd card readers for me, bought a new iPhone so upgraded my reader to match,, it worked ok a few times, now nothing will even come up on my phone when i plug in any of the THREE that ive bought. Now one culprit may be my sd cards. I bought 3 victure game cames, yes they are cheap but the original one i bought last year works fantastic. Idk if the formatting has chaged or what but neither my tablet nor phone will even recognize that an outside device is plugged in, sorry op i had to see if anyone has an answer , this us a great thread to ask....oh someone stole my first cam

24-Dec-20
Maybe I just don't get it, but don't understand the concept of a card reader... Why don't youenz just rotate 2 cards when ya cant take one back and enjoy and filter in the comfort of your home rather than fumbling around in bad weather and the elements... Curious as to what I'm missing?

24-Dec-20
Thats what i do zbone.

24-Dec-20
Z....I do the same thing too. I gave up on SD card readers.

24-Dec-20
I also just use a small digital camera.

25-Dec-20
Zbone, here’s the difference. I’m on the backside of my place. I pull the card and see good activity. I leave the camera there and maybe put out a little corn. If I don’t see much activity, I can pull the camera and my stand set while I’m down there. With your plan, I might need to make an extra trip down there after I’ve viewed the card.

25-Dec-20
Last Savage, try rebooting your phone with the reader connected.

25-Dec-20
Z your missing nothing but technology. Yes you can take the card back and put it into your laptop to view and down load the pics that you want to save. Then if you want to send a pic or two to your buddies you can email them from your laptop or email selected pics to your phone to send. But with a card reader you can also take the SD card home and view all the pics in the comfort of your living room and download the selected pics right to your phone

I do it both ways but with the card reader you can cut out one complete step in the process.

27-Dec-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've really enjoyed mine.

They had a buy 1 get another 1 for 1/2 price so I still have a brand new one.

Enjoy,

Robb

• Sitka Gear