NoWiser 23-Dec-20
X-Master 23-Dec-20
bad karma 24-Dec-20
Shawn 24-Dec-20
Empty Freezer 24-Dec-20
BGbasbhat 24-Dec-20
The dream 24-Dec-20
22-Dec-20
So I'm in the market for some new 10x42 binos that will be used for Turkey hunting and whitetails in the woods so don't need anything bigger than this. My current pair are on there last leg wont mention brand but question I have is. If I go to a store are they going to let me touch a million pair with this covid going on? Has anyone bought a pair without actually looking through the glass to see how clear or not clear they are?

22-Dec-20
Not sure how stores are doing it now. But My buddies and I all use the Luepold 10x42 for elk, deer and Turkey hunting. Spendy but awesome! We bought ours on Ebay actions and got em for a better price then retail. Had em for several seasons

22-Dec-20
I've bought binos without looking through them. Knew they were good from what others had said about them here on Bowsite. Don't need the ultimate in glass for turkeys and deer. Nikon Monarchs are good glass for the money.

22-Dec-20
Anyone in the market for new binos should consider the Vortex brand. They offer quality products, good value per $$$ spent and their customer service is excellent.

22-Dec-20
Really pleased with my Zeiss Conquest HDs. I would recommend finding a good used pair, if money is a factor.

22-Dec-20
Without a doubt look at Maven. They are here in my home town. Before I went maven I had tried Swaro’s and vortex both. Since finding Maven we have slowly sold all our old stuff. They have great service and will actually mail You a demo pair in most cases.

22-Dec-20
Without a doubt look at Maven. They are here in my home town. Before I went maven I had tried Swaro’s and vortex both. Since finding Maven we have slowly sold all our old stuff. They have great service and will actually mail You a demo pair in most cases.

22-Dec-20
I have purchased most of my binoculars w/o looking through them. They have been Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski plus a pair of Steiner's. I have always gotten what I expected.

22-Dec-20
If you don't want to spend the big dollars buy vortex best warranty

22-Dec-20
I'd just hate to drop a couple hundred on binos and get them and not get what I expected. That's why I was wondering if you can look at them in stores now or not. Thanks for the feedback guys

22-Dec-20
Vortex all the way you can not get better customer Service

23-Dec-20
Kahles. My 10x42’s are 15 years old have seen some rough use and are still awesome.

23-Dec-20
Kahles. My 10x42’s are 15 years old have seen some rough use and are still awesome.

23-Dec-20
I’d spend $2500 without looking through them but would never ever ever do that with a $300 pair.

23-Dec-20
Was looking at some Vortex Diamondbacks, the smaller 10x28, nice light unit for the money (about $150.) Unless you need the low-light performance of 42 mm front lenses, these would be a great run-and-gun choice.

Another friend has their 10x42's and those are similarly light for their size.

23-Dec-20
For Turkey and woods hunting I would use 8’s. They will also be plenty for the majority of your hunting out west.

I bought a set of 8x32mm Vortex HD Diamondbacks this year and love them. Wider field of view, plenty of magnification and very clear. Unbeatable warranty. Excellent value. Highly recommended!

This recommendation is coming from a guy that has been using Ziess, Leica, and Swarovski optics almost exclusively for the last 30 years... Currently have Swarovski 10x42 EL’s, 15x56 SLC’s, and 65 mm Spotting scope.

23-Dec-20
X2 on Vortex.

23-Dec-20
For turkeys and whitetails I'd be looking at 8X over 10X. Some nice 8x32s would fit the bill quite well. Zeiss Conquest HDs are a good place to start. I can't imagine 10x28s are nice to look through at first and last light.

23-Dec-20
X3 on the Vortex HD Diamondback 8x32's- Awesome for all hunting and 3D shooting and they won't break the bank!.

24-Dec-20
I bought my Kahles 10x42 binos in 1996. They are still magnificent optically. You can find them on ebay on occasion. I had a fellow who heard it from an optical engineer at one of the companies tell me they were within 1.5% of the optical clarity of the twice as expensive Swarovskis, which is why they quit marketing them in the US as they were biting into their sister company's business.

24-Dec-20
You don't mention price point!! If I was but Lieca, Zeiss, Swarovski, and spending over 2 grand I would not worry to much about looking through them. If I am spending 3 hundred to a grand I want to look through them. That said, Maven, Kahles, even some of the Nikon's can be had for 5 to 700 and you would be happy. I actually just sent a pair of old Nikon's in for repair. They could not fix them and gave 500 dollars credit. I got a pair of the Monarch 7 10x32s and for bowhunting whitetails I love them. They are not as good as my Liecas but are darn close! Shawn

24-Dec-20
X4 on Vortex

24-Dec-20
Though I know you mentioned 10x42s, I would vote for you to think about 8x42s (like some others suggested also). Not sure what type of terrain you are in, but I've used my 8x42 Leica's here in AZ and back in MO timber when I head back for deer and turkey. 8x42s will be brighter, and in thicker timber 10x may be too much magnification.

All of the brands the guys posted would do in your price range. Unless you're living out west and glassing for hours on end for a coues deer a mile away, budget-friendly brand binos are just fine.

24-Dec-20
Interested in the maven 10+42. Anyone own these vs swaro?

• Sitka Gear