sticksender 22-Dec-20
sticksender 22-Dec-20
x-man 23-Dec-20
rooster 23-Dec-20
GhostBird 23-Dec-20
greenmountain 23-Dec-20
LKH 23-Dec-20
22-Dec-20
What do i use to remove old paint from old bow ?

22-Dec-20
Goo gone

22-Dec-20
It'll be difficult to get the paint off without removing the underlying original paint or varnish. But you might be able to painstakingly dry-scrape it....just depends on how firmly attached is the paint. But if you're not worried about ending up with a refinished bow, then you can simply use chemical paint remover and then plan on refinishing the bow. If it has laminations, I wouldn't leave stripper on those areas for long.

22-Dec-20
duplicate

23-Dec-20
Aftermarket paint may come off with one of the citrus based paint strippers at Ace Hardware. Try a small out of the way area first.

23-Dec-20
I stripped paint off of my Bear Kodiak Magnum that had been on there for 30 plus years. I mostly just "dry" scraped it as sticksender mentions above. I didn't use any chemical stripper or paint remover. It turned out well.

23-Dec-20
Acetone sparingly.

23-Dec-20
If we are talking a wooden bow I would sand the old finish off. Are you thinking of a clear coat or are you thinking of a new paint color? I like the results when using tung oil on my muzzle loaders . I suspect it would work well on wooden bows.

23-Dec-20
You should go to the Leatherwall. There is a bunch of experience with this subject there.

• Sitka Gear