badlander 06-Jan-21
Hancock West 06-Jan-21
Bowman 08-Jan-21
DanaC 08-Jan-21
lewis 08-Jan-21
Zbone 11-Jan-21
Zbone 01-Feb-21
25-Dec-20
Watch the latest video on Catman’s channel on YouTube. It was a Fenix rechargeable. I was shocked at the brightness and it wasn’t a big light. I’ve got a Fenix headlight and love it.

25-Dec-20
The sun but does not work I night. Other than that it is exactly what you are asking for.

25-Dec-20

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo

25-Dec-20

BowSniper's embedded Photo
BowSniper's embedded Photo
I just got this 1000 lumen light from Walmart. Used it once already and VERY pleased! Charges with USB cable anywhere so very handy.

25-Dec-20
I like the soft light of my Colman lantern, but I also carry a Guidesman 3500 lumens flashlight for tacking. 12 double AA batteries, but it works great and is really bright. Three settings, 200/1500/3500 lumens.

25-Dec-20
I have a battery powered maxmillion 2 million candle powere light with a couple back up batteries. The thing will set the woods on fire.

25-Dec-20

skipmaster1's embedded Photo

25-Dec-20

25-Dec-20
IMO you can't beat a Coleman lantern for tracking. Percy

25-Dec-20
What Kodiak said.... x2

25-Dec-20
Zebra headlamps

25-Dec-20
Got a budget in mind? Remember, using the highest setting on a light really cuts into run time. I'd look for something that has plenty of battery power and plenty of light at the 'medium' setting. If price was no object I'd buy one of these -

https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-tk75-led-flashlight-2018-edition-5100-lumens/

25-Dec-20
I use various lights, but still prefer my double mantel Coleman lantern.

26-Dec-20
I keep a Defiant 1200 Lumen from Home Depot in my truck for tracking. The price is right and it is basically indestructible. It is by far the brightest light I have ever owned. I like it so much that I bought one for every hunter in my family.

26-Dec-20
Coon hunting light only thing to use

26-Dec-20
Check out streamlight. I carry a small on in my pack, have a headlamp and have a big rechargeable in my truck with extra battery incase I need the bigger light! Super bright LEDs

26-Dec-20

JW's embedded Photo
JW's embedded Photo
Just got one of these for work. Liked it so much I bought another just for nighttime tracking. Put a HD 12.0 battery in it and it’ll run for hours. Changes settings from spot to flood and it’ll make it look like daytime in the middle of the night.

26-Dec-20
Fenix headlamps and lights are incredibly bright.

26-Dec-20
Kodiak x 3

26-Dec-20
Kodiak x 4

26-Dec-20
X2 huntiam have a couple of sunburst bump hats absolutely lights up the night.

26-Dec-20
I keep a Defiant 1200 Lumen from Home Depot in my truck for tracking. The price is right and it is basically indestructible. It is by far the brightest light I have ever owned. I like it so much that I bought one for every hunter in my family.

26-Dec-20
Nothing beats an old fashioned coleman white gas lantern. Get one of the handles that allows you to hold the light and reflect all the light forward. Do't ask me where to get it.

27-Dec-20
Sniper Hawg Lights makes a great one. https://sniperhoglights.com/40kap-headlamp/

27-Dec-20
Shiloh, could you post a link to the video you are referring to?

28-Dec-20
I use a Rayovac hand held spotlight I bought at Walmart. I have two of them, they work great and are very, very tough. I've had mine for 5 years or so. I can't remember the price but I do know they were very reasonable and well worth the cost. BC

28-Dec-20
https://youtu.be/MBPjjv3EKIE

Here you go Shorty. It’s a quick review, but gives an idea of beam size and brightness.

28-Dec-20

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

JL's Link
FWIW...I have two of the CREE LED lights I use for night ops/tracking. I think mine are 27,000 lumens and will light up the sky. They are small and will easily fit in your pocket or pack. They take 4 rechargeable batteries and will last quite a while. Mine have 3 brightness settings. You can get them up to 50,000 lumens ($37) if you want to blind the critters. They are supposed to be waterproof too. They're not too expensive IMO. You have to buy the batteries and charger separate unless you can find a package deal.

29-Dec-20
One of the most important things I carry when tracking at night is a pack of cat eyes. The light has already been covered. I use the cat eyes to mark the blood trail. One on each side of a tree so when you find your deer you can go for help or what ever. Also when you get off the blood trail you can easily find the last spot you found blood without getting turned around. A few years ago I shot a really nice buck with a 44 mag handgun. It was just before dark. It went into some of the thickest brush you can imagine. There were a bunch of pine trees that had blown down. I called the guys next door for help dragging. They could easily follow the cat eyes to the deer and it helped getting out. Had to craw on hands and knees in some places.

04-Jan-21
Cool thread, thanks for sharing... Let us know please how the one posted by JL works... Thanks again everybody...

04-Jan-21
Fenix tk22 or the HT18 are both good truck lights

04-Jan-21
From one colorblind BH to another, I am always looking for the best light. I bought a couple of Primos Bloodhunter headlamps. Unfortunately I sucked this year so unless I drag a butchered chicken through the woods, I won't know how it works. (And the current snow on the ground is my equalizer)

06-Jan-21
Energizer makes a $30 - 1300 lumen AA flashlight - its handheld, doesn't need to be recharged and is bright white light.

06-Jan-21
Core Equipment lanterns are bright white. I hwve 3 of the 500w & they do a nice job for $30-35each

08-Jan-21

Bowman's Link
Did you know Tetrisgame? If not, let's experience it with me

08-Jan-21
Shuteye, great tip on the cat eyes. Watched a friend on a faint blood trail this fall, he used pink surveyors flagging tape every bit of sign. Recovered a nice 8 point that stopped bleeding because he had a good line to keep on.

08-Jan-21
I never hunt without reflective flagging tape start at first blood ?? and mark the trail through hopefully to your kill. I have some friends that use toilet paper but with the pandemic it could be hard to find lol Good luck Lewis

11-Jan-21
Thanks for the tip folks, just picked up a Defiant 1200 Lumen from Home Depot... Good light for the price... Think I'll go back and get a couple more for each vehicle...

01-Feb-21
Wanted to thank Barron114 for the tip on the Defiant 1200 Lumen from Home Depot for 20 bucks... Best light for the money ever spent... Went back and bought another...

Have a old school three D-cell Maglight it blows away... I bought the Maglight when they first came out and think I paid around a hundred bucks for it many moons ago...

• Sitka Gear