bentstick54 04-Aug-21
Grey Ghost 04-Aug-21
JL 04-Aug-21
Buglmin 04-Aug-21
Paul@thefort 04-Aug-21
BowHiker 05-Aug-21
smarba 10-Aug-21
26-Dec-20
Wife bought me a half dozen easton axis for xmas. They came prefletched with 2 inch blazers. My question is can i put arrow wrap just in front of vanes? Or should i rip the brand new vanes off and start from scratch?

26-Dec-20
Won't hurt a thing, some will say it will effect your accuracy bla bla bla. You'll never notice a difference.

26-Dec-20
What is your goal with adding wraps? The answer to that will help answer the question. I thought wraps were just to have something for fletchings to attach to, or add a little higher vis color. But to me, u dont want to add weight to the knock end unless u are doing it for a very specific and highly beneficial reason

26-Dec-20
You can wrap in front of the vanes that are in place. Wraps really add a very minuscule amount of weight, and in my view they are a nice addition to help find arrows, if you use bright colors. I’ve wrapped all my arrows and those of friends that I make for years. I usually use flo orange or white.

26-Dec-20
I use reflective wraps to help find arrows. They are heavy and don’t stick as well as normal wraps so I put a small wrap in front and behind my fletching which I like to fletch directly to the shaft for better adhesion. Works great. If they start to peel I put a tiny dab of super glue.

My main issue with pre-fletch arrows is that they’re usually straight fletch. I want either a helical or offset.

26-Dec-20
Thanks guys, the purpose of the wrap for me is visibility. Helps me see the arrow in flight a bit better and easier to find when i miss. The straight fletching does kind of throw a bit of a wrench in the plan. Im currently running right helical feathers on my existing axis arrows. I do like the helical and feathers, i think ill shoot the new arrows with blazers and see how they fly and go from there. If the flight isnt what im used to ill rip the blazers off and start from bare shaft. Thanks for the input

26-Dec-20
I don’t think the wraps help much visibility wise for arrows in flight. Laying in the grass, or leaves, bright wraps help a lot. I think bright (white) fletch helps a lot for in flight visibility. Good luck.

26-Dec-20
I often use my pre-fletched arrows for practice and league. They are a little less forgiving then my hunting arrows with a strong helical. This may help balance the lack of forgiveness when a broadhead is added to the mix.

26-Dec-20
Why not strip them, wrap and fletch helical. Makes for a good winter project.

I stopped wrapping when I went to white 4 fletch. Pretty easy to see.

27-Dec-20
I have done it before, no issues at all.

27-Dec-20

Buckskin21's Link
Arrowrap.com has wraps for already fletched arrows. I've never used them but i have bought wraps from that site and they're great.

27-Dec-20
I order my arrow wraps from Onestringer. I buy the reflective white wraps. They saved me several lost arrows. I wrap then 7" from the insert. I purchase the 7" wraps. Just make sure you clean the arrow shafts with alcohol or acetone. I have never had any problems with them sticking.

27-Dec-20

shorty's Link
Yes they do. I would recommend giving them a call.

27-Dec-20
I use Onestringer too. I use the reflective wraps in case I have to look for an arrow at night. I use to put the vanes on over the wrap. Nowadays, I put them on the bare shaft behind the wrap. It cut down on my wrap usage.

27-Dec-20
The nice thing about the 7" wraps is when you recover you arrow it shows what the blood looks like.

28-Dec-20
I like them for all the reasons listed. Mainly I think vanes stick to them better, I don't damage the shaft when I remove vanes, and I just think they look cool.

30-Jul-21
Update. Ended up cutting off blazers and adding wrap and staggered, slight right helical,with feathers. Flying like darts. Fyi the fletching is was way easier for glue to set on bare shaft vs the wrap, that was kind of irritating. This is my first time ever using wraps.

30-Jul-21
Well that was dumb, wont allow me to post pics....

30-Jul-21

BowHiker's embedded Photo
BowHiker's embedded Photo

30-Jul-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
no flight issues with rap ahead of fletching or vanes.

30-Jul-21
Bowhiker, I’ve ever heard of staggered fletching. Interesting. What’s the benefit of it? Thanks for posting pics of it.

30-Jul-21

Novembermadman 's embedded Photo
Novembermadman 's embedded Photo
They make some cool looking wraps nowadays. I can't imagine it affecting your flight too much by putting them on in front of the blazers.

04-Aug-21
If you can see them in flight you might have some major issues.

04-Aug-21
Pop-r x2

04-Aug-21
I'd also like to know what the staggered fletching is all about I've never seen that.

Matt

04-Aug-21
I've seen the staggered fletching topic here before. I don't remember the consensus of the posters.

04-Aug-21
Staggered vanes or feathers help arrow flight on windy days. It cuts the wind better. But if you're not shooting in high winds, you don't really see much difference. Vanes or feathers are set 1/2" down from the next one.

04-Aug-21
info from another archery website. Question I noticed in your last video that your arrows have staggered fletching!?!? I have seen this only one other time before, but didn’t ask about it. What is its purpose and how does it affect your arrow flight? Tim

Tim,

You are very observant! The staggered fletch pattern was designed to provide a bit more accuracy at longer distances. I frequently practice shooting at 60 yards and can’t tell any difference between my group size when shooting staggered fletch compared to regular fletch. My practice partners claim the staggered fletch is a bit louder while in flight. I have noticed the staggered fletch drifts more when shot in a crosswind than arrows with normal fletch — about 5? more at 60 yards with my setup. I will return to using a normal fletch pattern next year.

Growing Deer together,

Grant

05-Aug-21
Its a personal thing, my grandpa gave me a dozen axis fletched as staggered for graduation present. They always flew so well ive kept with it. If it aint broke dont fix it kinda deal. These arrows i just wrapped and fletched are flying amazing. Shooting stinger buzzcuts at 50 yards dead on with fieldpoints. Im gonna have meat in the freezer this year if i do my part.

10-Aug-21
Rocket fins aren't staggered, missile fins aren't staggered, airplane wings/tails aren't staggered...not saying it can't work, but I'll stick with as symmetrical as I can possibly fletch my own arrow.

• Sitka Gear