Glunt@work 27-Dec-20
ryanrc 27-Dec-20
Shiloh 28-Dec-20
PECO 28-Dec-20
Jaquomo 28-Dec-20
Shiloh 28-Dec-20
squirrel 29-Dec-20
27-Dec-20
Guys, I’m at Keystone for the week and I wanna buy a good pair of hikers while I’m out here and can try them on. Where’s the best place to go? Is it worth the drive to the Loveland Scheels or is there something closer??

27-Dec-20
Wilderness Sports if they are still there in Dillon. If you do go to Denver, there is Sportsman's Warehouse, REI (3 of them) etc. There are plenty of outdoors stores in Dillon, Silverthorne, and Frisco but you will pay top dollar. Storm coming in tonight though, so a trip to Denver may suck.

27-Dec-20
Thanks PECO!

27-Dec-20
I would not pay the “rack rate” they will charge in Summit County!

Since Bass Pro has bought Sportsman’s, they may have some decent sales. Have not bought boots from Sportsman’s nor ever even looked at boots there but they probably have good brands.

Scheels still has Kenetreck boots on a great sale and worth looking in to. They also carry several other great top end boot brands. I would go there if you have the time.

With boots, you get what you pay for. Just make sure they are the right fit!

27-Dec-20
That’s why I wanna do it while I’m here Treeline. We just don’t have any good places to try on high end hikers in MS. I might make the drive to Scheels. I have never been there so it would be a first!

27-Dec-20
Scheels has a great store and worth visiting! Bass Pro has a great store but not as happy with their selection for top end.

27-Dec-20
There is an REI in Dillon (not a fan of them but they have stuff hunters can use) and a couple other independent shops along with Wilderness Sports. As stated prices are usually higher up there.

27-Dec-20
I second the advice on Scheels. Have been there a few times now since they opened and really like the place. Great selection.

27-Dec-20
Go to scheels. Hunter friendly, and you'll enjoy the store too.

27-Dec-20
Think I’ll go to Scheels if it doesn’t take too long

27-Dec-20
Plan on spending some time there... Lots of good stuff to peruse!

27-Dec-20
Keep in mind that Scheels tax (PIF) is 2.5% higher. Not a huge deal and I shop there all the time but it starts to matter on big ticket items.

27-Dec-20
Also go to Culvers after. Get some xheese curds, a burger and a concrete mixer or shake. Oreo is the best. You can thank me later.

28-Dec-20
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like my kinda meal Ryan!!

28-Dec-20
Oh yeah, I forgot Dillon now has an REI. You can try on boots, find what you love, and maybe order for the cheap somewhere else? You can also join REI for free and probably get 20% off.

28-Dec-20
If you're going to Scheels also go across the road to Sportsmans Warehouse. I've purchased a couple higher-end pairs there on sale at good deals. Scheels has a much better selection and if you sign up for Scheels card you will get 10% off your initial purchase. I saved a bunch on my last pair of Crispis.

You'll be driving past Cabelas on your way, so might be worth a stop there too. Or might not be worth it...

28-Dec-20
Thanks guys! I’m gonna have to try Scheels. Sounds like a neat place!! We have a Pro Bass Jaq, so I’ll probably pass on Cabelas

29-Dec-20
Unless you are taking a dogsled you may want to stop in Murdochs of silverthorne first. They have a smattering and them roads are VERY white today.

• Sitka Gear