Steve H. 29-Dec-20
HUNT MAN 29-Dec-20
HUNT MAN 29-Dec-20
Jasper 29-Dec-20
greg simon 30-Dec-20
krieger 30-Dec-20
Jaquomo 30-Dec-20
29-Dec-20
Likely planning on renting a cabin in NW Nebraska to take advantage of their 3 week archery season this spring. Also planning on possibly hunting WY and SD on same trip. What kind of weather is likely in that area early to mid April and what effect will it have on the birds? Thanks! John

29-Dec-20
Could be in the 80s every day, could snow 14" of heavy, wet cement that basically shuts everything down for a few days. Might be 70 mph + sustained wind for several days that blows trees over. I've experienced all three in NW Nebraska during turkey season.

29-Dec-20
Good news is if you are there when the weather breaks, the toms seem like they are making up for lost time.

29-Dec-20
It can be the nicest weather imaginable. It can also be the most miserable weather imaginable. Plan for those two and everything in between. The good news about our weather is that is you wait an hour it usually changes...except for the wind. The wind always blows.

29-Dec-20
Likely planning on renting a cabin in NW Nebraska to take advantage of their 3 week archery season this spring. Also planning on possibly hunting WY and SD on same trip. What kind of weather is likely in that area early to mid April and what effect will it have on the birds? Thanks! John

29-Dec-20
Thanks guys! The good part about being retired is that I can check the forecast and go whenever and wait it out when it turns to crap.....

29-Dec-20
From 80 degrees to 15 degrees and snowing sideways. Have hunted spring turkeys in southern South Dakota in these conditions.

29-Dec-20
I would keep your eye on the forecast and roll out there when it looks like a good stretch.

29-Dec-20

Steve H.'s embedded Photo
Steve H.'s embedded Photo
Late March and early April were really nice in my area of NE Wyoming last year. Expect cold mornings. Had some snow in mid-April.

29-Dec-20

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
50/50 chance. Could be this.

29-Dec-20

Or this a day later.

29-Dec-20
Midwest, that’s my plan. Ole HUNT can kill em whatever the weather!

30-Dec-20
Like you said above. Go out there, get a cabin, hunt the nice days, rest up/hang out on the rough weather days. Don’t be like us working stiffs trying to turkey hunt in single digit temps with below zero wind chill and blowing snow!!! Because I have to be at work Monday morning. Enjoy your hard earned retirement!!! Good luck.

30-Dec-20
Get one of the climate experts on here to give you a forecast. If they know what's going to happen 30 years into the future, next April should be easy peasy, lemon squeezey.

30-Dec-20
Krieger, I can guarantee there will be "climate change" throughout April, everywhere, unless we all stop burning fossil fuels RIGHT NOW!

• Sitka Gear