PECO 02-Jan-21
Bowman 03-Jan-21
Tonybear61 03-Jan-21
BOWNUT 05-Jan-21
Woods Walker 05-Jan-21
beemann 05-Jan-21
beemann 05-Jan-21
29-Dec-20
Have used a Primos Max ground blind but it is pretty much "end of tour". Worked well for my recurve. Any suggestions/recommendations for ground blind for trad guy?

29-Dec-20
I got a Hidden Hunter because I knew I could shoot my longbow out of it. I also like the roof design because it handles snow a lot better than a pop out panel. I had too many poles break in my blinds with the pop out panels. None of those issues with a Hidden Hunter.

01-Jan-21
I have two Barronett Big Mike Ground Hunting Blind that I like for my traditional bow at 80” tall and 59”x59” footprint.

I don’t feel cramped like a lot of other blinds.

01-Jan-21
X2 what Hunt98 said. I have the same blind and is great for recurve and longbow.

01-Jan-21
take a look at the barronett big cat.

02-Jan-21
Ghost blind.

02-Jan-21
I have now tried 4 different blinds and far from happy. I am not going to give names and models but they are all from currently popular midpriced choices. What I do want to mention is the issues that I have had. First off the materials tend to be marginal and do not hold up well, so consider the material but also how, where, and how long they are going to be up. MY biggest initial complaint was inadequate size for my 62 " longbows so I got a bigger blind and a shorter bow but one does have to think about vertical dimension as well as horizontal dimension. The last issue is the windows. They come in different shapes, dimensions, placement position (height from the ground to bottom edge) and how they can be opened and closed -full vs partial, zippers vs elastic loops and toggles. I am still looking for one that I think gets it right. I am pretty unhappy but resigned to what I have bought to date. Just things to think about

02-Jan-21

02-Jan-21
I agree with scndwfstlhntng. Blinds are not tall enough, windows not low enough. I had a hard time with a compound bow in my good sized portable. I just use/make a natural blind.

03-Jan-21
I have the recurve version of the double bull matrix before they sold out to primos. Love it. Most important part is the window can be adjusted for height and how much you want it open. My 62" bow is no problem in it. Dont know if primos makes a tall version of it or not. But the adjustable windows are a must

03-Jan-21
One more vote for natural blind if you can make one..

05-Jan-21
TTT

05-Jan-21
Try a ghillie suit. Then YOU are the "blind". Less stuff to carry and you have the freedom of mobility to change with conditions. On the place I hunt I have a series of deadfall trees prepped so I can move to them as need be. With a ghillie you really don't need a blind in front of you. If you have background of some sort that's more than enough.

05-Jan-21
I spend more time in a ground than I care to. But at times it's the only option. I prefer a 62 inch widow most of the time. However I have a 58" widow that I bought specifically for blind hunting. Going to a shorter bow helps a lot. The best blind for me is a redneck bale blind. If you can get it setup in advance it's the best bet. Roomy and solid. In a pop up I have a primos that looks like an A frame tent. Called a shack attack. I like the way it sets up for a traditional bow. No matter what type of pop up you get durability is going to be the main issue. I view them as disposable. Good luck.

05-Jan-21

beemann's embedded Photo
beemann's embedded Photo
hope this works

• Sitka Gear