Bowbender 01-Jan-21
rooster 01-Jan-21
SaddleReaper 01-Jan-21
Bowbender 01-Jan-21
SaddleReaper 01-Jan-21
GDx 01-Jan-21
29-Dec-20

Michael's Link
Well Dan finally has a stand available to the public. I am hearing if you order now it ships this summer. Definitely not the cheapest stand out there.

Not sure I will be buying one. I have a lone wolf alpha. The one thing I do like is with beast sticks attached to the stand it creates a load shelf for a pack to rest on.

29-Dec-20
$625 wow I think I will have to pass

29-Dec-20
So a lone wolf stand stripped down for three times the price. No thanks.

29-Dec-20
So with pad and straps it weighs almost 8#.

Don’t see what’s so great about it and for $625 plus shipping. I’ll pass too.

29-Dec-20
While the cost is out of my price range, I found the YouTube video Dan put out to be very informative. And here is something else to consider, if a guy is a true diehard mobile hunter, he'll never need to buy another stand again. Also consider how much $$$ we all spend in a bow and some of us do that every year, but we'll bulk at the 1 time cost for a stand. Just a little perspective fellas.

30-Dec-20
I wish him luck.

30-Dec-20
Hope whoever buys one enjoys it. Best of luck to them.

30-Dec-20
“a little perspective” that line of justification works for the daddy big bucks of the forest.

30-Dec-20
$100 says they will be on backorder before they ever start shipping.

30-Dec-20
Yep. Best of luck.

What is it with diehard mobile hunters? Its a terminology that is being used as like a badge of honor. It’s deer hunting guys. Not special forces training.

This guy can kill deer. Welcome to America. Anybody can kill deer. I wish him the best of luck. But, gheez, $625 plus shipping is going to require more then luck.

30-Dec-20
It's not a typo, it's 625 so 650 shipped!! Ouch! Shawn

30-Dec-20
The photos look like a Real Tree camo ad. Need to get the stand on a plain background so we can better see what a $600. stand looks like.

30-Dec-20
Its a machined stand, not cast. The work that goes into just one stand is alot. Thats why it's so much and its obviously not for everyone but he will sell out on his first batch of stands quick.

30-Dec-20
3 XOP stands vs 1 beast stand...I just can’t figure it out

30-Dec-20
A public land hunter only needs one stand.

Rooster, I definitely agree with you there. Pictures with snow in the background would have made it nicer for seeing detail. Or something better then what is shown. Its been a long anticipated wait for alot of people.

30-Dec-20
“A public land hunter only needs one stand.”

Yeah. No way I’m leaving a $600 stand strapped to a tree on public land for five minutes with me not in it or next to it.

30-Dec-20
You got that right! Hahah

Plus most public you have to remove stands down after every hunt.

30-Dec-20
He has a website with fanboys, it will sell out! He just took all their stimulus checks! Other options within 1.5 lbs for 1/3 the price. I like a light stand but the carrying system is more important than 24 ounces.

30-Dec-20
I probably wont get one since I have a saddle I really like. That being said I have no problem spending money on a good mobile setup. Far more important to me than these bows that go for over $1000

31-Dec-20

Dirtman's embedded Photo
Dirtman's embedded Photo
Nah... still says $625 when I add it to the cart

31-Dec-20
Take a look at how well LWCG has done and how Dan’s beast sticks sold.....this stand will be a hot item for many.

31-Dec-20
A good "mobile setup". Is that the new catch phrase? A hang-on and sticks by their nature is mobile. My Loc-On Black Lightning and 4 Lone Wolf sticks comes in at ~14lbs. I could replace the stand with an XOP Vanish or LW Alpha and still come in around 16-18 lbs. Now if that few extra pounds is gonna keep you from making your one mile trek, I would venture a guess that the money you drop on "Beast Gear" would be better spent on a new treadmill or gym membership. 'Course that doesn't roll off the tongue near as sweet as saying "Yeah guys, I'm running the new Beast Gear mobile set up this year."

I swear, sometimes hunters are the easiest marks.

31-Dec-20
Sorry guys, my internet is having issues this morning.

31-Dec-20
Its definitely 625.00! Also, the damn sticks are 95.00 each! So, you will need 1100.00 to get 20' up a tree! ONE TREE! Also, no possible way its as comfy as Millennium M100U. If you can sit very long, what good is it? I can sit for hours in the M100U. With LW or Hawk Helium sticks , it only adds a few lbs too.

31-Dec-20
I bet his profit margin is much lower than on lone wolfs.

I’m not buying one but I don’t think he’s taking advantage of people as stated, if he was trying to do that he’d be selling cheap junk.

01-Jan-21
There's no way a typo is made on (possibly) the most important aspect of the product from the manufacturer....

Me thinks someone is trying to catch up on retirement funding!

01-Jan-21
Curious though. This guy is a CNC machinist that works with engineers to develope cost effective solutions. Well, CNC machining a treesand out of a plate of 6061 aluminum ain't one of them.

01-Jan-21
Bowbender, I thought the same thing. My guess would be either water jet or laser cut. But regardless, a lot of waste material.

01-Jan-21
Dan is a CNC machinist??

Totally agree... hogging out that much material will cost dearly in machine time, tooling, and scrap loss.

I just googled images of it and in one image you can clearly see water jet striations on the seat cutouts. Can't tell with the platform. That would also explain the tight radii in corners. I'd have a hard time fathoming they are reaching down into each corner with a dinky 1/4 or 3/8...

01-Jan-21
Water jet or not....that's a ton of scrap. And if you look you can see the "cross webbiing" is at a lower profile than the main outer perimeter. So there has to be some clean up via machining. And where it meets with other sections its radiused on all sides, they are profiling it...if it is machined.

01-Jan-21
Good observation. Def some post machining if not entirely.

I wonder if since he's selling consumer direct (i think?) he's sacrificing what would be distributor/ retailer margin. That thing can't be cheap to mfg.

01-Jan-21
i'll bet that leaves quite a buttPrint

• Sitka Gear