oilcan 11-Jan-21
Mbako 17-Jan-21
Mbako 17-Jan-21
Mbako 17-Jan-21
Mbako 17-Jan-21
flyingbrass 22-Jan-21
SteveB 31-Jan-21
02-Jan-21
My sons want to do an elk bow hunt in Wyoming in 2022. They each now have 2 points and can get another in 2021. A friend of mine has suggested Castagno Outfitters in the Teton Wilderness. He has had very good luck with them. Do you know anything about them or have other outfitter suggestions they should contact? At this point they’re open minded price wise, would prefer horseback wilderness but may have to go a cheaper route. Thanks for your help! God bless! John

02-Jan-21
Chad Madsen Yellowstone Outfitters 307-248-3638

02-Jan-21
Thanks Joe!

02-Jan-21
I think they are booked thru at least 2026.

03-Jan-21
If Chad says he’s booked tell him you’re a friend of mine and to see if there’s any way at all to make a soot for you. If it doesn’t work out post on here again. I have 2 others in mind.

03-Jan-21
Will do Joe! Thanks!

03-Jan-21
I got moved up 2 years. they bumped guys that had deposits for 2 years prior just by mentioning I knew Mule Power.

Good luck.

04-Jan-21
There you go Quinn! Chad is a super nice guy. One phone conversation and you’ll want to hunt with his people.

04-Jan-21
Quinn, hopefully those guys that got bumped are not on Bowsite. :^)

04-Jan-21
What happened to the " bumped" hunters?

04-Jan-21
If what Quinn says is true, I wouldn't want to do business with a super nice guy who will bump guys who have had deposits down for two years and let someone in ahead of them. I hope that was said in jest.

04-Jan-21
Quinn, Got moved up two years earlier , WOW . That should make a guy waiting, who knows how long ,and now your two years ahead of him on a hunt . Wonder if the guys you jumped over know what happen ? If I had a deposit on a hunt and herd a outfitter was doing that , I would never do business with that outfitter again . Thats pretty shady !

04-Jan-21

Stickit's Link
I've hunted with Swift Creek Outfitters three different times(2010, 2012, and 2019) and have had three spectacular hunts. I'm booked again for 2022.

The area they hunt is incredible. Basically the boundary area around Teton and Yellowstone as well as large areas of the Bridger Teton National Forest. They are also Teton Horseback Adventures in the summer. They own all of their own horses which is a very big deal for a hunt like this. A quality horse makes all the difference in the world.

04-Jan-21
A honest and fair outfitter would never jump guys ahead of others guy . Whats the name of this Outfitter so I dont do any hunts with them ? I also find it funny that someone would post they are moving up on a hunt and be proud of that .

04-Jan-21
If they truly did the above, they are total losers.

04-Jan-21
They don’t “bump” hunters. You guys are rough. There are hunters who bumped their own hunts for various reasons due to Covid. And lots of times there’s room in a camp for one more. If ever there was a time to find a spot with a good outfitter who is usually booked solid it’s now.

04-Jan-21
Quinn should "adjust" his post.

04-Jan-21
Bugling Winds outfitters.

04-Jan-21
His post didn't sound like that

09-Jan-21
Does anyone have any experience with lost creek outfitters ?

10-Jan-21
Tongue in cheek boys. :)

Adjust my post accordingly.

10-Jan-21
In my opinion selecting an outfitter comes down to 2 key things

1. Outfitter has to have low pressure access to plenty of animals you desire to kill

2. You need to get a good guide.

Be careful, new hunters typically get new guides in camps that have a large amount of repeat customers

11-Jan-21
oilcan, I hunted with lost creek outfitters twice. The first time for Mountain Goats when Griz Turner owned it. Great outfit then. Then it was sold to Jimmy Owens. I had a deposit in for a sheep hunt and drew. It did not go well for me and after 10 not so fun days I ended up hiring Shoshone Outfitters and had a great hunt. What are you considering hunting?

11-Jan-21
Goyt sent you a pm

17-Jan-21
Swift creek outfitters ! They are fantastic!

17-Jan-21
Stickit you are spot on man!!! I hunt in 2009 and going back in 2024!

17-Jan-21

Mbako's embedded Photo
Swift creek outfitters
Mbako's embedded Photo
Swift creek outfitters

17-Jan-21
Swift creek outfitters

22-Jan-21
I recommend Castagno!. I hunted with all 3 Castagno Brothers in 2010. I was very impressed with their operation. They got 14 elk with 16 hunters. The 2 hunters that didn't get an elk went home early sick. I shot a 277" bull on the last day.

I have 2 things I look at when researching outfitters. 1. Show me a pic of their meat pole. I asked this and they explained that they hired a horse wrangler to help if they were busy and one full time man to run meat back and forth from the wilderness. So basically they were confident enough that they hired a full time meat runner and had a back up helper. This more that satisfies my "send me a pic of the meat pole and skinning station"! 2. Is anyone in their family a part of the business. They pass this test easily.

The food was real good also. One brother was the cook. In the interest of full disclosure we rifle hunted but still had a good time.

31-Jan-21
Flying brass: two guys home sick.....altitude?

• Sitka Gear