Yooper-traveler 06-Jan-21
skipmaster1 07-Jan-21
altitude sick 07-Jan-21
Will 07-Jan-21
hawkeye in PA 07-Jan-21
coelker 07-Jan-21
Franzen 09-Jan-21
04-Jan-21
So last year I grew a great beard but this last spring when I started shooting a lot, it jacked with my shooting.

I felt like my anchor point was floating and my groups were larger etc. needless to say the quick easy fix was shave it off. I am several months into my new beard and don’t want to shave it off this spring.

Any pointers on how to approach? What can I do to feel my anchor point etc.

04-Jan-21
Are you growing a beard or a hedge row? lol

04-Jan-21

trophyhill 's Link
The answer to your issue right here ;)

04-Jan-21
There’s an obvious answer. Get a friend. Mark the anchor point. Just shave where the anchor point needs to be. then you have a beard and a anchor point haha

04-Jan-21
I have not shaved since 1989, never heard of a beard causing a problem like you are having.

04-Jan-21
Check out he old school camo post. It didn’t seem to bother his shooting.

04-Jan-21
I grow a big ol beard every winter. More concerned with the grays that are overtaking it but I suppose that's another type of problem. No negatives on my shooting as far as I can tell. Still anchor with my middle finger in the corner of my mouth. I shoot finger tab, 3 under.

04-Jan-21
Just woundering has anyone got there hair in the bow string. OUTCH

04-Jan-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
never a problem

05-Jan-21
Ditch the beard. Hair holds scent

05-Jan-21
When I have facial hair it definitely makes finding my anchor point tougher.

05-Jan-21
See the MANSCAPING thread! ;-)

05-Jan-21

White Falcon's embedded Photo
White Falcon's embedded Photo
No issues, and longer now.

05-Jan-21
Keep it short and trim, 1/4", no problem

05-Jan-21

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo

05-Jan-21
Never an issue... even when my beard is “rich”.

05-Jan-21
I like a beard during the season to hide my face a bit, as I dont care for face masks, ( fogs up glasses and gets in the way of the Copenhagen..lol) and it does help keep you slightly warmer, yes they do hold odor but so does the rest of you. I've never had it affect my shooting, anchor , or accuracy

05-Jan-21
I’m in agreement with buckeye...beard keeps me warm and face mast limits the Copenhagen and grizzly wintergreen from accompanying me on the hunt to the fullest extent haha

05-Jan-21
I will give it time and see. Last spring I just could not find a good anchor. I will try trimming it better this year and see what I can find. As for the Manscaping I was one of the original man scapers....

06-Jan-21

Yooper-traveler's embedded Photo
Yooper-traveler's embedded Photo
Never an issue. Keep it shaved if it bugs you, or get a longbow....

07-Jan-21

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
skipmaster1's embedded Photo
I’ve shot with beards big abs small abs never had a problem. As long as I can put the kisser to my lip and string to my nose and bury my hand into my anchor, I’m good.

07-Jan-21

altitude sick's embedded Photo
altitude sick's embedded Photo
If your right handed try this

07-Jan-21
I think MA-PA nailed it!

That said, see if you can find a system like perry's no peep (basically the little dots you line up like on an IQ sight). Love mine, wish they still made them, because putting a 20 year old part on a new bow seems silly some times. That said, I can shoot with zero difference in impact with a face mask, a gaiter, or bare faced. If those two dots are lined up, my anchor is on, and the arrow goes where the pin is - at least to the best of my ability. That may save you your beard, and shooting...

07-Jan-21
Back when I shot a compound I used a kisser and no peep. Left my beard handle bars grow long and the beard handle bars rolled up in the slotted kisser button. Seventy two pounds will rip the corner of your lip skin and hair out and cause a severe case of target panic.

07-Jan-21
I might try a kisser and see if that will help.

09-Jan-21
Even with what pansy beard I can grow, it seemsc to at least make finding anchor a little more difficult... something to get used to at least. Amazing what difference the facial hair makes with camouflaging one's face.

• Sitka Gear