TrapperKayak 06-Jan-21
Stick & String 06-Jan-21
05-Jan-21

Stick & String's embedded Photo
Non-typical
Non-typical

Stick & String's Link
My sons and I found these two "dead head" racks in southern Colorado while duck hunting within 200 yards of each other. Pretty nice bucks and I wonder what killed them, old age, blue tongue, etc. The area gets very little hunting pressure other than me and my sons. Also what do you think they would score?

05-Jan-21

Typical
Typical

05-Jan-21
Nice finds, congrats...

06-Jan-21

06-Jan-21
EHD is probably what killed them.

06-Jan-21
Agree, EHD most likely.

06-Jan-21
I think both deer are in the 140”s. I’ll guess 142 on the ten and 149” on the NT. The NT might break 150 but hard to say from the pics.

06-Jan-21
Did you guys get any ducks?

06-Jan-21
If they are in water, either Blue Tongue/EHD or gut shot are my guesses. No guess on rack scores.

06-Jan-21
That non-typical is cool. No idea on a score with that one as I cannot see the whole set... Ten point I'd guess upper 140s as well. EHD would be my first guess on COD.

Let's see some green-bean pics from the hunt! :)

06-Jan-21
Wilbur, we actually had a fantastic day duck and goose hunting. Three of us shot 9 ducks and 5 geese. The geese were really decoying well into the river bottom mid day. It was amazing. If you give me your phone number, I'll text you a photo.

I agree probably EHD but I haven't heard of the disease in my area.

06-Jan-21
Could just be old age killed them. Whatever happened, it was a really long time ago., Those have been there or upriver somewhere for years, esp the top one.

06-Jan-21

Stick & String's Link
wilbur, here is the waterfowl photo from the other day. I'm on the right with my black lab Shiloh. We've had a great year so far. Between my sons and I, we have shot 141 ducks and geese this year. Who says the waterfowl hunting in Colorado is bad? Wish my bowhunting was better this year.

• Sitka Gear