Steve H. 07-Jan-21
g5smoke21 07-Jan-21
hdaman 07-Jan-21
g5smoke21 11-Jan-21
bb 11-Jan-21
g5smoke21 11-Jan-21
Mathewsphone 14-Jan-21
06-Jan-21
Does anyone have any experience with Dean MacDonald at D.A.D.G outfitters in Newfoundland and can give some insight? My wife gave me a thumbs up on booking another hunt and wanting to go for moose. I know BSC books hunts with him. I would be looking to do a trophy camp moose hunt. Thanks Nick

06-Jan-21
Top notch. It's been a few years since I was there but every aspect of our hunt and accommodations was very good.

07-Jan-21
I was supposed to go with them last fall -2020- , now hoping I can go this year. I booked through BSC , their past clients have had excellent results and all the other research that I did looked good.

07-Jan-21
I hunted with them a few years ago. Great people. PM me for details.

07-Jan-21
Thanks for the replys guys. I have been very impressed with Dean's communication so far. I was actually set on booking with effords for there trophy camp hunt but honestly his communication has been terrible. I do like how Dean's hunts are Sunday to Sunday also instead of Friday to Friday since Sunday is a no hunt day in Newfoundland

07-Jan-21
Never heard of Friday to Friday on the island. That is insane. Have a no hunting day in the middle of the hunt

07-Jan-21
Bou...Thats's kind of what i thought. Effords sent me an info link for the hunts and it stated some hunts were sunday to sunday and some friday - friday. He confirmed the trophy camp hunts were friday - friday. He does his own flying so maybe he just has that many hunters to get in? I thought it was kind of strange to book a trophy moose camp hunt only to be flown in on a friday to maybe get a 1/2 day hunt in and then have a no hunt day shortly after instead of just flying in on the no hunt day.

07-Jan-21
I hunted with Dean way back in 1997, was Moose Valley Outfitters at that time.

07-Jan-21
Steve. That's a different Dean MacDonald. He still runs MVO. Must be a popular name up there

07-Jan-21
Correction. I hunted with Dean from MVO.

11-Jan-21
TTT

11-Jan-21
"Never heard of Friday to Friday on the island. That is insane. Have a no hunting day in the middle of the hunt"

After oct 6 you can hunt sundays

11-Jan-21
Brian the dates I would be looking at are Sept 29- oct 6. But with the friday to Friday would be Sept 27 - oct 4. This hunt is going to take place 2024 to line up with the rut and new moon phase. I'll be in Wyoming this year and New zealand next so just to give a break in between bigger hunts for me

14-Jan-21
I hunted woodland with him great guy and he is a bowhunter

• Sitka Gear