midwest 25-Jan-21
Will 25-Jan-21
08-Jan-21

Bill V - Iron Will 's embedded Photo
Iron Will wide150
Iron Will wide150

Bill V - Iron Will 's Link
We've had a lot of requests for this head through Bowsite messages, emails, and social media making it an easy decision for us.  Our first new broadhead announcement of 2021:  all Wide series heads 150 grains and heavier are now solid.  Our testers have reported them to be very strong and quiet with great penetration making big holes for quick kills and a lot of blood on the ground.  They are on our website now for pre-order.  Shipping in early February.  

08-Jan-21
Looks good Bill. Happy New year buddy. Keep up the good work.

08-Jan-21
Awesome, looking at adding those to my 2021 gear.

08-Jan-21
Looks great. I’m shooting the 125V, and seeing lots of positive results.

08-Jan-21
Man that's a huge wide fixed head. Great looking. Is it hard to get these to fly good? I mean do you have to have your bow tuned to the hilt/perfectly to get them to hit with field points?

08-Jan-21
Thanks guys. 12yards, is your name how far you shoot? If so, flight won't be a problem for you, haha. I've had a number of testers verify they shoot well for them at 50 yards and I think at least one review on YouTube will show groups at 70. You will want to have a tuned bow for any broadheads, but bigger heads are less forgiving of a poorly tuned bow, torqueing your grip, etc. While I can shoot our wide heads with decent groups at 100 yards in my back yard, I limit using them to shots under 60 yards on animals. This will depend on your setup, but a heavier arrow and enough fletch will help. A 400 grain arrow going 320 fps with small target vanes is not recommended for these. I use 3 high profile vanes like the Max Hunter at 2.5 degrees offset or helical with a 500ish grain arrow going 280 fps personally.

08-Jan-21
That is one beautiful broadhead. It reeks of havoc.

09-Jan-21
Several people have asked if blades are interchangeable. They are but the wide solid blade weighs 25 grains more than the current s125 blade and wide125 blade, so the wide125 would become a wide150 with the new wide solid blade.

09-Jan-21
Nice looking BH. Big holes are better than small holes........

10-Jan-21

Bill V - Iron Will 's Link
John Lusk just posted a review on YouTube. Link below. Thanks for testing John!

10-Jan-21
Bill, don’t you know those tests are worthless? Dripping with sarcasm...

That is a beautiful looking head. And it performed flawlessly in John’s test! Good job building a great head!

11-Jan-21
Awesome head

12-Jan-21
Bill V, no, 12 yards isn't my max range, but it is my preferred range. And I hunt primarily whitetails and I try to set up for shots under 20. Anyways, that is a great looking head for sure. Watched Lusk's video and came away even more impressed.

12-Jan-21

Thanks Ucsdryder and Ermine. Yeah, the cinder block test is questionable but glad to see it broke in two and the broadhead held up. Here is another photo of the head:

13-Jan-21
What is the length of the 175? I'm not seeing it on the website. What I'm really after is the length/ width ratio. I'm exploring new heads for a recurve bow.

13-Jan-21
Where the test Lusk came up with falls short, is in edge retention, IMO. I would like to see something more challenging and specific to normal use. Given his current criteria, which is better than nothing, It's amazing how many heads lose their edge with only 4 strokes of a carbon arrow. Makes you wonder what caked dirt/mud and hog hair does to an edge before it even penetrates the chest cavity of a boar...

The IW SB held up amazingly well, I will be ordering some. Love the looks of it, I haven't seen the new Wide Solids until now.

Great job on expanding the line-up!

13-Jan-21
Just saw the video on the single bevels yesterday. Those look amazing too.

13-Jan-21
Looks badass!

13-Jan-21
PECO, the main blade length is about 1.4 inches on all of the Wide series broadheads. Sharpness and edge retention are much more important for increasing penetration than having a high length to width ratio. Force to cut dominates this and I see very little difference in force with longer blades but a huge difference when edges are dulled. They also fly better when not so long.

21-Jan-21

Did I mention more blood? One I shot last weekend, very steep quartering away.

21-Jan-21
Wow carnage

25-Jan-21
These look perfect for use on Iowa whitetails, both from my trad setup and compound. Now just have to convince my better half LOL!

25-Jan-21
Will you be making a wide single-bevel?

25-Jan-21
The penetration into the ground after going through game must be unreal with that thing! (attempted sarcastic humor :))

Beautiful looking head that will undoubtedly perform great on critters. You guys definitely produce beautiful broadheads.

26-Jan-21
Midwest, no wide single-bevel is planned. At least not this year. The size of the blade effects the amount of rotation and all of the testing and optimization was done on the s125 size blade this year.

• Sitka Gear