zipper 08-Jan-21
zipper 08-Jan-21
KSflatlander 09-Jan-21
08-Jan-21

KSflatlander's embedded Photo
Finished product
Finished product
It’s that time of year. The long drought until spring turkey season. To keep occupied, I did some treestand maintenance and took some of my older half platform stands and made them full platform with flip up seats. I added a foot rest and painted them with bedliner from a rattle can.

I used some of older ladder stands that needed retired for spare parts. I used a wire brush on a drill to clean them before adding the bedliner. Fun project.

Anyone doing some deer stand maintenance?

08-Jan-21

Second stand complete
Second stand complete

08-Jan-21
We have another 3 weeks here in La. then I’ll be getting my lock-ons down to work on.

08-Jan-21
Good idea KS. Like that full platform and flip up seat.

08-Jan-21
Mine will be out ‘til mid March. We don’t have as much time between and spring turkey. :-)

08-Jan-21
Great job. Smart to inspect for any issues regarding safety. Trap door treestands that open up with you on it will ruin your day.

08-Jan-21
Great job. Smart to inspect for any issues regarding safety. Trap door treestands that open up with you on it will ruin your day.

09-Jan-21
I found a couple split ladders where water got in and froze then expanded. I plan to drill some small holes on the bottom ladder section to prevent water from building up inside the ladder. I over built the platform to prevent any trapdoor issues. You could put a car on them now. I fabricated my own ladder brace that’s string to prevent the ladder folding. Should be good to go.

• Sitka Gear