DanaC 12-Jan-21
Fields 12-Jan-21
eBike John 13-Jan-21
PECO 13-Jan-21
eBike John 13-Jan-21
Fields 13-Jan-21
Jaquomo 13-Jan-21
09-Jan-21
Quick question.... I got a Rambo bike for Christmas from the wife and kids. Rambo had a pre-Christmas special and with my bike I got a 32T High Mountain Conversion Kit on them.. Has anyone put this kit on their bike? How much did it effect speed? is there a noticeable difference in climbing hills? Any info is much appreciated. Greg

11-Jan-21
Hey Fields, It won't effect speed, it will just make it a little easier when pedaling up steep hills.

11-Jan-21
Thanks for the Info...

11-Jan-21
Is that a kit to lower the gears so it climbs better? That has to affect top end right?

11-Jan-21
Peco, yes that is what they say. I am looking for first hand experience before I put it on. I don't see how it cannot effect top end, but Ebike John says it won't effect it much.....

12-Jan-21
bleeping spammers are at it again

12-Jan-21
very touching story too... why waste the time writing it.....

13-Jan-21
I hae used one (not the Rambo kit) and at least I didn't notice and difference but I've just sent a message to Rambo to get their opinion.

13-Jan-21
I wouldn't worry about top end. I'd put it on for the benefit of climbing. I wouldn't care about loosing a little speed on the flats and your true top end will be going downhill anyhow. If you are using the bike for hunting you will be loaded up and not shredding either.

13-Jan-21
Update for you Fields.

"Depends on the gearing but yes the 32T high mountain kit does affect top speed, if you have a 22T rear sprocket and high mountain conversion kit expect about 13-15 MPH, but with a 26T rear sprocket its not as noticeable, you can reach 18 MPH"

Since the 750 watt motors max out at 20, 18mph is not that much.

13-Jan-21
Thank you for the information. I believe I will switch it out and see how it works. I don't have big mountains like some do, but anything I can gain in climbing is a help.

13-Jan-21
Fields, report back to us on how it works, ok?

• Sitka Gear