Wapitidung 13-Jan-21
dm/wolfskin 13-Jan-21
Ollie 13-Jan-21
TrapperKayak 13-Jan-21
Rupe 13-Jan-21
11-Jan-21

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
This buck was a regular on my cams but vanished during muzzleloader season a couple weeks ago. First pics tonight so he made it. But that big circle on his shoulder makes me wonder? Do you think he was shot and wounded?

11-Jan-21

Another pic

11-Jan-21
It's got the look......does it look like he is favoring that leg too??

11-Jan-21
Damn muzzleloaders...8^) Wonder if the ball exited the other side, if not and somebody kills him in the future they're gonna get a bonus souvenir... Would be cool to see how it heals around the lead...

11-Jan-21
Probably hit just above the backbone and he will be fine.

12-Jan-21
Hard to tell but could be road rash. Looks big to be wounded by gun or bow. Shawn

12-Jan-21
I'm thinking road rash, too.

12-Jan-21
We had a buck on trail cam first week of November with what appeared to be a hole in the hide between the shoulder and spine. My hunting partner killed the buck four days later and there was no hole in that location. Unless you see a dried run of blood coming down the side....just hard to say for sure. Even then, who's say the hole wasn't made by an antler instead of a hunter?

12-Jan-21
Agree with pav^^^^. Could be any number of things, with a wound being one of them. I would think he would be more scuffed up and some hair missing, if it was road rash, but possibly not.

12-Jan-21
Yeah, looks like a wound. Just have to cross your fingers infection doesn’t set in, I’ve lost a few that neighbors shot and the deer died late winter.

12-Jan-21

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Definitely. Here is one I got a pic of in VT that was hit 6 weeks prior.

12-Jan-21
How does one have a wound between the shoulder and spine? The shoulder covers the spine.

12-Jan-21
Likely a wound.

12-Jan-21
Could be shot. Maybe the exit side we're seeing. Somebody hit him in the "void".

12-Jan-21
My elderly hunting partner shot a buck with a mechanical last year where the arrow hit a piece of brush first. The arrow cut a huge wound that did not penetrate. The wound healed up and looked something like that on photos. I was hoping to get pictures of him this season but I did not recognize him in any of the pictures.

12-Jan-21

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
It’s hard to know without an autopsy or unless you caused it. This one is an arrow to the backstrap. This buck his been my daughters kyptonite. In 2019 she had him in range twice. Once she couldn’t draw from her buck fever, she didn’t know what happened to her. The other time he never offered a good shot. The only time we saw him this year she was a little high. ;)

12-Jan-21
Amish country....buggy rash.

12-Jan-21
Looks to me like he got hit by a buggy for sure.

12-Jan-21
either a wound or the heartbreak of psoriasis. Tough to tell.

12-Jan-21
^^Good one, FOREST!! ;-)

13-Jan-21
Either that or he rolled in a pile of BovineDung.

13-Jan-21
Could be a arrow wound too.

13-Jan-21
Not enough detail in the photo to tell.

13-Jan-21
Bullseye...

13-Jan-21
Hard to tell Pat.

• Sitka Gear