Hoot 12-Jan-21
WapitiBob 12-Jan-21
lewis 12-Jan-21
WapitiBob 12-Jan-21
Lewis 12-Jan-21
Lewis 12-Jan-21
Rancher 13-Jan-21
12-Jan-21
In past years, the AZ elk application was available on AZGFD website around Jan. 1st, but I can't find it this year. Don't want to lose points with their short window for application. Am I asleep at the wheel?

12-Jan-21
Nope

12-Jan-21
Deadline is February 9th, I believe?

12-Jan-21
App Deadlines Elk & Antelope : Feb 9, 2021

Annual Schedule: 2nd Tues in February: Elk & Antelope 2nd Tues in June: Sheep, Bison, & Deer 2nd Tues in October: Bison, Javelina, & Turkey

12-Jan-21
From what I can tell from their website the draw application process has not started yet. It says early to mid January on the web site. Should be any day now

12-Jan-21
Thinking I put in for a late tag, sometimes i wonder if i will be happy or sad to draw it. No rain in AZ still i can see some people sitting this one out of another point.

Fyi since they redid the portal i was locked out, 5 minute phone call got me squared away.

12-Jan-21
This hurts but I have 15 points and I fear I’m done shoulder surgery 2 knee surgeries plus some other issues it sucks but life goes on good luck Lewis

12-Jan-21

midwest's Link
That sucks, Lewis. Maybe check into drawing a tag and giving it to a minor grandchild or donating it to one of the qualifying organizations that gives it to a kid that is disabled or has a serious medical condition. AZ has a tag transfer program....see my link for all the options.

I bet you could take up a donation right here on Bowsite to help cover the cost of the tag. I know I'd donate.

12-Jan-21
I think you could give the tag to a veteran....I’m a veteran....grin

12-Jan-21

12-Jan-21
If anyone recalls 2 years ago BigDan and I both drew together to hunt Az.We had been friends for over 30 years then my knee went sideways crossing a creek on our place in Tennessee so I could not go. I was able to donate my tag to a program in Az for service men who were wounded and I could keep my points.This is a one time deal.Danny and I were going to put in for this year. I actually caught a lot of grief for doing this on this site but I have very thick skin.Well we all know Danny’s heart stopped while he was chasing lopes in Nevada and that took something out of mine it hurt.So knee was good then dislocated and needed more surgery. I don’t feel like it be smart to head out to western hunt at this juncture.So that is where it is.We shall see.Good luck Lewis

12-Jan-21
Good the hear Lewis, I mistakenly thought you were done if you did a tag donation vs turning it back.

12-Jan-21
I still have 15 points that I still have I’m looking for anything for me but that is what it is Good luck Lewis

12-Jan-21
Oops I don’t want anything damn I screwed that last post up big time sorry about that Lewis

13-Jan-21
Game and Fish phone lines was all fouled up,as well as all the portal accounts.They are working on getting it sorted out.No one has missed the deadline,yet

• Sitka Gear