bigswivle 14-Jan-21
Brotsky 14-Jan-21
JL 14-Jan-21
drycreek 14-Jan-21
No Mercy 14-Jan-21
Husker Buck 14-Jan-21
Ranger rick 14-Jan-21
13-Jan-21
Placed an order on December 26 and still have not received it. Tried to contact Post Office they suck. Next I called Scheels and the lady said ok it may be lost or damaged we will send more out today. Now that’s customer service! I will be sure to use them over Cabelas any day.

13-Jan-21
Yep Scheels is my go to place on some things. Bass Pro and Cabela's are terrible anymore and have hardly anything I want. How times have changed.

13-Jan-21
I do nearly all my shopping at Scheels

13-Jan-21
Scheels is awesome on the price match as well.

13-Jan-21
I love Scheels but didn't have a great experience in their archery pro shop. I won't have them work on my bows anymore. Probably a store to store thing. Some archery sections might be very good I suppose.

13-Jan-21
Their customer service in store is just as good. I went to sportsmans today to see if they had any powder in stock. I had no less than 6 people walk by me as I stood at the gun counter and not one acknowledged me. The guy that finally helped me answered the phone 2 times before acknowledging my existence. I’m so desperate for some powder I held my tongue. Lol

13-Jan-21
Scheels is what cabelas was 10-15 or more years ago. I don’t go to cabelas/bass pro at all anymore. I get to Scheels couple times a month.

13-Jan-21
Down heah in da Souf, we don’t have many Scheels stores. It’s a pity, I wish we did.

13-Jan-21
Scheels for me

13-Jan-21
I just talked to the Scheels HQ folks about getting one here in Michigan. Tragically....they have no plans to put one here. Missoula and Colorado Springs are scheduled to be the next new stores.

13-Jan-21
Scheels is great! I know one guy up in the Fargo store though that’s a little sketchy.

13-Jan-21
Just walked out of the store 10 minutes ago. They put new lower poundage limbs on a Hoyt Spyder and I ordered a new bow. They are great in Overland Park, KS.

13-Jan-21
You guys need to stop saying how great Scheels is (and not just because they don't have them in my state...). Bass Pro will hear you and buy them!!

13-Jan-21
I love Scheels

13-Jan-21
I love scheels. Go to small archery shop for my bow work. Thier credit card has a nice rewards plan and they price match- No questions. Been done with cabelas for 6 months. Sick of going to thier store for cash and carry items that are always out of stock

13-Jan-21
Worked at Scheels for several years while going to college and while starting my career. They are phenomenal and really care about the customer. One of my best buddies is one of the 2 bowtechs at the appleton store and really knows his stuff

13-Jan-21
Good to hear. My Brother and my oldest son both work in the big Fargo Scheels. My brother Al in hunting/archery and my son Philip in fishing. Ask for them if any of you go to the Fargo store or call and ask for them if you have any questions. It's almost impossible to stump either one of them with a technical question.

13-Jan-21
I have been a scheels fan since 1987. I bought my first bow from them. I used to buy all my hockey equipment from them as well.

There used be a few guys at the Lincoln Nebraska store that were really good to have work on a bow.

One moved out to Utah and not sure what happened to the other two guys.

13-Jan-21
Never heard of them, what states are they in? Sounds like we need one in North Carolina, I got a gift card for Christmas to Cableas. I walked around in there for an hour, mostly junk, I came home and gave it to my wife, she finally got some socks.

13-Jan-21
Wish we had one in Georgia. Cabelas has tanked and Bass Pro is horrible in every aspect. Will start online ordering with Scheel’s.

13-Jan-21
Scheel's is my #1 go to spot. unfortunately being in NY I have to order....always top notch

13-Jan-21
I like Scheels. Funny story,

I was in Overland Park near the end of October and my lovely wife out of the blue said I should buy a gun. I was kinda wanting a new muzzleloader. So never one to pass that kind of opportunity by, we tried a couple stores, including Cabelas. They didn't have what I wanted. So we tried Scheels and they had it.

It was a Remington 700 UML, and it requires a federal background check. Well, it wasn't flagged in their system, and so they didn't do one. I thought nothing of it.

About a month later my local small-town bank calls me and says someone from Scheels is trying to track me down. And gives me a number.

I call the guy and they had been frantically trying to find me to run the check. I didn't realize this, but apparently they can't really track you from a card number. They were able to determine my debit card issuer as this small town bank, fortunately. And the bank knows me so they let me know.

I explained I lived 2 hours away, so would need a few days to get in, and they gave me a $100 gift card for my trouble :) So I bought some Sitka Incinerator bibs and a new Sitka Fanatic coat, because my LOVELY wife gave me the green light :)

13-Jan-21
^...score!!

13-Jan-21
Yep Scheels is like the old Cabelas! X2 for Al Messner at Fargo Scheels. He’s one of the best archery techs I’ve been around. Great attitude, and just a class act. If your in Bismarck, Zach Kemmer is good too.

13-Jan-21
I wish I’d known that Scheels was having a big sale on Sitka gear.

Incinerator bibs AND the Fanatic jacket for 100 bucks is a heck of deal, Bake!!

13-Jan-21
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Scheels but the closest one to me is about 8 hours away. I usually go to Sportmans Warehouse but they just got purchased by Bass Pro.

14-Jan-21
Would buy from Scheels over Cabela's and Bass Pro any day.

14-Jan-21
Was thinking the same thing, t-roy! lol

14-Jan-21
It's a darn shame they don't have any stores in the eastern U.S. They would be busier than a one-armed paperhanger if they put stores around PA/OH/WV/MD.

14-Jan-21
That's how much he told his lovely wife they cost =)

14-Jan-21
They're smart enough not to try to add locations faster than they can keep up with quality management. "You're only as good as your employee's" Good old fashioned values. Seems like they try to schedule employee's so that there's at least one expert in each department at all times. There's always going to be some time-clock punching college kids in stores that big. You just have to find that "expert" if you have any serious technical questions.

14-Jan-21
First time I ever heard of them was last month when I placed an order on Amazon and the trail cameras came from Scheels.

14-Jan-21
Fargo based company. Started out as a hardware store that also sold sporting goods.

14-Jan-21
Brotsky-I assume you are referring to me? HAHAHAHA

Seriously though-thank you all-I have put 21 years of my life into this company and I love what we stand for, the customer service we provide and what we give back to our communities. Scheels is in it for the long haul.

14-Jan-21
I'm about 2 years out from retirement and I was thinking about trying to get a part time job with Scheels. I've bought so much athletic gear, hunting gear and fishing gear over the years for myself and three boys, I'm pretty much an expert on all these things. LOL. Seriously though, I might try.

14-Jan-21
God bless that store. I spend more time there than at my damn Lease in Illinois(Springfield store)

14-Jan-21
"Brotsky-I assume you are referring to me? HAHAHAHA"

You know it buddy! :)

14-Jan-21

JL's Link
If you're like me and you want to push to get a Scheels near you....here's a link to email them and plug your state. All you Michigan bubbas need to fire off an email. That's how I put my 2 pennies in.

14-Jan-21
I didn’t realize Bowsite rules in the Fargo Scheels ! I’ll be in Fargo come spring break and I’ll visit the Scheels store, always do. My wife is from ND and what family she has left there live in Fargo.

14-Jan-21
Heck yes Drycreek-shoot me a message when you come up!

14-Jan-21
Scheels' customer service is the best in the business. They truly care and want everyone to leave a happy customer.

14-Jan-21
Scheels is by far the best! Post office sucks?? I dont think so. I order stuff daily and never had an issue! I will stand up for the hard working boys in blue! Not an easy job. We deal with harsh winters and nasty weather in Minnesota and the mailman brings my packages and sets them on my door step. I dont even have to put shoes on to get them. That's service!

• Sitka Gear