Rsquared 14-Jan-21
12yards 15-Jan-21
12yards 15-Jan-21
12yards 15-Jan-21
12yards 15-Jan-21
Rsquared 16-Jan-21
Tajue17 17-Jan-21
14-Jan-21
So I came across 2 packs of original rocket 100 grain steelheads in the packaging a few months back that I bought and i just bought some more off a guy who said he bought a bunch off the president of the company when rocket sold to trophy ridge. I received those ones today and they are slightly different then the ones I bought a few months back. The threaded part is a little longer and the blades and cutting diameter are a little longer all positives but my question is," did the original rocket company have slightly different designs of the steelhead?

14-Jan-21
Are you sure they aren't 125's?

14-Jan-21

Rsquared's embedded Photo
Yes I'm sure

14-Jan-21

It may be hard to tell in the pic but the blades on the left are like 1/8th longer.... Hey I'm not complaining. These ones I just got are also decently sharp. I was just curious if og rocket had different designs of the steelheads because these ones are definitely slightly different

14-Jan-21

It may be hard to tell in the pic but the blades on the left are like 1/8th longer.... Hey I'm not complaining. These ones I just got are also decently sharp. I was just curious if og rocket had different designs of the steelheads because these ones are definitely slightly different

14-Jan-21
I’ve seen a few different ones. All original. But must have been made at differnt times

14-Jan-21
Funny, I just found some new Steelheads going through my box the other day. Gave them to a 12 year old kid. I hope he murders a couple pigs with them. ;-)

14-Jan-21

Idk these look alot like the 125 grain sh blades on 100 grain ferrell... Idk if the guy made a mistake and put on 1-1/4 blades on and just hasn't told me. He claims there old new stock but idk,
Idk these look alot like the 125 grain sh blades on 100 grain ferrell... Idk if the guy made a mistake and put on 1-1/4 blades on and just hasn't told me. He claims there old new stock but idk,

14-Jan-21

Here's the ones I already had. The blades in the top picture are clearly longer

14-Jan-21
They used to also have “magnums” if I can remember correctly

14-Jan-21
Ya idk, well the rocket 100 grain steelhead was always listed as 1-1/8 cut and the ones I had and the newer silver trophy ridge ones really aren't. There more like an inch, but these ones really are 1-1/8, actually might be an even wider cut to be honest, but maybe this was a batch and a time they decided to really make the cut what they had it advertised as, idk... I'll look into " magnums" and see if I can find any info, thanks

14-Jan-21
I wish these blades were more swept back on these ones I just got. Man, when it comes to my broadheads I get so paranoid about every little thing

15-Jan-21
I remember when I first started shooting Steelheads back in 2008 or so, at that time they changed hands and had a bad run of 100 gr. heads. They didn't sweep back at the same angle as the originals. Maybe you got some of those. I bought a bunch of 100s off of ebay around 2010-2012. I'll check them out tonight and post a picture. I have some 125s too that I can post pics of.

15-Jan-21

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
Here's (left to right) a 100 Steelhead XP, a regular 100, and a 125.

15-Jan-21

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
Here's the 125, 100 and 100 XP.

15-Jan-21
I honestly really liked those XPs.

16-Jan-21
Well I'm still gonna use theM AN

17-Jan-21
I shot the very first steelheads I think the tip stuck out like the pic here I still have the promo VHS the original owner made here somewhere because he talked alot about the tip and designed like that for hard quartering shots when other companys recommend side shots only I'm not positive it was along time ago. my personal experience Is I shot them from a 50lb Mathews ICON which I think was rated the slowest compound at the time mainly a round wheel target bow and those steelheads went thru the deer I shot no problem,,, one was a bad hit and I remember the finishing shot went thru both scapulas with no damage. I remember they sold the company and I think the quality or sharpness was questionable I forget but I then went to the original Nap shockwaves with the trivex tip, then one shot with a rage which was the reason I went back to fixed blades forever. I don't follow all the forum posts on what people think of the original SH's but I loved them and if the originals came back I might shoot them again.

• Sitka Gear