WapitiBob 15-Jan-21
AZ8 16-Jan-21
midwest 16-Jan-21
Whocares 16-Jan-21
AZ8 16-Jan-21
Whocares 16-Jan-21
Whitty 16-Jan-21
15-Jan-21
A little help.....please don’t say switch to Gaia or Basemap.....lol. I’m paid up for the year and want to get my money’s worth before I think about any switching.

I just did about a 5 mile hike. I know it’s a five mile hike, because I’ve done it dozens of times. Anyways..... Location services is on. I was in airplane mode(no cell service). I was using an offline map and I made sure it was tracking before I put my phone back in my shirt pocket. I got back to the truck and the tracking time was correct, so I know it was tracking. However, the app said I went a total of 51 yards! WTF?? This is the second time this has happened. First time I thought it was user error. Did something change that I need to address? Thanks!

15-Jan-21
Been having a similar problem. Have used tracking many times and always gave me a very accurate track. But the last couple weeks the tracks would end up as a point to point straight line. Can't figure it out. Sent a message to ONX but haven't heard back yet.

15-Jan-21
Whocares: That also happened to me last week after a walk around my neighborhood! I completely forgot about that. I had a straight line from my house and back. I was surprised to see I climbed over roofs and walked through a bunch of houses!! Lol

Hope you get an answer because something changed within the past few weeks.

15-Jan-21
Never had the issue unless my phone was buries in managers of clothes

15-Jan-21
I think it's a phone gps connection thing.

16-Jan-21
Think I figured it out. Had to go in and clear the cache within the onX app. Quick walk down the street, crossing every 50 feet or so, showed the correct distance and an accurate line of travel, even in offline mode.

For Andriod: Apps> onX> storage> Clear Cache

16-Jan-21
The tracking I've done with Gaia and OnX just doesn't work well unless I have the phone out of my pocket and held in my hand

16-Jan-21
Couldn't do that or find that AZ.Went to ONX but don't know how you get to storage and clear cache.

16-Jan-21
Whocares: You need to go through Settings on your phone, not the app itself. For Android follow steps below. If iPhone, I’m no help! Lol

Settings. Apps. Select onX. Storage. Clear Cache.

16-Jan-21
got it. Thanks AZ.

16-Jan-21
Not sure why but I have also found it helps to turn off any battery saving mode as well...

• Sitka Gear