Schmitty78 21-Jan-21
Two Feathers 21-Jan-21
Schmitty78 21-Jan-21
Sean D. 21-Jan-21
Reggiezpop 21-Jan-21
Shawn 22-Jan-21
Sean D. 22-Jan-21
21-Jan-21
How many of you use some sort of ozone generator and to what effect, to either to de-scent clothing or in the field to minimize scent?

21-Jan-21
Nosejammer and Tinks 69 for now. When that doesn’t work I just play the wind.

21-Jan-21
I only do clothing and gear, and only clothing that does not have rubber straps or waistbands. I built my own closet and unit using items on Amazon for under $100. Jury is out if it makes any difference but ozone units killing bacteria in enclosed spaces is proven science. I have stated before and I will repeat that I find it silly putting a unit in the treestand. I know guys swear by it but it defies logic.

21-Jan-21
I had two of the Ozonics on for five days straight in a tent type blind on a salmon stream in Alaska. Small/young bears seemed to not smell us and came close to the blind. Large/mature bears paused at 75 yards turned and left. In my view, have the wind in your favor, or you will be smelled, by deer, elk, bear, etc.

21-Jan-21
Pat x2 good luck Lewis

21-Jan-21
I have the closet with an ozone machine, Crush I think, and use it daily. I will put my pack and other stuff in it maybe once a year. It seems to remove all odors. I put it on for 15-20 minutes and let the clothes soak for another 15 minutes or so. I do put in clothes with elastic and so far I have not seen a breakdown.

21-Jan-21
I use an ozonics on my clothing and put one in my tree in certain stands where the deer tend to come from any direction. I was very skeptical, but so far have only had positive experiences from deer when they come down wind while the ozonics is on

21-Jan-21
These units that you use in your stand or blind, do they make any noise? Do they have a fan motor? I do use the NFUSE Ozone sprayer on my equipment and outer layer of cloths.

21-Jan-21
Two feathers, on calm days you can definitely hear the fan, it helps hanging the unit upside down. The deer don’t seem to notice it but I do! I tend to not use it on days like that. I always play the wind, really just use it for a little extra security in certain stands. I’m not totally sold on it but I didn’t have a single deer blow at me this season once down wind so I’ll continue using it until I get negative reactions from it’s use

21-Jan-21
No need to spend a lot. You can buy a big tote and cheap ozone generator on amazon. I bought 2 for like 25 bucks a piece. I throw my stuff in the tote about 15-20 min before im ready to leave. If I am driving the whole tote goes in the bed of the truck and I get dressed when I arrive.

21-Jan-21
I also use a tote but have noticed it works better with less clothing like during early season. Once there are jackets and pants and layers in my tote, air circulation is at a minimum, and the clothes on the bottom of the tote don’t smell of ozone.

22-Jan-21
I use one for my clothes and some of my gear. I use a commercial unit though. It produces 20 times the amount of Ozone as say an Ozonics. Look at Airzone 2000. Lots of uses for it, per odors, car detailing, hunting clothes, smoke odors etc. Shawn

22-Jan-21
Reggiezpop, I should have mentioned that if the tote gets pretty full You need to mix the contents up enough to get ozone to everything.

• Sitka Gear