WV Mountaineer 28-Jan-21
Missouribreaks 28-Jan-21
loesshillsarcher 02-Feb-21
trophyhill 02-Feb-21
krieger 02-Feb-21
deserthunter 02-Feb-21
23-Jan-21

Huntcell 's Link
Whoa!!!!! if your currently overseas you need to return now or have a negative Wuhan virus test after Jan. 26th. if the country or area you are currently at, does not have availability for approved testing you must make arrangements for your continued stay until such time as you can provide an approved test in order to be allowed reentry into USA. airline personnel are now to act as unpaid defacto US government agents to screen and deny US citizens entry back to USA without proper test results in the passengers hand.

it makes it sound like an absolute ban for anyone to return to America without a negative test. be assured if you have a diplomatic immunity card or close connection to the Biden family or DNC this test requirement with be waived, that's a given.

After Jan. 26 no admission to USA without a negative test. this applies to air travelers only. Note currently foot and vehicle land crossings no testing required. What the ?????

CDC guideline update Event: Effective January 26,

all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide either a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel or provide a positive test result and documentation from a licensed health care provider or public health official of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Passengers must also attest, under penalty of law, to having received a negative qualifying test result or to recovery from COVID-19 and medical clearance to travel.

See the CDC Proof of Negative Test Result page to view the order, complete the attestation, and to see? FAQ’s.

Airlines must deny boarding to passengers who do not meet these requirements.

U.S. citizens in countries where adequate COVID-19?testing is not available or may not be able to satisfy the requirements, should depart immediately or prepare to be unable to return to the United States until such time as they can meet the requirements.

23-Jan-21
And no one will be allowed to come north across our southern border without taking a corona test......Oh wait, we can’t do that to dreamers.

23-Jan-21
Funny, I remember the same restriction almost exactly 365 days ago and it was the worst crime against humanity imaginable, met with vile opposition.

This one has a high approval rating from the audience of clapping seals. The teflon administration has been re-established to its former glory...

23-Jan-21
Just come across the southern border illegally....NO PROBLEM! The Democrats are in charge now, so logic no longer applies....OR reality.

23-Jan-21
Big problems coming on the southern border

23-Jan-21
I seem to remember an old phrase, If ignorance were bliss, no wonder their so damn happy.

23-Jan-21
Obama 2.0 redux. Biden is backing up the Titanic and going to hit the iceberg again. Same fool, same border.....different year.

23-Jan-21
Backing up the Titanic, LOL I like that.

23-Jan-21
So let me see if I understand this. A US citizen can be locked out, but illegal immigration will be welcomed. What kind of ass backwards thinking have the liberals voted in? This almost feels like an episode of the original Star Trek or Planet of the Apes or some crap

23-Jan-21
Obama 2.0 redux. Biden is backing up the Titanic and going to hit the iceberg again. Same fool, same border.....different year.

Lmao. Funny but not funny

23-Jan-21
Trophyhill

Don't forget a person can now quit their job claiming their afraid to contract COVID19 and they'll be able to collect unemployment.

23-Jan-21
I’m like HDE. You won’t see anyone complain with this. And, as long as it’s all serving, I won’t either. But, it won’t be. Because liberal ideology is incapable of for thought. They’ll let the people coming north in after tax dollars pays to test, immunize, and set them all up with living quarters.

23-Jan-21
Biden is nothing but a xenophobe.

23-Jan-21
So US citizens are not allowed to come back into the US unless they meet arbitrary criteria?

23-Jan-21
Welcome to hell, and it's going to get worse...a LOT worse.

23-Jan-21
All in due time. The newly elected clown-in-chief is in for some disappointment...

23-Jan-21
Kinda reminds me how rioting is a cure but churches are Typhoid Mary..... nonsense and hypocrisy is strong with this ones......

23-Jan-21
Do any of you realize (or care) that rule was enacted while Trump was in office, not Biden? You all seem to hating on Biden for this. But hey, who wants to let facts get in the way?

23-Jan-21
But Trump was not welcoming illegal aliens to come to the southern boarder. Quite the opposite. He wanted a secure boarder and legal immigration policy. Biden's posture does not support this objective at all.

23-Jan-21
It doesn’t matter which side claims the power at the time it’s enacted, its government overreach plain and simple. Will be interesting if it ends up in court. I’ve never heard of airlines acting as customs agents for the government. Nor have I heard of citizens being denied entry into their own country.

24-Jan-21
You have now.

Biden is on the hook for everything now. Or executive order and change it.

24-Jan-21
Sounds like there are some hydroxychloroquine drinkers on here...

24-Jan-21
^^^^And a few that drink the cyanide laced coolaide.

24-Jan-21
The testing requirement was put in place to enable lifting the travel bans from several countries but Biden is keeping the testing requirement and still blocking travel from those countries.

"WASHINGTON, D.C. -- President Donald Trump on Monday lifted coronavirus-related travel restrictions for much of Europe, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Brazil, effective on January 26 -- a move that President-elect Joe Biden's administration has promised to block.

In an executive order issued Monday evening, Trump said he had been advised to lift restrictions on incoming travelers to the United States from the 26 European countries in the Schengen Zone, the UK, Ireland and Brazil but leave in place restrictions on travel from Iran and China.

"I agree with the Secretary that this action is the best way to continue protecting Americans from COVID-19 while enabling travel to resume safely," Trump wrote in the order, referring to Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar.

Biden is set to take over the presidency on Wednesday and his incoming press secretary, Jen Psaki, said that his administration would not lift the restrictions.

"With the pandemic worsening, and more contagious variants emerging around the world, this is not the time to be lifting restrictions on international travel," Psaki said on Twitter. "On the advice of our medical team, the Administration does not intend to lift these restrictions on 1/26. In fact, we plan to strengthen public health measures around international travel in order to further mitigate the spread of COVID-19."

24-Jan-21
“A wall will not stop the coronavirus. Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it. This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet — and we need a plan to combat it.”

“We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering."

I guess he changed his other mind...

24-Jan-21
Ok so we are letting the corona hoax shut the world down for why again? Average age of folks dying from the Rona I read is 78 years old? Higher than average age of death from natural or other illness related deaths? And of that we are looking at less than 1% of people contracting it that are dying? And it makes sense to shut everything down? Someone please explain to me how any of this makes sense. Because the conclusion I keep coming up with is government control and the first “visible” steps of the destruction of freedom. Im sure there has been a lot of behind the scenes work going on prior. I’m all ears if someone wants to enlighten me on this one.....

24-Jan-21
"Ok so we are letting the corona hoax shut the world down for why again?"

Do you really think anyone can explain the reasons to someone who thinks it is a hoax?

24-Jan-21
I by no means believe the right person behind the desk in the Oval Office is the right cat to be leading this nation, once again we find oursleves being led by what many decided as the lesser of two evils.

The office of the POTUS is to secure the borders of the U.S. which this travel restriction is. The inherent problem, however, is returning citizens are just that, returning. They are not first timers coming in and then returning to their homeland after a brief stay.

The U.S. travelers already met the criteria entering the foreign soil of being virus free, if there was one. The issue this creates is putting a burden on a foreign nation. The other issue is the crickets reaction from the worthless media.

This, and other antics, is what will cause the disappointment as other nations have enjoyed prosperity over the past 4 years as well...

24-Jan-21
The rona may be real, but making people believe the world should be shut down because of it IS a hoax. And if you want to push that agenda Matt, you are more than welcome to show me the science. Mask use is up to 90 + % and the rona is on the rise. Professional football players are catching the rona at an alarming rate and yet they are all making full recoveries. Mostly without being hospitalized. I’m thinking that the science says this is true for most who are not at high risk are having the same recovery results. After all the NFL is a microcosm of society. Unfortunately when you have guys like Fauci pushing an agenda, it all gets blurred even though it is nothing more than propaganda. But go ahead Matt. Help yourself to your beliefs and I will stick with mine which is, I’ll do me and you do you and my guess is I will be just as safe not wearing a mask as you will be wearing yours. Maybe even safer ;)

24-Jan-21
I don’t know what you’re all up in arms about except that it’s Biden that enacted it. If Trump did this you’d all be kissing his feet just like back a year ago when he banned travel from China and Europe. Banning travel was smart back then and it’s smart now. Regardless of who the president is.

24-Jan-21
" Banning travel was smart back then and it’s smart now."

Back then, we didn't have the testing available we have now.

24-Jan-21
Right. All the more reason to ban travel. Keep all those infected people out. We got enough infections as it is. We don’t need more sick people in the country.

24-Jan-21
"The rona may be real,..."

Now we are making progress - you've gone from believing the pandemic is a hoax to a willingness to consider it "may" be real.

"I don’t know what you’re all up in arms about except that it’s Biden that enacted it. If Trump did this you’d all be kissing his feet just like back a year ago when he banned travel from China and Europe. Banning travel was smart back then and it’s smart now. Regardless of who the president is."

I totally agree, and I bet if the threads on this site wouldn't have been deleted you'd find many of the same people who criticized detractors of Trump's travel ban criticizing this move by Biden. It is as stark a reminder that many will criticize a policy based on who recommended it and not based on the merit of that policy.

That sort of partisan idiocy is a far bigger problem than the current pandemic.

24-Jan-21
I never mentioned Trump or Biden. I did mention Fauci however. The common thread between the 2 men. A model citizen I tell ya.

My opinion on Trump is, he relied on the wrong people. The swamp he was trying to rid. You see? The swamp is on both sides. The establishment is the swamp. Now they are exposed on both sides. We knew who they were on the left. Nice to know where they are on the right. Bunch of lifetime politicians. Which Trump was not. Suppose that’s why they hate him so much? The world may never know. A clever but brilliant ploy really. Distract him with an impeachment based on Trumped up lies from the moment he was inaugurated until present day, call him a xenaphobe and let the media run wild with that for a while because the peaceful protests are so peaceful that Portland is still burning, and all the meanwhile, plot for his removal from office. I’m a registered independent so I am not biased 1 way or the other. I keep waiting for the 2 sides to meet in the middle, but it appears that is not going to happen. How naive of me. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to choose sides at some point. Let’s see. Who’s side shall I choose. Truth? Or lies? Where does the evidence point? I believe the great liberal Bill Maher said we should know within 100 days if we can blame Trump for the China Flu. Wonder how long the impeachment phase will last? 90? 100 days? Bout the time the masks can be taken off? Wonder what else can be done in 100 days? Ya know I’m no political scientist but is that 2+2 =4 type question? Or only coincidence? Or am I seeing things that just aren’t happening? Tell ya what. Let’s talk about that in 100 days.

But back to Fauci for a moment if I may. He looks great appearing on the cover of Time magazine doesn’t he? Or how bout the suits he wears for his appearances on CNN and MSNBC? Those are the shiz. Are they not? And that smile. There’s a mouth full of truth everytime he smiles for the camera for ya. He doesn’t even need to speak. That smile says it all. I think he made the centerfold of GQ magazine for next months issue too. I’ll have to get back to ya on that ;)

24-Jan-21
Now that the country has watched Dr Fauci for a year, my concern is he might be drifting from a leading disease expert to a celebrity. For you folks who remember the OJ trial that went of for a very long.....this is what happened to the judge in that trial....Judge Lance Ito. The spotlight and attention went to his head and he was criticized for it affecting his role as a judge.

24-Jan-21
^^^^ I want to see biden ripped apart by the mainstream media, speaker of the house, and senate minority leader because the man certainly ain't perfect. Yeah, didn't think so.

The hypocrisy is stifling...

24-Jan-21
The coronavirus is real. The real part is it’s likely not going to kill you. It’s us likely going to be so mild to over 80% of the people who get it, that don’t know they have it. And, for done unexplained reason, it’s going to kill roughly .7% of those who get it. With an average age of death in the 70’s.

Thats reality. That’s the science we have. So, if you are preaching anything different, then you are the problem.

24-Jan-21
And even with that, the death numbers are cooked. In Illinois the State Director of Health publicly ADMITTED that if you die from a tree falling on you but you test positive for Covid, it's counted as a Covid death.

Yes, it's not something you want to get, and yes you need to use some common sense, but the "facts" we're getting from the government are hogwash. They're using it for a power grab first and foremost.

They can go blow smoke up somebody else's keister.

24-Jan-21
I need to lock the front gate, pull up my mask and straighten my tinfoil hat.

I love my country, but fear the government.

24-Jan-21
I bet a lot guys on here were pretty upset about 9-11. Rightly so, almost 3,000 Americans were killed.

The US has been losing more people every day to COVID for almost 6 weeks than we did in the terrorist attack, and still some aren't even willing to admit it is real.

What is the messaging there? Hell no to foreign terrorists kill Americans, but no big deal if we do it to one another?

As an American, that is embarrassing.

24-Jan-21
"Right. All the more reason to ban travel. Keep all those infected people out. We got enough infections as it is. We don’t need more sick people in the country."

Why should they be kept out if they are able to be tested and test negative? Would you feel the same way if you had family that lived in another country and you were unable to visit or have them visit?

24-Jan-21
I work in healthcare and both collect and perform COVID testing. I’ve had 2 siblings with COVID and one was extremely ill. Been quarantined twice. Of the 400,000 who have died so far certainly some would have died of something else, but I’ve seen younger people who most likely would have still been with their families. If you listened to Dr Birks interview today I think you might understand better what Fauci and the COVID advisory group was up against. We certainly got mixed messages throughout. I voted for trump twice as the lessor of two evils. Maybe he’s smart, but hebelieved people who were not experts. I’m getting my second vaccine tomorrow. I hope everyone has patience and gets vaccinated when they can, not for yourself, but for everyone.

24-Jan-21
No way in hell im vaccinating myself with something that has been tested for Less than a year. I’ll take my chances with the virus.

24-Jan-21
"Hell no to foreign terrorists kill Americans, but no big deal if we do it to one another?"

Mad respect, Matt, but not sure I follow. How are we killing each other?

24-Jan-21
No I won’t feel any different. Stay out until it’s safe to fly home.

24-Jan-21
I’m supposed to be going to the Yucatán on an Occelated Turkey hunt this spring. I have a bad feeling it’s going to get messed up.

24-Jan-21
Matt, you really are a special individual. Only an arrogant prick would suggest spreaders of Covid are murders.

24-Jan-21
Matt’s from California... give him a break huh?

24-Jan-21
Welcome to Canada

24-Jan-21
Matt, 63,000,000 murdered Americans in government funded operations inside our borders, so who's upset about them?

25-Jan-21
Yes Matt everyone was upset that terrorists attacked US soil. Now many are very upset that China unleashed a virus on the world. That’s why it is called the China Flu. Because it came from China......

25-Jan-21
Please start spelling BORDER correctly. Thank you. Carry on.

25-Jan-21
A two party system of career politicians is definitely a bit swampy (like having to like a team because they're from the nfc or afc, instead of liking whatever team or players you want) , but Trump was easily the worst part of the swamp (see January 6). At least now there are adults in the room who have an attention span & ability to comprehend. If you aren't an immunologist who has spent their lives trying to determine the best ways to address things like covid, its probably best to listen to someone that is, rather than listen to someone on Newsmax, parler, etc who has a strong opinion (not grounded in science, but strong nonetbeless), and end up shooting up with bleach.

Idiocracy was supposed to be a warning, not a playbook.

25-Jan-21
All I know is if I was lucky enough to be out of the country right now I'd stay gone and not return for the next FOUR YEARS...if it lasts that long.

25-Jan-21
Yes by all means. Demean and downplay any website that does not agree with the Twitters and Googles and Facebooks of the world. I have a better idea. Why not just shut opposing views down. That is the American way right? Or is that a Russia or China way? Looks pretty much 1 in the same with our current set of politicians.

I have an idea. How bout we just re educate those who think for themselves. I think Katy had a brilliant idea. How bout we just de program those who think for themselves. Maybe some internment camps? How bout we just put them in jail and break them? I mean what is the answer to our little problem we seem to have? Are your kids being taught how to be critical self thinkers in school? Or are they being taught how to be good little socialists and liberals? Please don’t answer that one. I think I already have that answer ;)

25-Jan-21
Trump the worst part of the swamp......RIIIIGHT......Are you on dope???

I can tell you either are, or you're a Dem/Socialist, with NO recollection of what happened ALL LAST FREAKING SUMMER WITH THE BIDEN BROWNSHIRTS DESTROYING AMERICAN CITIES/BUSINESSES AND PEOPLE! Oh, I know, that was different.

"Mostly peaceful".....and the Titanic was "mostly afloat", until it sank.

You're about as credible as China Joe's presidency.

25-Jan-21
If Biden, Harris, Pelosi and the rest are considered "adults in the room who have an attention span & ability to comprehend", I do not want to be considered an adult!

25-Jan-21
I'm listening to Fauci. Not sure if I should wear no mask, sometimes mask, or double mask. He has told me all three so I'm sure it's my fault for being confused and not listening close enough. I'll try harder.

25-Jan-21
I do NOT trust Biden's ability to comprehend ANYTHING! : ( The man should be on the Dementia ward of a nursing home somewhere....................................

25-Jan-21
“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.” ? George Orwell

25-Jan-21
“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.” ? George Orwell

25-Jan-21

25-Jan-21

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
For you Perry....

25-Jan-21
"Mad respect, Matt, but not sure I follow. How are we killing each other?"

We know how COVID is spread/how to avoid it and that it can be spread by people who are asymptomatic, and yet we as a country have demonstrated less discipline than virtually every other country on earth in applying that knowledge - despite having greater means/fewer limitations than most.

"Only an arrogant prick would suggest spreaders of Covid are murders."

Murder is an unlawful, premeditated killing - pretty obvious to pretty much everybody but you that is not what I was referring to.

And to use your lack of command of the English language as the basis for referring to me as an arrogant prick is impressive even for you.

25-Jan-21
People keep spouting “less than 1% death rate”

WHERE ATE YOU GETTING THAT INFO?? Please show me a credible link to that info. The only credible info I can find shows 2-3% death rate. That is 1 in 50 people.

If anyone reading this thread doesn’t know a lot of people who have now had this and doesn’t know some that have died, you must live under a rock.

I know many with serious illness and quite a few that have died. My college roommate (62) is currently in ICU with Covid and has not turned the corner yet. He was first ill on 1/11

Know a 28 year old woman who got it on the day she was supposed to get married and ended up dying. Know a local MD who was 67 and died from it. The wife of another college roommate (60) recovered from the virus and now has serious heart damage.

NO, we shouldn’t shut down the country, but it pisses me off to that people won’t at least wear a mask. You wearing a mask is for MY protection, not yours. So if I Happen to be older or have problems and you happen to be infected you might as well be shooting a gun at me. Might hit me, might not.

25-Jan-21
My county an hour north of Denver is 1%. That's of confirmed cases. We know a lot of folks are asymptomatic and never get tested so common sense tells me it's likely less than 1% death rate.

I wear a mask a lot at work anyways for dust so masking is not a huge deal to me. Mask mandates, being shut down AND having mandates and the silliness around how effective they are is a big deal to me.

25-Jan-21
Whether you are relying on the WHO or Fauci as credible information, you are not exactly getting “credible” information handed out to you. And you have to remember too that the big social media and tech companies are only giving you what you want to hear. Or should I say what they want you to hear. Otherwise why on Gods green earth would they be censoring all opposing views? Boy I’ll tell ya. Some people’s kids.......I am literally astounded at the amount of people that just fell off the turnip truck........some people will believe anything. Those are the ones who are “reprogrammable”! As for me, I am not reprogrammable. I’ll just keep believing in Freedom, the constitution, my 2A and the other amendments and let “common sense” and freedom prevail. Because freedom will prevail over tyranny at some point. Either that or Star Trek is real and I’m stuck in some upside down backwards timewarp

25-Jan-21
I think ya have to trust but verify what ya hear from experts and specifically the media purporting to giving out supposed facts.

I didn't confirm or research this but I heard on one of the news or radio shows, that after Biden was sworn in, CNN stopped giving the virus body counts in their headers. I just looked at CNN and there are no body counts shown. I don't know if they displayed them during the Trump era but I would not be surprised.

25-Jan-21
"We know how COVID is spread/how to avoid it and that it can be spread by people who are asymptomatic, and yet we as a country have demonstrated less discipline than virtually every other country on earth in applying that knowledge - despite having greater means/fewer limitations than most."

Maybe, but I can understand the confusion and mistrust when our experts and political leaders lie (don't wear a mask, wear a mask), give us guidelines and mandates they don't follow themselves (many, many examples), shut down small businesses, churches, funerals, family gatherings, gyms but leave open large businesses and join in on huge protests.

Besides, if Americans had any self-discipline, we wouldn't have a 42%, and climbing, obesity rate. ;-)

25-Jan-21
What kind of "science" mandates wearing a mask when hiking alone in National Forest and BLM? How many lives will that save, or is it just an "in your face" order to outdoorsmen who presumably voted for Trump?

The Executive Order was issued by the guy who violated his own rule three hours later. But we're supposed to now trust his mask guidance?

25-Jan-21
Nobody is mandating you wear a mask when hiking alone in National Forest or BLM. I'm no Biden fan, but quit making stuff up just to justify your hatred for him.

25-Jan-21
Nowiser, this is the EXACT wording from the EO: "individuals in Federal buildings and on Federal lands should all wear masks".

"Federal lands" means National Forest and BLM. Nowhere in the EO does it say they are exempt from the rule.

What part of that did I make up?

25-Jan-21
Forgot to include the definition of "individuals": "A single human being as distinct from a group, class, or family."

I didn't make that up, either.

25-Jan-21
Don’t mind guys like NoWiser. They still aren’t sure what they identify as. He is obviously justifying his vote for the liberal machine.

25-Jan-21
A credible link txhunter? Here you go. And this is Illinois. How many other states have cooked numbers? YES, it can kill you. YES, people have died from it. But the math they're using is garbage and further undermines any other "statistics" being fed to us.

25-Jan-21
Matt, I find your quickness to insinuate that most Americans are careless about the death toll as impressive.

I’ve found your repeated claims over and over about the death toll impressive too. Even though there is clear and present evidence that it’s highly inflated. This is coming from health departments. Not Matt’s world. Because you keep on spouting off as that wasn’t the case. What’s your reasoning? I don’t know. I assume it gives you an opportunity to impress others.

But, most of all, I find your willingness to insinuate and correlate things not even remotely related as dramatic as me saying you think Covid spreaders are careless murderer’s. So much so that if it’s good for you to do, it’s good for you to receive the same in return.

SMH at why being arrogant only goes one way with you. And, want to ensure you my understanding of the English language and human nature is actually pretty good.

25-Jan-21
Jaq, you are obviously a smart guy. Do you honestly believe you’ll get a ticket for not wearing a mask while out hiking? I think I know the answer.

Here’s a quote from a memo sent out regarding the mandate:

“ Appropriate masks should be worn consistently. Masks should be worn in any common areas or shared workspaces (including open floorplan office space, cubicle embankments, and conference rooms). Masks should also be worn in outdoor shared spaces when physical distancing cannot be maintained. Agencies may provide for exceptions consistent with CDC guidelines, for example when an individual is alone in an office with floor to ceiling walls and a closed door or for a limited time when eating or drinking and maintaining distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines.”

I’m quite certain hiking alone would qualify as one of the exceptions they are talking about.

25-Jan-21
That's a memo about behavior indoors and in federal workplaces. Says nothing about federal lands. I'm glad you are uite certain that violating the EO is an exception because its something you don't believe in. Whether or not someone decides to ticket you is beside the point. It still violates the Executive Order, and the Executive Order is a colossal overreach. Closest he could come to the universal mandate he wanted.

So by your logic it's cool for me to ride my ebike on trails closed to motorized vehicles if they don't ticket me? Awesome!

25-Jan-21

trophyhill 's embedded Photo
trophyhill 's embedded Photo
My favorite of China Joe shortly after he signed the order. What should the caption read?

25-Jan-21
Really? You really think that is what they mean or are you just trying to be pissed off? The way I read it last week, buildings on federal land is where the masks were mandated, not every single inch of land. Come on man.

I've seen people on this site so proud walking around with stupid little hats on their head with ears eyes and the same coloration of deer and antelope. It looks absolutely ridiculous! But people still do it in order to kill a deer..... Heaven forbid they wear a mask to help prevent killing a human though!

So, are we boycotting face masks during turkey season this year or what? It's on national forest?

I hunted a national monument this past month, and the only people I saw with masks on were hunters. Should I have told them they were not real Americans but sheep because they were wearing a face mask while hunting? On federal land of all things!!!! They were alone, not on a trail or any other crowded areas.

Just curious as to when wearing a mask is acceptable as a proper conservative and when wearing one makes you a commie.

Meh, nevermind. It is just like the ebike debate. Same ol drivel, no substance.

25-Jan-21
“Don’t argue with an idiot, they will quickly drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”

My respect for Bowsite has dropped substantially. Politics has become a religion where evidence and science have no place, only to believe what you want from whatever source you “trust”

If you can’t understand both sides and see the hypocrisy in both, you will never understand .

25-Jan-21

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo

25-Jan-21
Mask should be checked for compliance. What point of a mask law if they are not making sure its a proper effective mask worn in the proper manner. Handkerchiefs, balaclavas, turtle necks, same mask that have been worn for months. Cheap single layer material. As long as something is covering the nose and month that is current mask mandate.

“Come on MAN”. Just a feel good show and tell. No real substance or enforcement to actually be an effective Wuhan virus spread deterrent.

Worldmeter website shows thousands of people dieing each day, Biden now owns this. He and Fauci just doing a happy dance photo ops and nothing about Biden pre-election plan to save America from his Chi-com buddies virus. Looks like by late summer / fall Chi-Biden will have more virus blood on his hands than the stupid Dems claimed for THE DON.

Every morning i check to see if he is still in office as the train wreck of an administration will certainly pick up speed when Cumala gets her hand on the throttle

25-Jan-21
txhunter58....show me where in the constitution it says that as an ordinary citizen I'm obligated to "protect" you in any way shape or form. I am NOT obligated to protect you by wearing a mask, but you are welcome to protect yourself by wearing one...or simply stay at home if you wish.

25-Jan-21
So, in this state, for almost three full months, it’s been a government mandate to wear masks. To even buy a loaf of bread, buy gas in a store, snuff, food, tires, oil, lottery tickets, etc.... You get the point. It’s been the “law”.

Anyways, In that three month time the positive rate of the virus had exploded here versus previous months. So, I ask wilhille and anyone else preaching that “Masks are needed to save people’s lives.”, to explain that. I ask sincerely.

For months people have preached how important it is. I’ve watched those same people make blanket statements about science. I’ve watched them insinuate lack of intelligence to those that disagree. They’ve went as far as questioning others motives, their care for others, even their patriotism. And, they respond it’s only getting worse because people are selfish and won’t wear their masks. Ok, where is the wearing of masks curbing the positive rate?

Where is it that masks haven’t been mandated by petty municipality and state government over stepping their reach, that the virus didn’t increase in positive rates? It increased in New York under those guidelines, New Jersey, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio, Kentucky, Georgia, Florida, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, California, etc... So, I ask again, Where are these places at that masks have curbed the spread?

I’m a science guy too. And, I want to know where this has not been the case. I want to know why if masks are so effective, the positive rate has exploded since wearing them became law?

It seems to me that science is telling us that masks are at least ineffective to prevent the spread, if down right not contributing to the spread. That’s reality as I know it. That’s the reality that everyone is dealing with. Because it’s what is proving/proved to be the case every where. That’s the science of it until proven the hypothesis is invalid. So, prove it invalid or shut your hole about knowing what’s best. Because right now it just makes you look like a person with an agenda to suggest anything but masks increase transmission of Covid 19, If science is the guide you are using to base your opinion on.

I’ll wait for all the loving, caring responses from those that act as if they know more, care more, or even have an idea of what we should be doing besides the same flippin’ thing that isn’t working.

The only thing that’s going to stop this is herd immunity or everyone go home and not let anyone outside of their homes until the virus no longer has a host to transport on. Since that isn’t going to happen, we need to get grips on the fact that wearing a mask is not helping. Because it isn’t by the numbers we are seeing and, some people are quoting.

You can’t have it both ways. Just like you can’t quote flu rates and other sickness are less now because everyone is wearing a mask, then declare we are losing too many people because we aren’t wearing masks. Because that isn’t the case nor, has it been the case from the first time they were mandated. Almost a dang year ago.

Which is it fellas?

26-Jan-21
WV with a home run

26-Jan-21
I pick up international students at O'Hare in Chicago, and deliver them to the university they will attend. All have had to have a "test in hand" since late summer 2020. So I think this is new on the federal level and in application to USA citizens.

26-Jan-21
Let me guess wilhilly. You are a Lujan liberal who belongs to the NMWF and or the BHA and rely on what the enviros tell you to say and believe. My guess is not only do you love your mask, but you also hate oil and gas and capitalism.

26-Jan-21
“Don’t argue with an idiot, they will quickly drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”

Good advice.

26-Jan-21
Old folks homes should be a testament (controlled lab, if you will) to the fact that these masks aren't working to slow or eliminate the spread of Covid. Of all places where you would expect masks to work they aren't. The entire staff in these places are required to wear masks...and not the cute little cloth ones your granny sewed up for you, but the N95 ones. Many of these same people are wearing face shields over their masks. The people in their care are wearing masks and for the most part isolated in their rooms. Nobody in nobody out without a mask...IF you can even get in! Yet, these people are dying in above average numbers from Covid...Why is that? How is that even possible if "masks work"?!?!? I'm not saying we should throw caution to the wind and "let granny die", but I am asking that in a controlled environment with entire staff and population far more cognizant than the "average joe" about wearing masks why isn't the mask mandate working?

26-Jan-21
South Fork. Because wearing a mask simply does not work. I’m still waiting for someone who argues that masks are slowing or helping prevent the spread, to show me the science that backs that claim up. Yet time and again We see the science that proves the opposite such as what you’ve pointed out. On the subject of our elderly, how many did Cuomo send to their deaths and yet he receives awards for his handling of the Covid? Literally blows my mind.

26-Jan-21
Wilhillie, all I can tell you is that the Executive Order issued by the president says "federal land". You can twist and wiggle that however you want. I'm just quoting the EXACT wording of the EO. So unless USFS issues an exemption, anybody hunting turkeys or bears or fishing or hiking on federal land without an approved mask will be violating the Order. Interpret it as you wish.

26-Jan-21
You guys know why cases have exploded in the last 2-3 months just as well as I do. And it is NOT from getting exposed at work or the grocery store where people are wearing masks. It IS because people have gotten tired of it all and are having family and friend gatherings without masks. Thanksgiving and Christmas are the main culprits.

My brother, who lives in the same town as me, invited is to Christmas dinner. We declined because his college daughter was coming home for Christmas. She got up Christmas Eve with a fever and gave Covid to my brother and his wife. Also, my niece decided to go have a night out with 8 other women from her church. No one wore masks. All 8 came down with Covid, and all their spouses..... THAT is why this is exploding in the country. It’s not that masks don’t help.

So yes, I do believe in masks at work and at businesses, but you won’t see me driving or hiking with a mask

And if you don’t think this thing is significantly different than anything we have faced in the past, you just aren’t paying attention.

26-Jan-21
Oh Bullshit..

26-Jan-21
Really tx? I think it’s ludicrous. Is the Covid 19 virus hiding out in homes waiting on people to congregate? Because mandates says you are wrong about people not wearing masks. So, they wore them before the get together. They had to wear them after the get together. I guess the virus has been hiding in turkeys awaiting all those holiday gatherings. Because if masks worked, turkey would be the only place people could have gotten it from.

Once again, another science puppet of liberal politics stating what he thinks. Which is in absolute contradiction to real world results.

You gotta love it when science proclaimers dismiss real data to argue a point that has no results to justify it.

26-Jan-21
WV

Nope, it is not lurking in homes. But one person who was exposed/shedding virus brings it to those home gatherings and that is what is causing the explosion of cases

26-Jan-21

txhunter58's embedded Photo
txhunter58's embedded Photo
South Farm

Nope, not in the constitution. You are well within your rights to put other people at risk.

But your statement really shows that you don’t understand how a mask Is supposed to work. ME wearing a mask really doesn’t protect ME. It’s the infected person wearing a mask that limits the spread.

I give up. There are a lot of people out there that feel as you do. But there are a lot who have changed their tune, after someone close to them has a bad case or dies.

26-Jan-21
It's real simple....if you're scared, then stay home. I'm 68 years old, and I'm more afraid of dying by having some idiot on cell phone while driving cross the center line and go head on with me. Life is full of risks. Welcome to reality.

26-Jan-21
tx, a mask likely isn’t going to stop anyone from getting it from what we are seeing as current results. It didn’t stop me from getting it. And, it wouldn’t have stopped any of the people you’ve outlined from getting it obviously. Are you really willing to insist everyone of those people you insisted brought it in, weren’t wearing masks against mandates?

Distance and seclusion from people is the only thing that will up your odds for staying virus free. That’s the only thing that’s proven to work so far.

I’m tired of hearing people say it’s not helping you from catching it, it’s keeping you from spreading it. With country wide laws mandating mask wearing, one has to consider how it is that it’s spreading then? From personal observation and critically analyzing why counts are up while masks are mandated, I’d suggest that it has to do with people constantly touching that big virus catcher on their face, then touching surfaces others touch. Along comes the next guy who fiddles with his mask the same way. He touches the contaminated surface then fiddles with his mask. Bingo.

I don’t know, it just makes sense to me. Because that’s what I see. And, if you are honest, I don’t think people are any different then any where else. So, the same variables are present with a population wearing masks. What’s not debatable is claiming it’s non mask wearers when masks have been the law in public for months and months, is poking a finger in the dark.

If it’s your time, you are leaving here. And, this “pandemic” isn’t anything like you are playing it. You have a better chance of dying from almost every common task you complete daily then this virus killing you. But, it’s not reassuring to most to be told life has risks. Well, I got news for you, everyday life has much greater risks presented to every one then the risk this virus is posing. That’s a guaranteed fact. But, if you want to go on reciting things to make you feel better, go right ahead. But, I don’t know how anyone lives life in such fear. Just reciting what you’ve been told. Because it makes you feel better.

27-Jan-21
I understand perfectly how they say a mask is supposed to work...which is why I made the statement it is not my obligation to protect YOU. I served, did my time protecting the nation, but my obligation ended back in 89. If you believe so highly in mask use there is nothing preventing YOU from wearing one, but I don't. Oh and for the record, it didn't fall short on me that it was a white guy intentionally infecting a black lady in your diagram. Subtle, aren't ya..

27-Jan-21
News Release US - Canada reopening border talks begin today.... Border reopening issue is one of Bidens executive orders.

27-Jan-21
Dr. Fauci says that wearing two masks is "Common Sense". How would he know that?

27-Jan-21
Well hell, if two are better than one, then why not FOUR? Or even TEN!

Where do they FIND these idiots???

27-Jan-21
Liberal ideology.

27-Jan-21
Mask , Mask, everywhere a Mask. its just to simple and just a feel good unless there is uniformity in said mask and proper wearing of said mask.

the illustrated Bandana mask like so many other goofy useless iterations of THE MASK, are not very effective. Except for satisfying the minds of the Maskers. that's what really matters. Don't worry, be happy.

27-Jan-21
It will be interesting to see how any US - Canada border talks go. I assume that a post 1/26 wuhan virus test will still be required. If not, everyone abroad can just fly to Toronto, and cross at Niagara Falls, as long as they adhered to whatever rules were implemented.

27-Jan-21

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

27-Jan-21
It wouldn’t surprise. E to see that happen Jake. It wasn’t just the sensitive American that didn’t like Trump.

27-Jan-21

JL's Link
I was talking to a bud in FL a day or so back. He was saying the Gov is discouraging out of state/country folks running/flying to Florida just to get the virus shots. He mentioned New Englanders and Canadians make up a lot of that group. Folks were going to Florida just to get a shot. Their problem is unless they stay, they have to come back for the second one. I was surprised they are doing non-US citizens....unless there is some arrangement between those govts??

28-Jan-21
I take this stuff every bit as seriously as those in power who toss down mask rules from above, shut down businesses and destroy families who lose homes from it. Every bit as serious.

I take it every bit as seriously as the CA governor, Nancy Pelosi, Austin Mayor and dozens and dozens of others in charge of the rules and shutdowns who go out to dinner parties, tropical vacations, get their hair done at salons they had a hand in shutting down...... and thousands upon thousands of rioters, looters and arsonists who marched arm and arm across the country all summer while those in charge, those in power said THAT was OK and actually encouraged it. People who take off that mask as soon as the camera shuts off. People who have two sets of rules, one for them and one for you. I do take it seriously. Very seriously. I want their rules instead of mine......

This crap scares me far more than any virus. If it's THAT deadly then flipping act like it. But they don't. Not a damn one of them. What does that tell you? I know what it tells me.... and pizzed doesn't even hardly start.....

28-Jan-21
TD x2. Yet puppets eat it up. “I need my shot. “. Americans have become pathetic. As long as they don’t get sick, it’s all good. SMH.

28-Jan-21
China and ISIS like orgs found our weak spot. This is just the beginning.

02-Feb-21
I am hoping that if I have the vaccine, I would be able to cross. Crossing my fingers.

02-Feb-21
So let me see if I understand this. Along with the travel restrictions, now I’m hearing we are moving our border walls around DC and putting armed troops there? Boy those dems sure got that wrong didn’t they? They started pushing a narrative that Trump would have to be forcibly removed if he lost the election. Obviously that wasn’t the case. Now the Trump supporters are more dangerous than Isil and the Taliban? How is that? Wait.......you mean if you try to infringe on their second amendment and take their guns they will defend their freedom to the death? So you are placing Minute Men around the capitol to defend tyranny? I’m not an educated person but something seems amiss here. Like freedom and these politicians working for its people. Seems this bunch wants to rule rather than work for We The People......

02-Feb-21
For those getting vaccines, is there a national card or some paper record given? How would the Canadian Border know who is vaccinated or not? I don't see it...I'm guessing IF the border opens, you will have to have a pre-test to even show up, but I've been wrong before..

02-Feb-21
So what happened to the 10's of thousands that died from the flu every year ? Indoctrination has been busy at work for the last 30 or 40 years through the school systems and university levels. Your not going to change the minds of people raised this way. I have heard the saying ( One world Order ) for years and am starting to think that is where we are headed.

• Sitka Gear