Bear whisperer 29-Jan-21
FlingingArrows 29-Jan-21
25-Jan-21

spike buck's embedded Photo

25-Jan-21

Now, I am not advertising as I am without any openings for our whitetail hunts till 2023!!! Booked up!!

25-Jan-21

2020 Buck
2020 Buck

26-Jan-21

26-Jan-21

2020 Buck....
2020 Buck....

26-Jan-21

2009 buck
2009 buck

26-Jan-21

26-Jan-21
Spike, are your property lines and two-tracks well marked and/or posted?

If there was a boom in guides around Dryden to handle the NR DIY-ers.....they're no longer NR DIY-ers....right?

26-Jan-21
I have every east west North and south boundaries marked on all our deeded lands.... have to. Many deer guides were all fly by night. Many NR DIYers came and had no idea or where to start their hunt. Low and behold there was a tailgate guide ready to go for them.

Can still DIY... I hope that when and if the DIYers come back they respect a province that accepts them...

26-Jan-21
Spike, You are painting with a pretty broad brush. I was a diy NR alien hunter And hunted Unit 8 from 2006-2010. I don’t doubt what you say happened, but my group of 4 hunters only killed mature bucks and respected Canadian law. I killed 3 bucks over that period of time, all on crownland, all dressed well over 200lbs., and 2 made into the FROW record book. 1 netted 154 6/8”, 140” and the 3rd grossed 145+” but actually scored as a twelve point with many deductions otherwise it too would have made the book. We were stopped routinely while driving to and from our cabin into the bush. Never had any trouble with the law. The biggest problem I saw with NR, is since it was legal to party hunt, many VT hunters who hunted in large groups, killed every legal buck they saw. One group I met had 12 in their group. So all 12 could keep hunting until they filled their tags. I did see many locals doing nothing but road hunting, and other resident Canadians shooting many does because they had antlerless permits. NR aliens could not shoot does. Shooting does in that area didn't help the herd much.

26-Jan-21
^....interesting perspective.

26-Jan-21
I agree with Squash...I've followed you Spike for years on here, nobody better in the bear hunting business as far as I'm concerned, but you are definately painting with a broad brush as it applies to DIY whitetale hunters. I've hunted off and on for whitetales near Minaki for many many years...with and without a guide...and here's what I've noticed. Number one, the Benoits lost a TON of respect from me as so-called "doggers" when I ran into them at a camp and their trucks were filled with corn and hanging stands. Maybe they were great trackers once upon a time, but apparently no convictions when it comes time to sell books and videos. The method they employed was completely legal, no issues there, but they certainly were misleading their cult following by leading them to believe the only method they used was tracking...you don't bring corn and stands if you're some great tracker.

Secondly, MANY MANY MANY of the out of province DIY guys in that area around Kenora were from Winnipeg area, and not the USA. So to insinuate otherwise seems rather condescending and insulting.

Thirdly, in that area it is EXTREMELY difficult to camp on crown land even though it's open for hunting, due to the regulation that prohibits camping less than 1KM from roads. We scouted our asses off to find the place where we camped...water access only which limited our ability to access late season, to a degree. I don't think most guys realize how hard it is to get 1KM as the crow flies off the roads. When you're in NW Ontario everywhere feels like the middle of nowhere until you pull out the map and measure!

Lastly, I'm not saying there isn't non-residents doing things they shouldn't and contributing to what's obviously left a bad taste and poor disregard by you for them, but the BIGGEST contributing factor I've seen through the years up there leading to a lower quality hunt isn't misbehaving non-residents nearly to the extent it is to fly-by-night so-called outfitters. You do it right, you're legitimate in my opinion, and you offer quality hunts...which is why anything that detracts from a quality hunt REALLY doesn't sit well with you, BUT HAVING SAID THAT you need to have a discussion with your MNR on restricting who can offer hunts. Every tom dick and harry that owns a cabin for rent up there is offering hunts...and MANY of them are Ontario residents trying to extend their season and drive revenue. They absolutely saturate the area with hunters, thinking nothing of the resource. If they have a bed to sell by God they'll do it! Many of these bad apples you have run-ins with are legally staying with an Ontario operator...so maybe that is where you should direct your ire. Hard to hate guys flocking to an area because those of your own business paint a rosey picture of huge bucks and endless wilderness with low hunter pressure. I saw the same thing in Minnesota during the fall bear hunt...guys from Wisconsin would buy a cheap guide license and saturate public land with low-cost bear hunts. Finally Minnesota go their act together and regained a quality hunt on public land.

Anyway, maybe covid will stick around and keep the border closed; then you'll have NW Ontario all to yourself and not have to worry about non-residents screwing things up..

26-Jan-21

26-Jan-21
Fair enough; we all wish that wherever we hunt.

26-Jan-21
Just for the record, I forgot to state, those of us in my group of NR never did any baiting. We killed bucks snow or not. We are from the Adirondack region of NY, and baiting is not allowed, so we are used to not hunting over bait. Tracking,(dogging as you call it) still hunting, and watching pinch points, is how we did it. Spike , I got to know a large group of Ontario residents from St. Catherine’s, Ontario, a long ways from Dryden. They came primarily for moose, but all had doe permits and did not hesitate shooting them. I will agree NW Ontario was the best kept secret in the whitetail hunting world until the Benoit’s came along. And I have to admit after talking with them at a outdoor show in Syracuse, NY, I decided to hunt NW Ontario. But I had a neighbor whose wife is Canadian and she had relation in Dryden, and they helped me immensely to make my hunting there a success.

26-Jan-21
Like I said Squash.... the omnrf issued only a certain amount of doe tags. The balance between doe to bucks was getting out of hand. Does needed to be harvested to correct ratio!!

26-Jan-21

Spring 2020 at camp...
Spring 2020 at camp...
Just to mention.... the ratio between doe and buck is "now" right where it should be. For the first time in 15 years I saw more bucks than does this year.

26-Jan-21
Man I’m confused

26-Jan-21
Are natives operating as deer guides? If so, who controls them?

26-Jan-21
Ok I'm confused what's a Benoit’s???

26-Jan-21
I’m not sure what this guy is trying to say in this thread..

26-Jan-21
Do a search on Benoit (I think they were brothers). Several years ago I watched them on TV a few times. Appeared to be darn good trackers / hunters.

26-Jan-21

26-Jan-21
IMO, If a hunter hired a tail gate guide, I wouldn’t consider them to be a diy’ers. I was a diy’er never hired a guide.

The Dryden buck I think started the hunting gold rush to NW Ontario. Then the Benoit’s and Hal Blood. Hard to believe there are whitetail hunters who have never heard of the Benoit’s ? Love them or hate them one can’t argue with their success. While I hunted there , Hal Blood of Maine was hunting there too. (Big Woods Bucks) I met him at the cabin he rented at Eagle Lake. Nice guy good hunter.

26-Jan-21
I hunted zone 6 diy ...Tracking. from 2005 to 2014... No private land to cross there....the benoits hunted the same spots. The problem is the VT guys that follow them. They shoot everything. Wolves and winter killed our area. In the end there were not many deer left ...The Indianson reservation who became our friends will confirm.......The biggest issue wehad was the guides who baited every stand

26-Jan-21
I’m not sure what this guy is trying to say in this thread..

26-Jan-21
I’m from Maine, I remember a few years back everyone and their brother headed your way to track bucks. Now they don’t go, and they blame they wolves.

26-Jan-21
Our deer population in WMU#8 has increased in the last 3 years. Wolves are still here.... so it wasn't the wolves. NR "GUN" DIYers were almost non existant in WMU#8 last 3 years. We were the only ones in the field offering guided hunts.

26-Jan-21
I hunted Ontario near Nestor Falls in 2005 and 2006 DIY both times. I killed a 233 pound, 140 class 10 point in '05 and only saw a couple small bucks in '06 so I didn't shoot anything. I don't bait but I saw residents who were baiting. Not sure if I'm part of the problem or not... That's okay, I'd rather bowhunt in Kansas, Iowa or Missouri than gun hunt in Canada anyway...

26-Jan-21

26-Jan-21
Hey what's going on Chris? Is this just a thread to tell anyone from the US that they can't hunt in Ontario because of a few bad apples? I spend time in NW Ontario, and my cousin lives there as well. Pretty sure there is just as many bad hunters there as here in Manitoba. Rampant poaching and not by americans. We've got plenty of our own problem people no need to go insulting the random yankee. Honestly I too fail to see the real purpose of this thread.

If you are upset at American poachers and want to talk to them #1) Do you really think bowsite is the avenue that is best to get your message to that type of person and #2) as a person that relies on mainly american hunters for a living; is insulting the average american a good business decision? I think you're a well respected bear guide on here, I just don't see the value in this thread for you. Respectfully spoken, all the best. I know times are really tough for outfitters these days. Adam

26-Jan-21

26-Jan-21
The only one to blame is the MNRF they don’t have a clue how to manage wildlife in Ontario

26-Jan-21
Same way I feel about Illinois people :) That was quite a rant about NR though.

26-Jan-21
I was interested in doing an outfitted hunt but honestly, is it still safe for Americans to hunt deer in Ontario ? I’ve heard some stories of hunters being harassed and threatened over in the Kenora area. Now this thread is giving me additional concerns. Last thing I want is confrontation in a foreign country.

26-Jan-21
It is very safe right now.... Hardly anyone in the forest hunting!!

26-Jan-21
I'm not condoning what these nonresident DIY'ers did or didn't do but it sounds like you're putting all the blame on the non-resident DIY'ers for the tailgate outfitter situation. When in reality don't the resident tailgate outfitters deserve at least half the blame for the problem? It seems obvious that if the resident unethical outfitters weren't providing the service there wouldn't be that option for the non-resident DIY'er.

If it gets really bad you can always come to the US and hunt almost anywhere you want on public land DIY without a guide. You might have to figure out how to hunt without bait though...

26-Jan-21
I am a Still & Spot and stalker myself!!! Deer baits are boring...

27-Jan-21
What's in the sauce? I've hunted NW Ontario a couple times, definitely wasn't a deer hunting Mecca when I was there. I'm hoping it's improved as I'd like to give it another try after the borders open up.

27-Jan-21
Spike, with all due respect, it seems you are just opposed to the fact that Unit 8 NR hunters do not need to hire a guide or outfitter. If I had to hire a guide to hunt NW Ontario I would never hunt there, I’d go to Sask., or Alberta instead. Given the current border closure, and other unfriendly tactics the Canadian Gov. imposes on US hunters,(ie. Guntax at the border ) I’ll be spending my $ in the states.

You are correct, I am one of the NR that blamed dwindling deer herd on wolves, but also I blamed hard winters and over harvest of young bucks by NR. But as far as the wolf and winter issue, that is what the outfitter that I rented the cabin from told me. And you said you knew them well and they were good people.

27-Jan-21
Ya lost me spike. I've enjoyed your posts through the years and learned a lot about bear hunting, but honestly if you are purposely trying to alienate customers from the USA you're doing a hell of a job. Maybe you've been drinking, maybe you're having a mental breakdown, maybe you're gambling the border will never open and you can run your mouth speaking derogatorily towards non-residents, but whatever it is I've lost all respect for you and if you go under all you have to do is look in the mirror. Plenty of other outfits in Ontario that will welcome and appreciate our business.

I'm out..best of luck to ya.

27-Jan-21
I don't drink, smoke pot and have an stable mind, but you Southfarm aka Croixbaby, I have my doubts.. by the way southfarm you just changed your handle I see.... why??

27-Jan-21
So spike buck do you think it's all tulips and roses in the states on public land? The same problems are here as there. I think you may have hurt your reputation to some and some will stand behind you. Just my 2 cents

27-Jan-21
I have no skin in this game and I've never hunted in Ontario but one thing that strikes me is that these DIYers you are talking about are mostly rifle hunters, yes? If so, why in the world would you come to a site dedicated to archery hunting to bitch about them?

27-Jan-21
In the area I hunted it was 30 below for 30 Straight days That and wolves killed the deer. Not NR hunters

27-Jan-21
Then why is the population of Whitetails here on the increase in WMU#8 Scott. Wolves still here, always have been for centuries. DIYers are gone, gave up because now they have to work to fill their tags!!

Boone, a "Majority" agree with me, a very "small" minority of gun hunters ( Southfarm aka croixbaby) disagree!!

Bowhunters are not the issue Stickit... just a "small minority" of rifle and DIY deer hunters. Why bring it to the site you ask?? every time NW Ontario deer comes up on this site, gun hunters here, know it alls, are always quick blame the demise of the deer here on the wolves. My previous posts on this thread counters the wolf theory!!

27-Jan-21
Is the point your making the same issue Colorado has with NR OTC elk especially the ones from the Northeast? LOL

27-Jan-21
Spike bull. To say wolves had no part is ignorant. Of course wolves had a hand in it. I don’t know anything about zone 8 but in zone 6 winter and wolves knocked off the deer .... period ...In 2014 we had snow for a week and only came across 2 tracks in an area that at one time is loaded. So maybe your bs might work on people that went once but since I was there for 10 years I saw it first hand. And I was right where the Benoit’s were at Wilson’s.

27-Jan-21
If MNRF was smart they wouldn’t open the season for non resident, the same way is in south Ontario

27-Jan-21
Scott, I already said wolves had a part in the population decline. Reread my posts...*** to say the swarms of "GUN" DIYers had no part in the decline is ignorant!!

27-Jan-21
Why not Skull??

27-Jan-21
The area I've hunted near Minaki is 100% water access only...unless you are some herculean DIY guy that can walk in and set up a camp 25 miles in, crossing numerous rivers, swamps, and lakes to get there. There is no road access in that area for a LONG WAYS, and the outfitter that used to operate in that area only offered 6 hunts a season...some of those hunts to guys from Manitoba, not the states (GASP!). There was never any pressure to speak of in this area, and yet the deer population, especially the big buck population, has plummeted to the point that we seldom see deer any more, and the outfitter quit offering the limited hunts he once did several years ago. The point I'm trying to make is this is a vast area that once held MANY large bucks, has almost ZERO human pressure, and now it's a complete barren wasteland of next to no deer...so you tell me what's changed? There's also hardly any moose and the area once had way more of those. Kind of hard to blame the loss of moose on NR DIY guys, as DIY moose hunts isn't and hasn't been an option in the area for a long long long time. Maybe there's just a bermuda triangle of sorts that likes to swallow up large ungulates in this area..

27-Jan-21
Why give away something that you have, there is already enough pressure from hard winter, resident hunters, wolf's, native, poachers, MNRF need to be smart about wild life I’m not blaming hunters, the result of this is really poor management

27-Jan-21
Southfarm AKA CROIXBABY, area #6 had a stable population of whitetails. Whitetails were roaming area 6 for many decades, way before you ever showed up. Wolves were not just invented Mid 2000's. Always been there. I know and you know any increase of hunters in a area with only a "stable" deer population, the population will be vulnerable. You might have been hunting by lake but there are major road networks all over the Minaki area. I have 2 Bear Management area's N of Kenora in area 6 next to Wilsons camp... I am aware.

Moose were affected by brain worm (deer), bears ( closed spring hunt for 18 yrs) and yes wolves.

27-Jan-21
spike buck.....if you reread i said the vermonters shooting anything were part of the decline nut not all.....we had very little pressure by our spot and all the deer are gone....too bad i enjoyed those vast big woods

27-Jan-21
In the area I hunted by Nestor Falls it was such big country with so much water and miles and miles of nearly inaccessible wild Canadian bush. Hunters didn't get that far off the road or very far into the bush. Not saying it's impossible but it's hard to imagine non-resident hunters only shooting bucks putting that much of a dent in the population. It seems more likely that severe winters, wolves and antlerless harvest would have more impact.

I know in northern Wisconsin where we get very deep lake effect snow, the deer survived for decades thru severe winters. Yes their numbers declined after severe winters but it wasn't until the wolf population got so high that the deer population was decimated.

27-Jan-21
OMNRF allows only a certain amount of anterless tags to keep buck to doe ratio in balance. So no problem there. Less hunting pressure, predator control, deer population rebounding well here.

We can trap and harvest wolves. Because of predator control our wolves are kept in check and always were kept in check... Now Northern Wisconsin, there is no taking of wolves. Your deer population is being devastated. Include doe hunting and hunter pressure in the equation, will take many years for northern wisconsin deer to rebound. 2021 will be the first year in how many years.

I have a white and a brownish colored wolf hitting a bait right now. As soon as the loggers move off the property I am going in to get them. Lack of snow is making it hard for the wolves to run the deer down. Have some good pics of them on trail cam.

I would think most of the wolf quota in your state will be taken by trapping. I hear trapping is what was most successfull during the last hunt. I think you guys filled all your tags pretty quickly last you had a wolf season. Got to harvest them to get your numbers of deer back...

27-Jan-21
WOW Spike, nothing like shooting yourself in the foot ....... you can bet you are loosing a lot of potential NR customers. The more you come back on here and post, the deeper you dig.

You can bet if I was looking for a guide in your area and I read this thread ... I would look elsewhere. Sorry but you lost all respect from this NR.

27-Jan-21

28-Jan-21
I keep dabbling on this thread, reading comments and still not sure why you are at the bowsite bitching about gun hunters.. doesn’t seem to resonate and honestly you are really coming off as an ego maniac and a-hole.. why?

28-Jan-21

28-Jan-21
Spike.....I too have been watching this thread as I was curious. I love following your bear threads....great stuff right there!

I'll shoot straight with ya on this thread....I'm not sure what your exact goal was with this thread. Maybe frustrated with the DIY-ers pushing the deer? Maybe mad because the DIY-ers didn't book a hunt with you? Maybe the tailgate guides were taking business away from ya? Maybe a combo of all three?

Are you trying to change a behavior or just venting? There's nothing wrong with venting...many folks do it here.

Last thought.....I suspect some of your fellow Canadian outfitters/guides on here have been working your PM inbox. You might be making them a little nervous and/or ruffling some of their feathers?? Just a guess...

However things play out...good hunting this upcoming year.

28-Jan-21
No PM's from outfitters!!

Our deer hunts have always been busy and will be into the future. Yes DIYers tried to move in my set up sites many times. Kicked many a trespasser (DIYer) off my land.

WHAT PISSED me off most was "GUN" DIYers, not all, going to tailgate guides. Not paying taxes. Knowing the tailgaters will not pay income tax. Very counter productive. While all my hunters paid their fair share to the province that invites them. Revenuers did get the tailgaters in the end.

Threads on bowsite bad mouth Ontario deer hunting , wolves killing all the deer. They are so wrong. The truth must bother them I guess. Reason for this thread.

I speak my mind.... I have never been known to tip toe around. Apparently a few posters on Bowsite don't like that.

28-Jan-21
Wouldn’t it be the mnr fault for allowing the tags rather than the guys filling the tags ? Shooting small bucks does not hurt the deer herd shooting does does which a nr can’t do

As far as the deer here coming back the forest cycles and without bad bad winters they come back. It will never be what it once was ...I hope it does come back

28-Jan-21
Maybe you should focus your frustration on your MNR ?

28-Jan-21
Yes jax, the MNR could address all of Spike's concerns concerning DIY gun hunters, but perhaps they don't puruse the pages of BOWSITE looking for things to fix.

Anyway this thread does not sit well with me as I've spent the majority of my life fishing and hunting all over Ontario. Met some great people, enjoyed some awesome scenery, and even got lucky and caught some big fish a time or two, but I can tell you right now if that border ever does open up again I won't step foot across it. I've spent my last Canadian half-cent in that place thanks to Spike. How the hell one guy could come here and purposely alienate so many with his whimsical judgements is beyond me? I honestly hope you go tits up Spike; you'll only have yourself to blame.

28-Jan-21
If the border ever reopens I'll resume my DIY fishing trips to Ontario, camping on Crown Land and letting the resident guides and outfitters bitch about me, lol!

28-Jan-21
Just got back from wolf hunting....

LOL, South Farm AKA Croixbaby .... shouldn't wish ill gain on someone, KARMA will get you!! Don't hold your breath, all my camps are paid for in "FULL"....

Why would OMNRF be to blame for the problem.... they were just offering an opportunity for DIYers to come and do their own hunt. Revenuers job...

Back in 2006, I had a phone meeting with revenue Canada on the issue of locals tailgating. They said there were quite a few complaints rolling in. In due time he said.

Next thing you know I get a letter stating I was being audited.... I was fine with that. Our hunters paid their fair share and was submitted on time along with my income tax.

After the audit was done. No issues found. I asked him, " I was the one who complained, why me"?

His answer: he said that they were going to be doing a blitz on the under ground economy. First thing the Tailgaiters will ask the auditor... " Why me?? Go after the bigger Outfits". Now they can answer the tailgaters by saying. "Already did that, your turn!!". The tail gaiters disappeared almost instantly.

Tailgaiters were supported by some DIYers coming to hunt on their own. When they arrived, they realized that they had no idea where to go and knowing they can save big by by-passing on taxes and paying meager amounts to Tailgaiters, who skipped income taxes. Very counter productive to the population of Ontario's deer population and our economy!!

Again, I speak my mind.... I see some don't like it.

A Majority agree with me, the loud "MINORITY" on bowsite disagree!!!

28-Jan-21
Says you...

28-Jan-21
I would guess if you took a legit poll you may be surprised at how many are in the “Loud Minority” as you put it. Count me in that camp by the way.

28-Jan-21
Who is the majority that agrees with you?

South Farm one guy vents on Bowsite and you’re not going to visit Canada ever again? Really? That’s gonna be your loss and won’t affect anyone but you.

28-Jan-21
Boy this thread makes me miss the community forum.

28-Jan-21
Why would OMNRF be to blame for the problem.... they were just offering an opportunity for DIYers to come and do their own hunt. Revenuers job...

And destroy the deer herds ??? Is that how you manage the wild life? Kill every single deer, excellent work MNRF

28-Jan-21
South Farm, when I started this thread, I had no idea you were one of the DIYers I was talking about.

I deleted most of my post as I saw it was being twisted to suit certain bowsiters agenda, which usually happens on Bowsite. But you changed your handle Southfarm to Croixbaby today!!! Some have "TENDER FEELINGS" ..

The "SILENT" majority agree with me!!

28-Jan-21
I'm mostly confused by the #1 complaint being DIY hunters use fly-by-night outfitters. By definition, that means they aren't DIY hunters.

I love NW Ontario and very much miss that country since the pandemic started. I'm 100% DIY up there and I'll be back as soon as I can when the border restrictions are gone. No poster on Bowsite could ever keep me away. I can't wait for my kids to experience it, hopefully this summer, but more likely next.

28-Jan-21
Spike, you have no f'n idea who I am or what I've shot or where I've shot it up there, above and beyond what I've said here...so stfu already. I've never shot a doe there in my life, never done any of the crap you're pissing and moaning about, and every buck I ever shot went on the wall and was taken fair chase and 100% legal...and I busted my ass to get 'em. You are for sure pissing up the wrong rope.

For the record it's REALLY difficult to take you serious when you ERASE AND CENSOR the parts of your post that reveal just how crazy and condescending you really are, stating that the "overwhelming majority" are on your side because you "speak the truth". Maybe the self-preservation lightbulb finally went off up there in your head, but to me you sound like a friggin lunatic with an axe to grind. Anyway, you had me fooled, but if you intended to ruffle feathers then good for you because you found something you're good at.

28-Jan-21
I've bowhunter NW Ontario without an outfitter. The area is beautiful, massive hunting areas, I enjoyed it a lot. I shot my first Canadian buck in NW Ontario. The OP complains of things that everyone has dealt with and are common occurrences. Hunters that are able to hunt in unpressured states / provinces are very privileged, they often become spoiled, I've seen it happen before. And when things change, like a population decline or an increase of attention to their area, the spoiled become angry at others, blaming them for contributing to the unwanted changes. Everything changes, and its normally not any fault of an individual circumstance, its life. However some people have to have an excuse for everything and to complain and about. Personally, I don't see myself going back to NW Ontario to deer hunt anymore with how good most states are right now. Much much better opportunities for numbers and quality in multiple areas here now.

28-Jan-21
I don’t get how if the deer population declined is because of non resident hunters how that can’t be the mnr fault. They control the pop with how many tags are issued....if the pop took a hit due to hunters then clearly too many tags issued.

29-Jan-21
I'm with South Farm with this entire thread...

29-Jan-21

I am a staunch supporter of the US of A and American people... Welcome to Canada when the border opens!!!

Peace!!

29-Jan-21

"Peace"...

29-Jan-21
Spike buck x2

29-Jan-21
Chris does not need me to speak, but I will. I will say that as far as Chris's stance on America and American's has always been forthright. I do believe his intent in this entire post is being misconstrued. interpreted, and written from all angles. If you ever enter Pine Acres your first sight will be an American flag flying proud and true. I do not even remember seeing a Canadian flag on many occasions.

29-Jan-21
Now if he would only fly a DIY’er flag we’ll all be good. ?? LOL

29-Jan-21
I was going to say when Screwball was there it must have been American Week. When the Canadians were there for the week the Canadian colors were flying. Smart business!

(Yes...that is for humor)

29-Jan-21
I am really at a loss at how this thread turned into what it has. I personally know Chris and his staff and I can tell you they are more American than most people I know. They are also very much more by the book individuals when it comes to game and fish laws. Chris lets nothing slide. He's a perfectionist when it comes to his work and his work just happens to be based around hunting, wildlife and also people. They make their living this way. I understand the frustration they'd have if someone resident or non was threating their way of life by breaking laws. I am also quite sure had this entire conversation taken place face to face everyone would have walked away with a totally different perspective and probably some new friends. God Bless and good hunting!

29-Jan-21
Sounds like Spike just needs spokesperson or a speech writer, lol!

29-Jan-21
I thought I knew Chris too. Had great admiration for the guy from reading his posts all these years, and if you read my very first post you can see I even gave him the benefit of the doubt. But apparently Chris doesn't care for differing view points and decided somewhere along the line that he knew me and decided to lump me into whatever category of wrong-doers he's upset with. He could've taken the high road, but instead he chose to attack and continue to belittle...and when the bandwagon didn't fill up in his favor as fast as he'd hoped he instead chose to DELETE most of the posts where he really stuck his foot in his mouth. I don't care how many American flags he flies at his hunting camp, but in America we kind of frown on censorship...or at least we used to.

Too any extent, this is my last post on the subject. I already admitted he pushed my buttons and I'm not going to rehash the reasons why. I sincerely believe it's bad business to bite the hand that feeds you, but that's his deal...and I hope it catches up with him. For the rest that had to witness the train wreck, I'm sorry. Carry on..

29-Jan-21

.... Peace!!

29-Jan-21
Chris is more American than Canadian! I have been to Chris’s a handful of times wolf deer bear he cares about the environment and the animals that live In it! Anyone that says they would not book with him because of what the read here is foolish! I’ve spent my time at plenty of outfitters and they blow smoke up your ass from the first phone call! I’m not defending the whole people shooting deer stuff I don’t live there and don’t have a clue what goes on with all that but every time I have been to his outfit he has treated us great!

29-Jan-21
Well, I can't wait to get back up to Pine Acres to do some bear hunting. I've hunted with Chris for at least 4 yrs...Great hunter, consider him a friend....I would dare say he's more American and watches our politics than I do by far. He's a good guy...maybe misunderstood in all this that's what I don't like about forums....lol talking is better..

• Sitka Gear