Ermine 30-Jan-21
Pole Mtn 30-Jan-21
kentuckbowhnter 31-Jan-21
Jaquomo 31-Jan-21
Missouribreaks 31-Jan-21
stykzz 02-Feb-21
IdyllwildArcher 02-Feb-21
26-Jan-21
Well they are now trying to eliminate bear hunting here. Some counties are over run with bears.

26-Jan-21
It's the democrat way. more to come unfortunately.

26-Jan-21
It's California what do you expect.

26-Jan-21
"Feelings"...not science...get used to it !

26-Jan-21
Predators eventually win the hearts of voters and game managers. Predators partially replace you, and that is the objective.

26-Jan-21
bingo!! that is the plan across the blue states.

26-Jan-21
California bear hunt was on my bucket list.

26-Jan-21
Go to the right elevations where there is a ton of food for them and they will be there. Early am and late evening they will be out gorging themselves. Find a warden and he can let you in on places. Tahoe basin has some monsters but there’s also some moron bear advocates up there. There’s two varieties of round berry like fruit they love. One looks like a large Blueberry with coffee beans like seeds. Late summer those bushes willow like leaves will be turning yellow. At higher elevations there are bushes with orangish red berries that look like salmon eggs. Some years there are tons of them ripening. X7A has areas like that. Guys I know have glassed 8-12 bears a day in the early am. I took in two bears from there two guys got that were close to 500 pounds. Both died down in a steep canyon. Two young construction workers spent 9 hours getting one out and 8 on the other. Might as well have burned their soaked greasy clothes up.

26-Jan-21
First lions, then bobcat, now bear. Good grief! I need to get out of this state. Ready and able, just can’t decide where. Have kids in Idaho and Utah. Hmmmm.

26-Jan-21
While they’re at it, maybe they can unleash some wolves.........

26-Jan-21
Next will be deer. Then ducks. Then no more hunting.

26-Jan-21
its coming to a state near you.

26-Jan-21
Buts its ok to vote for that party I'm told. Hmmmm

26-Jan-21
Its a war fellas and we are under attack. City creatures are the enemy. If you are an American you need to pull your head out of the sand. How do we fight this?

26-Jan-21
They use science when it suits them and ignore it when it doesn’t suit them.

26-Jan-21
Butcherboy, when’s the last time they used science? Lol

27-Jan-21

Pole Mtn's Link
If you live in CA reach out to your representative. This is clearly an attempt from a wealthy white priveleged San Francisco senator to deprive CA minorities and financially underpriveleged of affordable healthy lean protein in their diets.

27-Jan-21
midwest, your bucket's been tipped over by the bunnyhuggers and sympathizers.

27-Jan-21
The saddest part here is that feelings will more than likely win over the "science" presented by modern biologists. Funny how science only works in the arguments they present concerning covid......

27-Jan-21

Huntskifishcook's embedded Photo
Huntskifishcook's embedded Photo
That is the senators contact info. Light his phone line up!

27-Jan-21
All in favor of California succeeding and forming their own country, raise your hand.

27-Jan-21
Huh. I was told right here we would lose hunting because of crossbows, baiting and high fences...... had nothing to do with leftist anti-hunters, they are in such a minority.....

Thanks much for the contact info. I've eaten a couple of CA bear tags the last few years, so I'm in their system and will have my say. Try and do what I can to see to it I get more chances to eat a bear instead....

27-Jan-21
recallgavin.com

27-Jan-21
Such a joke, then this crap spews out over the rest of the country like a virus from Cal. The media is to blame for a lot of it also because they are so Liberal it makes me puke. I had to stop watching anything on networks. Sad times for sure.

27-Jan-21
They introduced a bill to outlaw trapping in CT. There’s no end to this madness. Best you can do is move out or buy some property in a red state with enough votes to stave off the woke invasion until the philosophy invades that state too. We’re losing the long game.

27-Jan-21
Colorado has become Cali-lite. Bears, lions and bobcats are all in the crosshairs. The governor's "husband", an ardent ARA, has nominated an animal rights attorney to the Wildlife Commission and is tasked with selecting candidates for upcoming vacancies.

I'm sure glad I lived most of my hunting life during the "glory days" before all this insanity crawled up out of the sewer.

27-Jan-21
I have for several years thought that if anyone chasing a slam wanted a Tule, they better book that and get it done. . . . I think it will be gone forever in 10-20 years.

27-Jan-21
Isn't California state animal the Grizzly Bear on thier flag? I think Wyoming should send them some Grizzlies to manage since there so cute and cuddly.

27-Jan-21
We need smart people with computers and social media savvy to fight back. Guns and bullets are old school. Time to go Matrix on their assess...

27-Jan-21
Somehow there needs to be more positive commercials or programs on national TV so people have both sides. Right now the media clues in and explodes, falsely may I say, anything to do with hunting, trapping and fishing. Some of the movies I watch with my wife just make me laugh or get really pissed the way's they portray hunting and hunters. I just saw one where they had a sign in the woods that it is a hunting area, blaze orange required, and of coarse there were bullets just flying. Just stupid.

27-Jan-21
Still blows my mind there are, so called, hunters on this forum who vote in the liberals who introduce the vast majority of these bills to ban or restrict hunting, gun ownership, etc.

27-Jan-21
X4353 Midwest

27-Jan-21
I also am glad I came of hunting age in the time of free America. I'm reaching the twilight of life, but fear for the future of my son, and his!

Use your vote wisely!

27-Jan-21
Oh and the Presidency and both houses of Congress aren't going to cut it. They will be changing the Supreme Court even though Joe said it was a "bonehead" idea.

27-Jan-21
The party of science they say. CA has a worsening bear problem, and banning hunting them is no way to address it.

27-Jan-21

Matt's Link
"California's black bear population has increased over the past 25 years. In 1982, the statewide bear population was estimated to be between 10,000 and 15,000. Presently, the statewide black bear population is conservatively estimated to be between 30,000 and 40,000."

27-Jan-21
Maybe with their own stupidity, CAians may contribute to bears, cougars and bobcats outnumbering their own citizens someday.....hahaha.

28-Jan-21
I think central and southern U.S. states and central Canadian provinces and the Territories should join up and form a country. Give the north-eastern and western coasts the heave-ho and watch them eventually go broke and implode. First thing I would do as Primesident is ban any information, television or movies coming from Hollywood. Actng will be outlawed as it attracts 99% liberal lefties who i blame for the decay of society and the crime of gross idiocy.

28-Jan-21
Wouldn't they all Sh$# if a bunch of us with jack hammers, dynamite and equipment started working on the andreas fault!!! They have always said Cali will fall into the ocean someday.

28-Jan-21
Where are the bowsite Democrats to offer their response to this?

28-Jan-21
Democrats should not be on a hunting forum. They are all anti hunters, per their vote. Their vote defines them, period.

28-Jan-21
Isaiah 59:14,15. “And judgement is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter. Yea, truth faileth; and he that departed from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased Him that there was no judgement.” - sounds like a description of present day America.

If we as a nation don’t turn back to God, we as a nation are cooked. Those that don’t learn from history....

-Mitch

28-Jan-21
I agree with that Missouri!!! I have to laugh anytime I am talking to someone about hunting and then find out they are a democrat? Just no common sense there at all.

28-Jan-21
Lack of common sense is on the Democrat platform Live2hunt.

28-Jan-21
It's going to get worse!!

28-Jan-21
Rob Nye for President !!

28-Jan-21
If people from California keep voting in these liberal &@#$*& politicians then people from California shouldn’t be allowed to hunt anywhere in the US but California. What a screwed up state !!

28-Jan-21
We’re not all crazy, just out numbered. More and more conservatives are leaving everyday, so not much hope in changing the circling of the drain. My wife and I are actively looking at relocating too. Can’t afford the sunshine anymore.

29-Jan-21
Bumbling Joe and what's her name getting voted in has so far opened pandora's box and is letting all sorts of STUPID out. So far these are the things happening that I have heard of, 2 just last night. 1. This bear hunting ban in Cali. 2. The trapping ban in Con. 3. The start of stopping all oil exploration, drilling and production in USA. 4. Some group calling for no gender specific description of people anymore, WTF. Evidently they want the use of Man, Woman, Girl, Boy to stop being used to describe someone. 5. PETA LOL, of course there stupidness has to shine. They are calling for the use of Chickens and Pigs to describe humans because it is demeaning to those animals.

Just want to Non-Thank those who voted this mess into office. Not all the wack jobs think they can change the world to think like they do.

29-Jan-21
Would one of the Dem contributors come on this thread and give your perspective? Maybe clue us in to what species are next to go on the banned list?

30-Jan-21
I’d be curious on a Democrat hunters perspective too, maybe we’re missing something. Anyone???

30-Jan-21
I would not ask a dem voter to come on here, they are anti hunters and must be shunned by the hunting community. Throw them out of your hunting circles!

30-Jan-21
Have only guided one group of admitted democrats in 40 years; all were union guys and big fans of Obama. It was the longest week ever trying to keep my lips buttoned. But I did switch the TV news from CNN to FOX a few times in the evenings.

30-Jan-21
"Have only guided one group of admitted democrats in 40 years; all were union guys and big fans of Obama. It was the longest week ever trying to keep my lips buttoned. But I did switch the TV news from CNN to FOX a few times in the evenings."

I'm a conservative bowhunting rancher with two grocery markets in sonoma county 60 miles north of SF. I've been holding my tongue for longer than I can remember.

30-Jan-21
Need to fight this. I hope it doesn’t go thru. I feel that other states will copy. I know Colorado will. They seem to do whatever Cali does

30-Jan-21

Pole Mtn's Link
Heres a petition opposing the ban.

31-Jan-21
TTT for the dem response.

31-Jan-21
Not a dem but I follow the ARA movements, and all predators are in the crosshairs in every blue state. Predator hunting = "trophy hunting" = upsetting the "balance of nature".

Here in CO they now want to ban live trapping, after getting other trapping banned. Lions and bobcats will likely be on the 22 ballot.

After the dust settles, they plan to come after bowhunting, citing the "cruelty" aspect.

31-Jan-21
Unfortunately, hunters have provided them plenty of ammunition.

02-Feb-21
Just heard that the bill got pulled! Due to hunter comments and backing by the DFW. Best news I’ve heard in a while!

02-Feb-21
Yeah, i thought bear hunting in CA was going to see it's final days. This is a great development.

• Sitka Gear