steve 28-Jan-21
goyt 29-Jan-21
kadbow 29-Jan-21
Bow Crazy 30-Jan-21
DanaC 30-Jan-21
28-Jan-21

goyt's embedded Photo
goyt's embedded Photo
I pulled cards today and found this picture! The camera is on a long crop field that is about a half mile off of any public road in Ohio. It appears to be a group of Amish but what are they doing? I do not see a gun.

28-Jan-21
Spooky

28-Jan-21
Headed to Pat's place?

28-Jan-21
Mushroom hunting...8^)))

"Headed to Pat's place"... That was a good one...8^)))

28-Jan-21
Coon hunting?

28-Jan-21
Yup, heading to Pat's to coon hunt!! That's weird right there! Shawn

28-Jan-21
Looks like one of them has a bag. Snipe hunt?

28-Jan-21
Why are they so blurry? Do your deer pics look like that? They don't seem to be far from the camera.

28-Jan-21
The guys in the back is carrying an 870 shotgun so they are armed. It's pretty clear. Not sure about the others. Maybe just that one and the others are helping.

28-Jan-21
Taking the kids to church.

28-Jan-21
I'm junking my trail cameras that take photos like this! All of them! My first thought was they are going to haul out a deer, or a group doing a deer body search. Not sure. BC

28-Jan-21
Going to make cro] circles!!

28-Jan-21
Liberal Bowsiters having secret stray meeting. Ahem strategy meeting..

28-Jan-21
Nick......I’ll bet there’s either a pie or sugar in that bag. They’re headed to Pat’s place to either bribe him with the pie, or sugar the fuel tank on his ebike.

28-Jan-21

goyt's embedded Photo
goyt's embedded Photo
The weather that day was a high of 46 and a low of 28. It was a Friday night. Both coon and deer archery season are open of course deer is daylight only. They could have been looking for a deer. It is concerning and I sure would like to know what they were up to.

The camera is old and tired and the batteries were weak. I had all of my better cameras out and decided to put of two old cameras on this field. This one often only has a black exposure at night but with no other cameras with me I figured that daytime pictures would tell me what was walking by during hunting hours. I have enough other cameras to tell my what is on the property. Attached is a low light daytime picture from this camera. Better than nothing.

28-Jan-21
How can you tell they're Amish? Are they known to travel in packs after dark? Just curious..

28-Jan-21
I know this - They will not be happy that you took their pic ;-)

28-Jan-21
I am no longer sure that they are Amish. At first looking at the hats I thought that they were Amish plus I thought that the 4th in line was wearing a dress. Now I think that the leg movement if just making it look like a dress. In fact I do not know who they are or what they are doing. There are a lot of Amish in the area but they have been good neighbors. Maybe someone shot a deer and they were looking for it or someone or a dog got lost and they are looking for them or it. Either way I am okay with it. It is just intriguing to get a picture like this and during a time of the year where coon hunting has probably wound down, few people are still bow hunting and there is nothing but oats in the field. A few years ago we had acres of turnips and radishes. I was picking some of them myself for the table. I can not think of a likely reason for them to be here.

28-Jan-21
A group of at least 6 people walking together in a field at night w/o flashlights....I agree that's kinda weird!

28-Jan-21
I think they're ghosts!

28-Jan-21
?????? time for a new camera!

28-Jan-21
Headed to Pat's to pick mushrooms and check their pot crop while waiting for the dogs to put ol ringtail up a tree............. just like Rush says, don't doubt me on this !!!!

29-Jan-21
Well this has been more helpful than I could of imagined! It looks like I first need to put out signs pointing to Pat's place because clearly this group was just plain lost. I feel so much better now! Secondly I need to start a GoFundMe page so that I can get some new cameras. Strangely I take some comfort in knowing that no one would want to steal my cameras, But don't worry I bought some Game Stop stock a few years ago and sold it on Monday for a mere 250% profit. I thought that I was doing good until it went up 4.5Xs what I sold it for. Keep smiling everyone. Life is too short not to.

29-Jan-21
They are trespassing.

30-Jan-21
My camera comment was out of frustration with my cameras. I have several photos of nice bucks taken after the season with blurry night time photos. I can't tell if they are big 2.5 yr olds, or 3.5 yr olds or older. Any neighbors with 4 kids? BC

30-Jan-21
Wrong time of year to be picking night crawlers...

• Sitka Gear