Kannuck 01-Feb-21
The last savage 01-Feb-21
TrapperKayak 01-Feb-21
RymanCat 02-Feb-21
Barty1970 02-Feb-21
Ambush 02-Feb-21
Shuteye 04-Feb-21
28-Jan-21
SMH....I was just perusing the science section of Yahoo. Yep, UK authorities are going to use oral contraceptives mixed in hazelnut spread. I wonder if a hunting season (or expanding season dates/limits) was ever considered?

28-Jan-21
Maybe we could try the same thing in Starbucks. Seams like it could work.

28-Jan-21
Gamo Whisper seems to work pretty good as a contraceptive. Only need one dose.

28-Jan-21
I think LINK is on to something.

28-Jan-21
I don't ever want to hear complaints about hunger in the UK, they are specifically spending money to reduce a renewable food source. And one that is apparently quite productive, I might add.

28-Jan-21
All they need to do is introduce some Red Squirrels...they are known to chase and castrate Grey Squirrels with their teeth, if you can imagine that! Don't know the scientific term for it, but it's a mouthful I'm sure;)

28-Jan-21
“I think LINK is on to something “ said John MC

Me too, but why stop there ? Let’s take this on the road and get it inside the Beltway !

28-Jan-21
Using an unnatural solution to a natural problem.

SF: Yikes! I'm going to be more careful the next time those buggers are running up and down my tree.

28-Jan-21
I think they are considered invasive and they love their fox squirrels something I think I read....

28-Jan-21
I think they are considered invasive and they love their fox squirrels something I think I read....

28-Jan-21
Why are there no red squirrels in England? In most of the UK, the red squirrel is classed as near threatened. Grey squirrels are the primary cause of the declining population of red squirrels in different parts of the country. The greys carry a virus that is lethal to the reds. They are also outcompeting the smaller reds for food and habitat.Feb 14, 2018

28-Jan-21
When I lived in MN we had reds, greys, and fox squirrels. I shot, trapped, and would have poisoned every red I had. They were true tree rats and destructive as he!!. Terrible nuisances.

28-Jan-21
Imagine you're a red squirrel running around just trying to get a nut and suddenly a gray tree rat runs up behind you and clips your nuts. How would that make you feel?

29-Jan-21
You have it backwards Chief...it's the Red ones that prefer the nuts still in the hairy shell, not the the other way around. Regardless, it's still not something I'm glad as a human we don't have to worry about!

29-Jan-21

KSflatlander's Link
I hate to break it to you but this squirrel castration thing is a biological myth.

29-Jan-21
There's one in every crowd..

For the record, Sigurd Olson is my favorite author, so I blame him.

29-Jan-21
Thanks for setting me straight South Farm. We've been fact checked.

29-Jan-21
I bet China doesn't have a squirrel problem.

29-Jan-21
You guys that have a problem with red squirrels are racist... lol!

29-Jan-21
Anyone have their North American Squirrel Slam? That would be one black, one albino, one gray, one red, one fox, and one flying. Could toss in ground squirrels and chipmunks if you can afford it!

29-Jan-21

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
I got a problem with this thread...

29-Jan-21

What, me worry?? hahaha...

29-Jan-21

South Farm, you forgot about me....whitetailed gray squirrel..good luck ya'll, getting your slam, unless you can make it up to Rome NY and find me. :)

29-Jan-21

South Farm, you forgot about me....whitetailed gray squirrel..good luck ya'll, getting your slam, unless you can make it up to Rome NY and find me. :)

29-Jan-21

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
I was always told this....

29-Jan-21
Trapper, I bet Mepps would pay a hefty price for that tail! Might get double the going price, maybe even a whole dollar! lol!

29-Jan-21

You guys suck.

29-Jan-21
South Farm, I could cut the whole thing off, tie it to a size 2 Gamakatsu and fish for taimen in Mongolia...that would be cool! It would be a priceless one of a kind! :)

29-Jan-21
Yeah, the Eastern Grey Squirrel is an invasive in species in England, like they gave us Starlings and English sparrows, we gave them grey squirrels...8^) Can you imagine trying to kill off all the Starlings and English sparrows in America...8^)

29-Jan-21
It could be worse......imagine trying to conduct birth control on starlings and English Sparrows....LOL

29-Jan-21
meateater.com is a source? squirrels seasonally descend their testicles

29-Jan-21
Squirrels and their testicles: The Myth! Today, someone asked us if we had heard about squirrel overpopulation in NorthEast Arkansas. It was said that many squirrels had been found or killed that didn't have any testicles. The Myth is that the adult female or male would bite off the testicles of their young to cut down reproduction. They stated there was no scar or remnant of a testicle present. After doing alot of research, we have some facts for you. The only time testicles are chewed off by other squirrels is during a fight between two dominant males over a female. One would retreat, and the other would bite at the testicles of the other squirrel sometimes resulting in them being chewed off. The other fact is that squirrel testicles shrink in size in between breeding seasons. They shrink so much that they become retained, and aren't visible. In conclusion, suirrels have testicles. They are not eaten off by other squirrels.

29-Jan-21
Liberal squirrels, who knew?!?!

29-Jan-21
Why do gay squirrels need birth control anyway?

29-Jan-21

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
These squirrels are great in a crock pot. Even old ones are tender when cooked in the crock pot.

29-Jan-21

bigswivle's embedded Photo
bigswivle's embedded Photo

29-Jan-21
red squirrel pp's on the left, grays on the right? saved like turkey spurs? Thats a new one!! nice....

29-Jan-21
trublu......ya gotta admit, it took some balls to even start this thread...

29-Jan-21
Yes , put them in the pill. It's 177 amd comes out of a RWS, end of story.

29-Jan-21
Bigwswivle, I have a bolt action that shoots all of those. Load it on Monday and shoot all week.

30-Jan-21

The last savage's embedded Photo
The last savage's embedded Photo
Now boys this is bowsite, this method is appropriate...haaa

30-Jan-21
I dunno Savage. We just finished the blood trail challenge. How far was the shot? Did the squirrel go more than 50 yards. Lungs, Liver, Stomach? Direction of travel?

30-Jan-21
12 yard head shot my man... he never moved. ..

30-Jan-21
When using bow and arrow I use those heads that have four spring loaded prongs. It kills squirrels really well and the arrow normally stays in the squirrel. It passes the head but the dirt stops arrow and the squirrel is easy to get.

31-Jan-21
Rubber blunts will kill them too...

31-Jan-21
Killed a few with judo points off my mother's bird feeder. Unfortunately I destroyed a few feeders too, lost my hunting privileges there... Here in western MA we have some all-black-variant grey squirrels, been wanting one for fly tying but never see one when armed. (Side note - red squirrel tail fur makes the spikiest nymphs you ever saw.)

31-Jan-21
Yep it was a judo to the cranium..

31-Jan-21
Dana those all black are probably fox squirrels that are usually red in the North

01-Feb-21

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Some of them are jet black...
Zbone's embedded Photo
Some of them are jet black...
Zbone's embedded Photo
And some come in different shades... These with silver tipped backs and rust colored tails...
Zbone's embedded Photo
And some come in different shades... These with silver tipped backs and rust colored tails...
4nolz - Being MA, they're likely melanistic (black phase) eastern gray squirrel, they are common around here... Have seen over 20 at my feeder before...

01-Feb-21
My dad calls .22 Quiets "squirrel pills"

01-Feb-21
dang zbone. You should consider becoming a squirrel outfitter!

01-Feb-21
Zbone, do all those matter?

02-Feb-21
So much for squirrel pie.

02-Feb-21
As a British bowhunter, what you need to know?

02-Feb-21
So they're going to bury the squirrels nut for them?

04-Feb-21

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
My trail got a picture of a squirrel and then a hawk catching him for breakfast.

• Sitka Gear