milnrick 29-Jan-21
Yellowjacket 30-Jan-21
ahunter76 30-Jan-21
Buffalo1 01-Feb-21
Mbako 07-Feb-21
INbowdude 07-Feb-21
ahunter76 07-Feb-21
29-Jan-21
I have never done a hog hunt before, however it looks like a great archery experience! Can anyone tell me about Dos plumas ? I have read some great reviews!

29-Jan-21
I lived and hunted the South TX and the Hill Country for 25 + years.

I'd suggest checking on TXBOWHUNTER.COM to see your options.

I'd also give Perdnal Bowhunts in Laredo TX a close look... especially if you want big hogs and a javelina too.

30-Jan-21
I hunted at Dos Plumas maybe 7-8 years ago. It was an okay operation. I never had hogs come to any of the feeders I sat at while my buddy shot 3. We were the only 2 bow hunters in camp the days we were there. The rest were rifle hunters. The hogs we saw shot averaged maybe 80-100 lbs. No big ones.

30-Jan-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
Ihave been to several places in Tx., Perdenel was one & Jerry is great. Long drive. We just returned from Shiloh Ranch in Oklahoma (Sponsor here). Excellent in every way & reasonable. May also be closer for you.. I have a thread recap (Shiloh) with several photos. 6 of us went. Me & another blew our chances but the 4 others took 5 Hogs.

01-Feb-21
What state, location do you want to hunt hogs?

07-Feb-21
I want to hunt TX ! I have booked with Dos Plumas for November 6 an7 . It’s nice because it’s an easy drive from CO. I’m so much looking forward to it! My brother is doing gun and I’m doing bow. Is hog tasty? Any other helpful hints would be welcome!

07-Feb-21
Hogs are terrible to eat. Just pack it up and send it my way, I'll take care of it for you! Actually, they are very tasty unless you get a big old boar. I take the backstraps and tenderloins out and grind up the rest for breakfast sausage. Others' do pulled pork shoulders. I've thought about brining a ham but haven't got the skill yet.

07-Feb-21
Backstraps, loins & the rest breakfast sausage. I have killed them in the 50# range & cooked them whole in the roaster & made BBQ of the entire pig (delicious).

• Sitka Gear